PDA

View Full Version : What's a good source for an odd part?

Jehu
August 20th, 2007, 08:42 AM
I need a spindle for my 75 Chevy K-20 front axle. I fried the right front wheel bearing years ago. It damaged the threads on the spindle. I put a spacer under the ring nuts so they could grab good threads a little further out. I don't have a good comfort level with such a repair. The last time I looked for this, the wrecking yards wouldn't let me have parts off of an axle. They wanted to sell the unit whole.

MR.ROCKAPE
August 20th, 2007, 08:54 AM
I need a spindle for my 75 Chevy K-20 front axle. I fried the right front wheel bearing years ago. It damaged the threads on the spindle. I put a spacer under the ring nuts so they could grab good threads a little further out. I don't have a good comfort level with such a repair. The last time I looked for this, the wrecking yards wouldn't let me have parts off of an axle. They wanted to sell the unit whole.

pick-n-pull doesnt care,just go find the one you need remove and buy just the part you need!!!Or if you want new you can call driveline service,I think they can get them new!!!!

Yoda
August 20th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Asian Specialized is right just go to PNP.

Jehu
August 20th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Now I just need to learn how to identify differential housings.

POOR BOY
August 20th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Now I just need to learn how to identify differential housings.

i do know in the summit mag they have pics of alot of the diff covers to help find out what you got, its in the front of the rear axel section i think:thumbsup: