PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help

RMEF-spokesman
July 29th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I have photo's from over a year ago & this year, that are in this format... INDOC DAY 8 2008 Waterfront...

How do I get them into a file that I can just print the pics I want?

I probably didn't do this right, go to http://www.usmma.edu/parents/... then go to Indoc 2008 Photo Archive & then INDOC DAY 8 2008 Waterfront...

If someone can help me, that would be great!

Thanks.
Mary Ann

Shamus30
July 29th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Ok, it looks like they put all of the photos into a single PDF file.

PDF is a document format and not exactly the most ideal for printing photos from.

Your best option from the pdf is to only print the pages of the document that contain the pics you want to print.

like so:

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/341554363_PaF25-M.jpg

Shamus30
July 29th, 2008, 05:36 PM
deleted dupe post...damn internet connection

RMEF-spokesman
July 29th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Ok, it looks like they put all of the photos into a single PDF file.

PDF is a document format and not exactly the most ideal for printing photos from.

Your best option from the pdf is to only print the pages of the document that contain the pics you want to print.

like so:

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/341554363_PaF25-M.jpg

I have not ever "seen" this file... how do I get there?

Shamus30
July 29th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Once you hit the print button from within the file, you should see the above screen and options.

kairo
July 29th, 2008, 07:41 PM
she wants to extract the individual photos and turn them into Jpegs. Only thing I could think of was to screen capture each one. But that would take a while

mdtraderŠ
July 29th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Any way you can just contact them and get the original files?

Shamus30
July 29th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Yeah, screen caps would be pretty low quality from the PDFs.

Not sure there is a good answer to get just the pics she wants.

RMEF-spokesman
July 30th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I want to be able to send individual pics to wal-mart to be printed.

Someone else said to use the snapshot tool, take a picture of the pic you want, which I can do... I don't know where to put it so that I can send it to wal-mart.

Jehu
July 30th, 2008, 01:04 PM
I want to be able to send individual pics to wal-mart to be printed.

Someone else said to use the snapshot tool, take a picture of the pic you want, which I can do... I don't know where to put it so that I can send it to wal-mart.

I just downloaded the .PDF doc. I could select a single photo and save it as a .JPG file. It turned out to be about 70k for one pic. That seems about right.

Dnmeistr
July 30th, 2008, 01:04 PM
The snapshot tool copies it into your clipboard same as if you were to copy text then paste the pic into a program like MS Paint and then save it as a jpg file onto your hard drive.

RMEF-spokesman
July 30th, 2008, 01:30 PM
I just downloaded the .PDF doc. I could select a single photo and save it as a .JPG file. It turned out to be about 70k for one pic. That seems about right.

How do I save it as a .JPG file?

Jehu
July 30th, 2008, 01:30 PM
The snapshot tool copies it into your clipboard same as if you were to copy text then paste the pic into a program like MS Paint and then save it as a jpg file onto your hard drive.

Does that cause any loss of resolution? He wants to make prints out of the resulting files.

Dnmeistr
July 30th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Jehu, how did you do it. When I downloaded the pdf and did the snapshot tool it saved it to the clipboard, paint would be the easiest program to use.

RMEF-spokesman
July 30th, 2008, 01:45 PM
I took a snapshot.... found paint under programs... pasted it there & saved as a JPG file.

Thanks guys!

Mary Ann

Shamus30
July 30th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Ok, I have been playing with some PDF image extraction software that works pretty well:

http://www.somepdf.com/some-pdf-image-extract.html

I takes all of the images from a PDf and dumps them in a folder of your choosing as a .jpg

There is just one problem with these pdf files from the MM Academy.

Who ever initially put the pdf together manually set the page size at 10X7.5 so when the images are being extracted, or selected and copied then pasted, they are coming out "Squished" (that is a technical term), or rather the image dimensions are being reversed ( 6x4 as opposed to 4x6 for example) the result is that every one looks really tall and skinny.

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/342070203_2HQAE-L.jpg

I am trying :)

Jehu
July 30th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Ok, I have been playing with some PDF image extraction software that works pretty well:

http://www.somepdf.com/some-pdf-image-extract.html

I takes all of the images from a PDf and dumps them in a folder of your choosing as a .jpg

There is just one problem with these pdf files from the MM Academy.

Who ever initially put the pdf together manually set the page size at 10X7.5 so when the images are being extracted, or selected and copied then pasted, they are coming out "Squished" (that is a technical term), or rather the image dimensions are being reversed ( 6x4 as opposed to 4x6 for example) the result is that every one looks really tall and skinny.

I am trying :)

That's what I got. I wasn't sure what caused it but it looked correctable.

Dnmeistr
July 30th, 2008, 01:49 PM
When you use paint they come out normal, so it must be the extraction program.

Shamus30
July 30th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Yeah, if I had a full blown copy of Acrobat on this system I could correct the page dimensions in the original file and extract them all using the PDF image extractor (which BTW works slicker than monkey snot, glad I found that will use that again).

Shamus30
July 30th, 2008, 01:53 PM
When you use paint they come out normal, so it must be the extraction program.

Funny, when I just copied and pasted into paint, they came out the same way, I had to manually restretch them.

RMEF-spokesman
July 30th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Just in case you guys wanted to know... this is Kairo's brother... he is a midshipman at the Merchant Marine Academy. He's starting his 2nd year of school. He went back this summer to be a waterfront trainer for the incoming class. The best pics of him are #13, 23,30 & 68.

Thanks again guys! :)