PDA

View Full Version : My Bio and 88 Samurai Build

Rock Raptor
January 7th, 2006, 02:51 PM
I haven't got a chance to drop in here and show off the rigs and show my presence in the forum, so I will take a couple minutes, introduce myself and show off one of the 3 rigs I have!

As a Fallon Native, I have been wheeling for about as long as some of you have been alive (which to some of you makes me very old), but it don't stop me from fabbing and building and ultimately wheeling! Been a car/truck/Heavy Equipment Mechanic for over 25 years and currently work for a State Agency out in Fallon as Lead Mechanic/Fabricator/Welder.

The current build is in full swing on the 88 Samurai with the 6" suspension lift, and 2" Body lift installed, new 15x8 Rock Crawler wheels with 2" backspace mounted to 33x12.50 BFG Mud Terrains and front bumper finally fabbed.
Now the fab of the rear bumper, install the lockers, 6.5:1 t-case gears, sliders, underside armor, paint, roll cage, top, and about a million other things and maybe it will be ready for a shakedown run about May!

http://www.4wheelnoffroad.com/06samurai/59-500.jpg

http://www.4wheelnoffroad.com/06samurai/69-500.jpg

But for now, the Build Continues:hyper:

Mike

PizzaJeep
January 7th, 2006, 06:06 PM
that is ONE KICK ASS ramp!!

Sierra Valley
January 7th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Nice rig Mike, welcome to the board. Looks like its ready to wheel now.:D

Rock Raptor
January 7th, 2006, 08:24 PM
that is ONE KICK ASS ramp!!

With the price of steel, I won't be building a good one for a while so for now it's whatever is laying around the yard. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.
Besides, if I built a ramp, everyone around here would be wanting to try it.:D

Nice rig Mike, welcome to the board. Looks like its ready to wheel now.:D

Thanks! Almost ready. Just a few warm days (no garage) and the shakedown will begin.

yotapower
January 7th, 2006, 08:25 PM
love the ramp!:no:

Rafterman
January 11th, 2006, 10:49 AM
With the price of steel, I won't be building a good one for a while so for now it's whatever is laying around the yard. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.
Besides, if I built a ramp, everyone around here would be wanting to try it.:D
SMI has odd truses laying around that they will sell cheap. you could fab a good ramp out of that. Talk to linton in SMI shipping.:yes:

Thanks! Almost ready. Just a few warm days (no garage) and the shakedown will begin. :rolling:

rkysbrnc
January 12th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Hey Mike.
Good looking rig. Were in Fallon do you live. I am looking for a few local wheelers to wheel with. I live off Casey Bhind the new fallon mall "Walmart Supercenter"!

Rock Raptor
January 12th, 2006, 08:05 PM
I am about 4 miles west of the center of town. Shoot me a PM and I will give ya more info.

Jagermiester
January 17th, 2006, 11:28 AM
I am also in Fallon. Used to drive the hunter green jimmy (90) in town no top or doors. 7" custom lift w/ 37's sometimes 38.5's other times.

New project is a 79 gmc shortbox
In progress so far
hydroboost
6"
35's