PDA

View Full Version : Video cards and TV?

Brizzman
December 29th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I'm getting sick of DVD players going out on me every couple years. I want to just use my computer DVD player and hook it to my old HDTV. I don't have a video card in my system, it has on board video and 7.1 audio. I don't play any games that require a video card. I know I will need a video card to hook to the TV, but can it just be a cheap one? I want a decent picture, but the TV is older and doesn't have an HDMI input. It has S-video, and 3 different types of RCA connector inputs.

So, do I need a good card or will a super cheap one be good enough? What's the best type of input to use on the TV?

Gizmatical Fuquad
December 29th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Radeon All-In-Wonder. It has input to watch TV on your computer as well as TV output. I have been using various ATI AIW vid cards for several years and have been quite happy with them. :thumbsup:

Roach
December 29th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Best hookup = whatever your TV supports

Composite (RGB) or S-Video - VGA usually isn't horrible

Shinobi
December 29th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Best hookup = whatever your TV supports

Composite (RGB) or S-Video - VGA usually isn't horrible

VGA connections isn't bad at all it is better than Component

Reno Computer Repair
December 29th, 2008, 06:03 PM
I think you can pickup a Nvidia 7800 Video Card with TV out (composite) for about 39.00. Then all you need is a minidin to RCA for the sound.

Brizzman
December 29th, 2008, 06:21 PM
If it just needs a compatible output/input, was thinking this (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187048). $20 is the cheapest one I can find, and it has decent customer reviews.

Reno Computer Repair
December 29th, 2008, 06:47 PM
That will do the job :thumbsup:

But the brand name, I can't help it's...just...too...funny....:P

Brand "SPARKLE"
Model SPPX43DH256MB