PDA

View Full Version : converting files

CashMoney
February 23rd, 2009, 09:30 PM
How would I go about converting files that are saved in iTunes (i think aac) to WMA or MP3?

leifnv
February 23rd, 2009, 09:40 PM
How would I go about converting files that are saved in iTunes (i think aac) to WMA or MP3?

http://www.dvdnextcopyiturns.com/

Brizzman
February 23rd, 2009, 09:46 PM

If they aren't protected files, iTunes will convert them to MP3. If they ARE protected files, burn them to CD, import them again from the CD as MP3 files.

Rizzo
February 23rd, 2009, 09:49 PM
If they aren't protected files, iTunes will convert them to MP3. If they ARE protected files, burn them to CD, import them again from the CD as MP3 files.

Exactly what I was going to say. If they're older iTunes files, they're protected ... if they're newer, then just convert them. Only way to know for sure is to try to convert them to the format you want using iTunes.

CashMoney
February 23rd, 2009, 09:49 PM

i'm not sure if thats an option for me, i have 15gigs worth :nervous:

Reno Computer Repair
February 23rd, 2009, 10:05 PM
i'm not sure if thats an option for me, i have 15gigs worth :nervous:

15 GB of Purchased songs, or 15GB total library?

CashMoney
February 23rd, 2009, 10:12 PM
15 GB of Purchased songs, or 15GB total library?

total library...most are from cd's :sick:

Reno Computer Repair
February 23rd, 2009, 10:38 PM
Well....damn.

I ripped all my CDs nine years ago as mp3. Now I want to rip them all at 192.

We could have a "help Steve rip 400+ cds to mp3 in a night" event. :idea:

*Subject to contract negotiations over food & beverage choices*

Everyone brings a laptop, electric meter goes BOOM.

CashMoney
February 23rd, 2009, 10:40 PM
Well....damn.

I ripped all my CDs nine years ago as mp3. Now I want to rip them all at 192.

We could have a "help Steve rip 400+ cds to mp3 in a night" event. :idea:

*Subject to contract negotiations over food & beverage choices*

Everyone brings a laptop, electric meter goes BOOM.

worst thing is, most of the cd's are scratched now...or lost (stupid freakin friend of my buddies gf one night on new years eve) I wish I had ripped all mine at 320...most were ripped at 192

Reno Computer Repair
February 23rd, 2009, 10:49 PM
I have a CD resurfacing tool that does WONDERS, just have to order a new wheel. A friend had a raging X that put keys to his most prized CDs. All of them took about 4-6 runs through the resurfacing tool and worked perfect.
Works great on DVDs, and game CDs as well.

My son was not very carefull with his game CDs years ago, fixed all of them in exchange for grunt work.

CashMoney
February 23rd, 2009, 10:55 PM
I have a CD resurfacing tool that does WONDERS, just have to order a new wheel. A friend had a raging X that put keys to his most prized CDs. All of them took about 4-6 runs through the resurfacing tool and worked perfect.
Works great on DVDs, and game CDs as well.

My son was not very carefull with his game CDs years ago, fixed all of them in exchange for grunt work.

which tool you use, i tried 1 one time and had no luck. I think my prob was that some of the labels got scratched too (sand mountain no good on cd cases)

CashMoney
February 23rd, 2009, 11:11 PM
http://www.dvdnextcopyiturns.com/

so i was going to download this, until they said they charge you every year for the program which they don't disclose until your about to hit the confirm order button its snuck in some fine print :pissed: :censor:

Reno Computer Repair
February 23rd, 2009, 11:17 PM
There is plenty of free programs to do that..but beer & pizza way sounds faster, more social. "Hey Steve , is that Milli Vanilli?"

http://www.download.com/Free-Mp3-Wma-Converter/3000-2140_4-10442362.html

CashMoney
February 23rd, 2009, 11:30 PM
There is plenty of free programs to do that..but beer & pizza way sounds faster, more social. "Hey Steve , is that Milli Vanilli?"

http://www.download.com/Free-Mp3-Wma-Converter/3000-2140_4-10442362.html

haha i'm all down for pizza and beer, but wouldn't it be easier to just pass my 16gig flash drive around :nervous:

can't say i have any mili vanilli, but there is some vanilla ice and mc hammer