PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry and the computer

CashMoney
February 25th, 2009, 04:05 PM
:maddance: so my phone quit connecting with the desktop manager software version 4.7 last night. If I go into my computer the phone does show up as connected but it looks different and I can't see the memory card in the phone anymore. Tried uninstalling the drivers and program and reinstalling everything twice now and it still don't work.
Its on a vista computer:maddance: and I tried running as admnistrator and that didn't work either.

So if I can't figure it out anyone want to make some cash or beer and stuff to fix it for me :D

Dnmeistr
February 25th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Remove Vista and install XP, problem solved :) Sounds like a windows update may have screwed you over, when reinstalling you didn't install the enterprise version of the software did you.

CashMoney
February 25th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Ya no joke vista blows. No I checked that too to make sure it wasn't enterprise cause I know thats something i'd do. :gapteeth:

Dnmeistr
February 25th, 2009, 04:32 PM
So after installing you set the software to auto sink with the phone, contacts and such.

CashMoney
February 25th, 2009, 04:37 PM
So after installing you set the software to auto sink with the phone, contacts and such.

The blackberry desktop software doesn't even see the phone, so I can't try sync yet :(

Dnmeistr
February 25th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Sounds like a USB problem, try a different port, restart the computer.

CashMoney
February 25th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Sounds like a USB problem, try a different port, restart the computer.

Tried, all the ports, and restarted after every install and uninstall then a few random restarts.

Dnmeistr
February 25th, 2009, 05:21 PM
No idea then, other than checking device manager to see if there are any yellow exclamtion points for hardware problems. Also might try uninstalling DM and reinstalling an older version such as 4.2, but before you do that remove the battery to perform a reset then try to sync.

CashMoney
February 25th, 2009, 05:24 PM
No idea then, other than checking device manager to see if there are any yellow exclamtion points for hardware problems. Also might try uninstalling DM and reinstalling an older version such as 4.2, but before you do that remove the battery to perform a reset then try to sync.

There was a yellow ? when i first started but that was gone after the unistall and reinstall. I'd go back to an older version but they said you needed 4.7 or it wouldn't work with the Storm. Did the battery pull too, i've been getting pretty good at battery pulls, kinda like when I had an iPhone and you had to do a reset once every other day :nervous:

Dnmeistr
February 25th, 2009, 05:31 PM
sounds like it might be time to call to tech support, though I doubt your carrier will be able to fix the problem, so just tell them you want to speak with tech support at blackberry.

CashMoney
February 25th, 2009, 05:32 PM
sounds like it might be time to call to tech support, though I doubt your carrier will be able to fix the problem, so just tell them you want to speak with tech support at blackberry.

I think your right, no way verizon would be any help :censor: they suck. I gota get it figured out, theres some leaked beta software I might give a shot on the crackberry forums :nervous:

CashMoney
February 26th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Fixed it... I threatened my computer with death. :ar15: