PDA

View Full Version : HTC Touch Pro windows mobile phone

tkaltenbach
August 25th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Anybody used this phone yet? Thinking about getting it and was looking for some comments on it. Ive read the reviews and it seems pretty good. Lots of complaints about the battery but I think that depends on how its used.

Thanks

Inc
August 25th, 2009, 11:03 AM
I believe my brother has it, loves it. Way nicer than the previous models.

mdtraderŠ
August 25th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I have it. Cons are definitely the battery and the speed. Granted, I tend to run like 10 apps at the same time and bog it down, but man does it creep. The battery on mine needs to be recharged every night (if I'm that lucky). I use it about 3 hours a day (texting, phone, internet, etc). Pros - I LOVE the qwerty keyboard. Camera is nice. User friendly for the computer savvy person. A lot of $$$ though for a not so special phone. Well I suppose an overall review would be 8.5 out of 10.

tkaltenbach
August 25th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. Work is paying for it so I think we get it for $299. If sprint had an iphone I would probably just get that. I think the short battery life is expected with all PDA's right? How does the windows mobile work for you? Also how does it sync with outlook? do you have to use a 3rd party app like with the pre or can it just connect like the blackberry? People at the sprint store dont know anything.

mdtraderŠ
August 25th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. Work is paying for it so I think we get it for $299. If sprint had an iphone I would probably just get that. I think the short battery life is expected with all PDA's right? How does the windows mobile work for you? Also how does it sync with outlook? do you have to use a 3rd party app like with the pre or can it just connect like the blackberry? People at the sprint store dont know anything.

I love windows mobile - especially since I work in IT and we have a windows DC. It syncs great with outlook. You use microsoft activesync (included with phone) that you just install on your PC and it syncs right up. If work is paying for it, go for it! :thumbsup:

tkaltenbach
August 25th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Awesome thanks. I also work in IT and think it will be a very useful tool.:thumbsup:

Ampdraw
August 25th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Battery life is an issue with every PDA phone I've ever used. Haven't had one yet that if you use for more than just a phone doesn't need to be recharged every night. Current version of Windows Mobile is certainly better than past, but its still got many annoyances and bugs in it. When I start shopping for my next phone I'm going to seriously consider the options that aren't running it.

Slide out keyboards are great, my past 2 phones both had this in addition to the touch screen and I love it, can't go wrong there.

KJAGGERS
August 25th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Just to let you know we have the Touch Pro at Verizon

Ampdraw
August 25th, 2009, 11:40 PM
When you get this phone please do a honest review of it.

A bit of irony, but I just got a notification today from Verizon that I was eligible for a new phone, didn't realize I've had this current one that long.

DTrekk
August 26th, 2009, 04:11 AM
I have never used the the HTC, but I do have the Omnia with Windows Mobile on it and I love it. Its like having a PC in your pocket :D Also all the free games and apps for WinMO out there is awesome.

tkaltenbach
August 26th, 2009, 04:07 PM
When you get this phone please do a honest review of it.

A bit of irony, but I just got a notification today from Verizon that I was eligible for a new phone, didn't realize I've had this current one that long.

Ordered it today. Through work with a 2 year agreement it is $0.99. :eek:Should be here by the end of the week. Ill do a review on it as soon as I learn how to use it.