PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, google!

PizzaJeep
October 21st, 2009, 12:24 AM
its a beautiful day when i can delete the term 'boulevard pizza' from my google ad words campaign because NOW when you search for exactly 'boulevard pizza', i am in the top 5 results.:thumbsup:

boulevard pizza has had a website for almost 3 years now, and ive been spending a lot of time to get people to come to the site and check it out.

THANKS GOOGLE for seeing! haha:D

.... i will never fully understand search engine marketing... i dont think anyone really does.

GO4X4IT
October 21st, 2009, 12:26 AM
Word. Ya know, I haven't been there in a while.. I might have to go there for lunch tomorrow

owenst7
October 21st, 2009, 12:29 AM
when's the next pizza night?

CashMoney
October 21st, 2009, 12:30 AM
damn you, I just had to go google it cause you said that.

kewlbeansbro
October 21st, 2009, 12:33 AM
well if josh is goin there to morrow ill probably be joining him

PizzaJeep
i heard a rumor that the hills angels are having their meeting at the Blvd tomorrow evening but im not sure on the subject.

we as a forum have severely slacked off on the pizza night thing, though... im not really sure why.. lack of organization? interest?

GO4X4IT
well if josh is goin there to morrow ill probably be joining him

Word.

Shinobi
October 21st, 2009, 12:35 AM
Hell yea ... pizza sounds good right about now :D

owenst7
October 21st, 2009, 12:36 AM
i heard a rumor that the hills angels are having their meeting at the Blvd tomorrow evening but im not sure on the subject.

we as a forum have severely slacked off on the pizza night thing, though... im not really sure why.. lack of organization? interest?

I'm always trying to find an excuse to go out to eat and drink beer lol

PizzaJeep
October 21st, 2009, 12:37 AM
Hell yea ... pizza sounds good right about now :D
hey look, shinobi, youre addicted to lifehacker too!!!

now whats REALLY creepy is the new panoramic views that google does now on their maps.

PizzaJeep
October 21st, 2009, 12:41 AM

now whats REALLY creepy is the new panoramic views that google does now on their maps.
its called street view... and i want to know how google was able to stand in the middle of the street long enough to get all of these panoramic views... EVERY 50 FEET IN EVERY DIRECTION!!

http://maps.google.com/maps?layer=c&cbll=39.542065,-119.765356&cbp=12,,,1,&ved=0CBEQ2wU&sa=X&ei=dLneSvnkJZDWtQP8wc3aBQ

GO4X4IT
October 21st, 2009, 12:45 AM
its called street view... and i want to know how google was able to stand in the middle of the street long enough to get all of these panoramic views... EVERY 50 FEET IN EVERY DIRECTION!!

http://maps.google.com/maps?layer=c&cbll=39.542065,-119.765356&cbp=12,,,1,&ved=0CBEQ2wU&sa=X&ei=dLneSvnkJZDWtQP8wc3aBQ

Its actually a vehicle with a sphere with cameras on it
http://www.elevator-seo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/google-maps-car.jpg

kewlbeansbro
October 21st, 2009, 12:47 AM
ive seen it, its a van with a camera on it thats taking shots evry few seconds then they blend them together to get that panoramic view, sometimes while browsing the shots in town you'll see a reflection in a car next to the 'view' or as it passes a building thats got glass all over it you'll see the van...

CashMoney
October 21st, 2009, 12:48 AM
wow that car looks a helluva a lot nicer than the piece of crap I saw drive by the streets by our shop....

PizzaJeep
October 21st, 2009, 12:49 AM
hmmm seems logical.

i wonder how many REALLY confused bystanders and fellow motorists are pictured in those shots...

Shinobi
October 21st, 2009, 12:51 AM
hmmm seems logical.

i wonder how many REALLY confused bystanders and fellow motorists are pictured in those shots...

lol
http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl1/1/15111/28_2008/street%20view.jpg

Shinobi
October 21st, 2009, 12:51 AM

hell yeah life hacker is the shizz

kewlbeansbro
October 21st, 2009, 12:53 AM
lol
http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl1/1/15111/28_2008/street%20view.jpg

thats freakin funny.

PizzaJeep
October 21st, 2009, 12:58 AM
.. and furthermore DAMMIT i want that job!!!!

CashMoney
October 21st, 2009, 01:00 AM
.. and furthermore DAMMIT i want that job!!!!

ur ass probably drives to fast...all you would see in street view would be a blur :rolleyes:

GO4X4IT
October 21st, 2009, 01:02 AM
ur ass probably drives to fast...all you would see in street view would be a blur :rolleyes:

That would be me, too :chuckle:

PizzaJeep
October 21st, 2009, 01:04 AM
you know me well.

CashMoney
October 21st, 2009, 01:04 AM
That would be me, too :chuckle:

no you wouldn't make it far down the street before you had to go get new tires so they would wonder why you had pictures of the same block all the time :D

CashMoney
October 21st, 2009, 01:05 AM
you know me well.

....have you ever owned anything slow..other than a jeep.

GO4X4IT
October 21st, 2009, 01:08 AM
no you wouldn't make it far down the street before you had to go get new tires so they would wonder why you had pictures of the same block all the time :D

I blew thru the 1st set of tires when I got my 5.9... 10,000 miles on a 50,000 m/w set... less than a year on those bad boys.

CashMoney
October 21st, 2009, 01:09 AM
I blew thru the 1st set of tires when I got my 5.9... 10,000 miles on a 50,000 m/w set... less than a year on those bad boys.

:nervous: i got about 5400 on a set for my duramax one time

GO4X4IT
October 21st, 2009, 01:11 AM
:nervous: i got about 5400 on a set for my duramax one time

Nice. Ya, I was doing a lot of AWD burnouts and drifting when I would go to Sac. Its outta my system now (kinda) This set is at 15k and still look fairly new

PizzaJeep
October 21st, 2009, 01:12 AM
....have you ever owned anything slow..other than a jeep.
nope.

my 3 options are:

-jeep with a 195:1 crawl ratio
-dodge diesel with over 1000ft/lb of torque that gets to its 120 top speed pretty darn fast for 8200lbs
-buell motorcycle with 146hp on 2 wheels and a top speed of 171mph... ive only taken it to 165 though..

CashMoney
October 21st, 2009, 01:12 AM
Nice. Ya, I was doing a lot of AWD burnouts and drifting when I would go to Sac. Its outta my system now (kinda) This set is at 15k and still look fairly new

...mine was from hondas. :cool: you know the drill :thumbsup:

PizzaJeep
October 21st, 2009, 01:13 AM
i get about 2000 miles out of my street tires on my bike... and 800 miles on a set of race rubbers for track use only.

CashMoney
nope.

my 3 options are:

-dodge diesel with over 1000ft/lb of torque that gets to its 120 top speed pretty darn fast for 8200lbs
-buell motorcycle with 146hp on 2 wheels and a top speed of 171mph... ive only taken it to 165 though..

what you do to the motor in that beast now! I didn't think you had that much done to it last time I talked to you

GO4X4IT
nope.

my 3 options are:

Doing rough math, Im at about 435 lb/ft of torque:(

PizzaJeep
October 21st, 2009, 01:15 AM
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q138/blazenSS/threadhijack.jpg

GO4X4IT
October 21st, 2009, 01:17 AM
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q138/blazenSS/threadhijack.jpg

Isnt it great?! :D :nervous:

PizzaJeep
October 21st, 2009, 01:17 AM
now do the math with the weight factored in.. whats your foot pounds to pound ratio? hahaha

1000/8200= .12
435/6000= .07

youre close.... kinda.

PizzaJeep
October 21st, 2009, 01:19 AM
what you do to the motor in that beast now! I didn't think you had that much done to it last time I talked to you
common rails dont need much!!!

im currently pushing my II super phat shaft turbo by running my smarty, and water/meth. thats really about it for power adders!

GO4X4IT
October 21st, 2009, 01:19 AM
now do the math with the weight factored in.. whats your foot pounds to pound ratio? hahaha

1000/8200= .12
435/6000= .07

youre close.... kinda.
:(

Guess its time for a supercharger..
Im still waiting for my injectors

PizzaJeep
October 21st, 2009, 01:23 AM
:(

Guess its time for a supercharger..
Im still waiting for my injectors
just think... imagine having almost 40% more torque on tap just waiting to be laid out by your skinny pedal.....

mwahahaha

GO4X4IT
October 21st, 2009, 01:26 AM
just think... imagine having almost 40% more torque on tap just waiting to be laid out by your skinny pedal.....

mwahahaha

:mouth_water: :mouth_water:

PizzaJeep
October 21st, 2009, 01:30 AM
if it makes you feel better, you can sleep well knowing that i fully abuse that torque privilege.

CashMoney
October 21st, 2009, 01:33 AM
common rails dont need much!!!

im currently pushing my II super phat shaft turbo by running my smarty, and water/meth. thats really about it for power adders!

took my turbo off... started getting stupid with the fuel and I didn't feel like buying rods yet. Seeing your number kinda bums me out though cause it sure was nice to watch that boost needle spike up and the EGTs still stay under 1400

PizzaJeep
October 21st, 2009, 01:38 AM
.. atleast my transmisison can handle the power now....

GO4X4IT
October 21st, 2009, 01:40 AM
PM sent Tony

CashMoney
October 21st, 2009, 01:42 AM
I know what im gettin next time...other than beer battered shrooms those are bomb

http://www.boulevard-pizza.com/specialty.html
Meat Eater
The all-meat combo, in all it’s glory! Italian salami, pepperoni,
Canadian style bacon, ground beef, Italian sausage and linguica.
Small 11.49 Medium 16.74 Large 20.49 Extra Large 24.69
Oh ya.

GO4X4IT
October 21st, 2009, 01:43 AM
I know what im gettin next time...other than beer battered shrooms those are bomb

http://www.boulevard-pizza.com/specialty.html
Meat Eater
The all-meat combo, in all itís glory! Italian salami, pepperoni,
Canadian style bacon, ground beef, Italian sausage and linguica.
Small 11.49 Medium 16.74 Large 20.49 Extra Large 24.69
Oh ya.

Mmm.. Everything, cept the salami.. not too fond of it.

CashMoney
October 21st, 2009, 01:44 AM
.. atleast my transmisison can handle the power now....

lol never had a problem with that. Gota love the allisons, with proper clutch's and converter of course.

CashMoney
October 21st, 2009, 01:44 AM
Mmm.. Everything, cept the salami.. not too fond of it.

I think tony needs to go make us some late night pizza cause i'm hungry now

PizzaJeep
October 21st, 2009, 01:45 AM
i love that pizza..

.. but i always add garlic.

if youre going to go that far into a meat pizza... you might as well see how far you can push the envelope hahaha

GO4X4IT
October 21st, 2009, 01:49 AM
i love that pizza..

.. but i always add garlic.

if youre going to go that far into a meat pizza... you might as well see how far you can push the envelope hahaha

I go to a pizza parlor in Truckee called Village Pizzeria.. They have the best pizza I can find in the region, the stuffed pizza.. not a stuffed crust.. but its gonna make you stuffed..

top to bottom
sweet tomato sauce
cheese
toppings
middle crust
toppings
base sauce
skin

its made in a deep dish pan and the whole pizza is that thick:mouth_water:

make that and I'll love you forever

owenst7
October 21st, 2009, 01:49 AM
let's do a pizza night right now!

GO4X4IT
October 21st, 2009, 01:51 AM
let's do a pizza night right now!

:thumbsup: word. Im down

PizzaJeep
October 21st, 2009, 01:55 AM
lol never had a problem with that. Gota love the allisons, with proper clutch's and converter of course.
no i was just saying in comparison to what my trans looked like before i added all the suncoast goodies.

i USED to make my tranny cry every time i towed or had my programmer above like 1/3 of its fuelling capacity.

now it just laughs at me; asking 'is that all you got??' ... as im pullin 13k with my turbo wound out to 45psi

haha

CashMoney
October 21st, 2009, 01:55 AM
id be down but i gots to crash...if you guys are dead set on pizza right now though the only place oyu can get it 24 hours is bullys on damonte ranch and rob drive...not as good as Boulevard but its better than that crap they sell at the store for frozen stuff :thumbsup:

and X2 on the garlic, I love that **** :thumbsup:

PizzaJeep
October 21st, 2009, 01:56 AM
:thumbsup: word. Im down
can it wait till... oh say tomorrow when were open maybe??!!>?

CashMoney
October 21st, 2009, 01:56 AM
no i was just saying in comparison to what my trans looked like before i added all the suncoast goodies.

i USED to make my tranny cry every time i towed or had my programmer above like 1/3 of its fuelling capacity.

now it just laughs at me; asking 'is that all you got??' ... as im pullin 13k with my turbo wound out to 45psi

haha

I gots suncoast goodies now too..cause ATS's customer service licks balls and I didn't want their product in my truck anymore

GO4X4IT
October 21st, 2009, 01:57 AM

:P I guess :D

PizzaJeep
id be down but i gots to crash...if you guys are dead set on pizza right now though the only place oyu can get it 24 hours is bullys on damonte ranch and rob drive...not as good as Boulevard but its better than that crap they sell at the store for frozen stuff :thumbsup:

and X2 on the garlic, I love that **** :thumbsup:
as much as i love you guys... im not going down there at 2am to fire up the ovens and make pizzas...

i am not and probably will never be able to get THAT stoned!

CashMoney

oh no, we were going to come kid nap you. pizza now!

CashMoney
October 21st, 2009, 01:58 AM
as much as i love you guys... im not going down there at 2am to fire up the ovens and make pizzas...

i am not and probably will never be able to get THAT stoned!

...I know someone who could make that happen. ask me how we had a 100 bill at taco bell one night back in the day :nervous:

GO4X4IT
October 21st, 2009, 01:58 AM
oh no, we were going to come kid nap you. pizza now!

El Oh El :D

PizzaJeep
October 21st, 2009, 01:59 AM
I gots suncoast goodies now too..cause ATS's customer service licks balls and I didn't want their product in my truck anymore
screw ATS... they have always struck me as wayyyyy to self important of a company and product. overpriced and unimpressive.

suncoast, on the other hand, is what just about every single big power truck in the country uses.. and they have service to back up their products!

i fully agree with you there my friend!

PizzaJeep
October 21st, 2009, 02:00 AM
...I know someone who could make that happen. ask me how we had a 100 bill at taco bell one night back in the day :nervous:
LIGHT it up cheech!

owenst7
October 21st, 2009, 02:03 AM
So is there a pizza night this Wednesday night? All this meat is making me...wait...nevermind.

GO4X4IT
October 21st, 2009, 02:05 AM
LIGHT it up cheech!

http://boxothoughts.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/cc_upinsmoke_ms_5.jpg

GO4X4IT
October 21st, 2009, 02:05 AM
So is there a pizza night this Wednesday night? All this meat is making me...wait...nevermind.

I dont see anything on the calendar

PizzaJeep
October 21st, 2009, 02:08 AM
oh just show up anyways!! haha

owenst7
October 21st, 2009, 02:09 AM
oh just show up anyways!! haha

I'll just be the alone guy in the corner. :nervous:

GO4X4IT
October 21st, 2009, 02:12 AM
I'll just be the alone guy in the corner. :nervous:

Me an Kewlbeansbro will be there for lunch tomorrow. You should come by

RARECJ8
October 21st, 2009, 10:08 AM

It's no rumor PJ, it's for real. The Hills Angels are holding their monthly meet-n-greet tonight 10/21 at 6pm until...? Spoke to your sister and requested the two long tables. I also made her laugh at your expense! Haha...

All are invited so don't be shy, have a pie and some suds!

Roach
October 21st, 2009, 10:32 AM
I can make you #1 :D

And I work for pizza.

owenst7
October 21st, 2009, 10:50 AM
Me an Kewlbeansbro will be there for lunch tomorrow. You should come by

Can't. Damn physics class at 1. I might make it there tonight but I have a lab that goes until 6-7ish. But I am eating a baked potato with pulled pork, BBQ sauce, sour cream, and cheddar right now. It's pretty damn orgasmic.

PizzaJeep
October 21st, 2009, 12:16 PM
It's no rumor PJ, it's for real. The Hills Angels are holding their monthly meet-n-greet tonight 10/21 at 6pm until...? Spoke to your sister and requested the two long tables. I also made her laugh at your expense! Haha...

All are invited so don't be shy, have a pie and some suds!
Right on! I'll see u tonight!

Ampdraw
November 2nd, 2009, 03:58 AM
its a beautiful day when i can delete the term 'boulevard pizza' from my google ad words campaign because NOW when you search for exactly 'boulevard pizza', i am in the top 5 results.:thumbsup:

boulevard pizza has had a website for almost 3 years now, and ive been spending a lot of time to get people to come to the site and check it out.

THANKS GOOGLE for seeing! haha:D

.... i will never fully understand search engine marketing... i dont think anyone really does.I guess it would probably help you out a lot if someone just told you what it was called you're looking for. You want to look up and read up on "SEO" (Search Engine Optimization) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_optimization). Do so with much caution though, there are scammers out there who claim they will help you get higher google rankings (for a fee), or a lot of even free advice that will only get you more damage done than good. What 99% of these so called SEO companies will actually do is get your web site "black listed" from most search engines because you'll eventually get caught and flagged for trying to cheat the system by what they do to get you results you'll see at first, that is results till they have your money and the google software determines what they've done to get there and "black lists" your web site, your name it's registered under and any other identifiable information related to you they can find all gets black listed.

Once you make a search engine black list you never get taken off it.

The number one way to get a high google ranking is by external links pointing to your web site. The more web sites with a link on it pointing to your web site the higher up the page in a google search your going to land. This is why many poorly managed web message board sites get slammed by "spam bots" posting spam. I always find it funny when people reply to the spam messages, as if the person behind it is ever going to actually read it. They have automated software that just runs 24/7 looking for internet message boards and blogs that the software registers a user name to, then posts a link back to the web site they are trying to obtain a higher search ranking on. Their objective is not to get people on the message board to read the spam and go to the link, they could care less about this, instead they want the google bots to find the posted links when they crawl the web site and thus raise their search ranking.

You could have helped your own ranking by just posting a link to your web site in this thread you started on the very subject. Putting the link in your signature will typically be ignored by the crawl bots.

I can also see the other major reason your getting a low google ranking, you don't have your meta tags on your home page set up correctly. Here's what you have...

<meta name="keywords" content="Pizza, Reno, Nevada, sparks, boulevard, 1076 rock boulevard, rock boulevard, rock blvd, 1076 rock blvd">

This info is key on what the search engine crawl bots are looking at to list your web site and make searches for it findable. The crawl bot is going to grab that information, then scan the readable contents of your actual web page. Note I say readable contents, that means if the info is actually an image file, instead of readable text, it's not going to see it. Others have tried to think they were clever by just swamping their web pages with information and then burying it between deprecated HTML <HIDDEN> tags, the crawl bot software is wise to this trick and looks for its attempts. (If your skilled with using CSS you can still bury text on the page that the crawl bot won't see being hidden, and it isn't readable by visitors to your web site so they don't see the excess clutter. Make sure your good with using CSS tricks before trying this though, or you could do more damage to your ranking than good).

So when you look at the list of names you have in your meta tag keywords, then view the actual contents on your web page, your killing your SEO efforts right there because the crawl bot isn't finding the info on the actual web page.

Pizza = 11 matches on your actual page, that's good
Reno = 0 matches, its not on your page anywhere, gets ignored, Reno.com will be read as a single, and different word than just "Reno", doesn't count.
Nevada = 0 matches on your web page
sparks = 2 matches, that's ok
boulevard = 3 matches
1076 rock boulevard = 0 matches on your web page
rock boulevard = 0 matches on your web page
1076 rock blvd = 0 matches on your web page
With what you have done there, since you have items in the meta tag that aren't even on the web page, the crawl bot is going to ignore much of your page when looking for searchable terms to list you as. By not finding info you claim to be relevant, yet don;t have on your actual page it does you more damage than good. You'd be better off not even using any keywords value.

Here's proof of concept, google search the words you do have as values and are found on your page...

"Pizza, boulevard, sparks"

You come up at the top of the search page if someone is using all three of those words looking for a pizza...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=Pizza%2C+boulevard%2C+sparks&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

However, if I personally was looking to get a pizza, I wouldn't be typing those words into a search engine, instead I'd type...

"Pizza Sparks"

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=Pizza+Sparks&start=0&sa=N

You don't even make the first page, no one is going to bother going to the second page, where your web site didn't make either. You don't even show up till page 4 of the google search, page 4 on a google search and you may as well not even exist in the world.

Look who does come up at the top of the page... Black Rock Pizza, yet when you view the source data of their web page they aren't even using a meta tag keyword value at all. Here's where having bad info does you more harm than no info at all. So you're probably wondering now then how are they getting ranked to the top of page one in a google search?

Go back above and note what I mentioned about external links on other web sites to your own. Then link search your web site, comes up with only 2 hits back to you found by the google bots. Yet link search Black Rock Pizza and you'll find they have hundreds of hits linking back to them and other sites mentioning their name.

You aren't going to solve that problem over night and just take over their number one spot anytime soon. You could however at least get yourself closer if not on that first search page by better utilization of your keyword value in your meta tags.

You'd also help gain favortism by all search engine crawl bots if you updated your DOCTYPE declaration from depricated "HTML 4.01 Transitional", (you have)...

<!DOCTYPE html
PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html40/strict.dtd">

Which isn't correct and in fact looks to me like someone once had your web page DTD as HTML 4.01 Strict, but was edited over (by someone else?) to attempt to declare HTML 4.01 Transitional instead. Depending on if the attempt was to accomidate for browser "quirks mode" or not should still be more correctly written as one of these instead...

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

or

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

...to "XHTML 1.0 STRICT". All modern search engine crawl bots are optimized for scanning web page content to the current XHTML 1.0 Strict standards. It will improve your ranking by making your web pages such, as opposed to the use of depricated code. Your actual code on your page is dam near already capable of passing as XHTML 1.0 Strict. Again, it looks like someone who knew what they were doing originaly coded your pages, then someone else who thought they knew more than they actually do went into it and made some edits, or, less nicely put, a mess out of what was once clean and standards compliant code to XHTML Strict.

All you really need to do to clean the code back up and make it actual XHTML Strict is correct the paragraph tags <p> your using for spacing and instead utilize the css file for page layout. Fix the single table element <table> your using for layout and again do this in your css file (semantic errors), move the "style" values into your css file and properly close out your line break tags <br> should be <br /> which will cause validation errors under XHTML strict.

This is the difference it makes between someone doing your web site who thinks they know what they are doing, and someone who actually does know what they are doing.

And yes that's a lot to read, it was also a lot for me to type and know, but that's what it took to answer your question, that's what will solve your problem.

Rafterman
November 2nd, 2009, 07:25 AM
How are my meta tags?

www.renotactical.com

Ampdraw
November 3rd, 2009, 02:12 AM
How are my meta tags?

www.renotactical.com (http://www.renotactical.com)

Worse than his :eek:, the code that yahoo content generator created for your web pages is also a cluster F for attempting to be XHTML 1.0 Strict like its claiming in your DTD. Web page generating software tends to do that.

Rafterman
November 3rd, 2009, 08:31 AM
all the more reason we need to talk