PDA

View Full Version : Yeah Me!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Home To Envy
November 6th, 2009, 07:54 AM
I passed my contractor's license tests, so I should be fully licensed, bonded and insured in a week or so! That is all, I'm just excited!

litlmeck
November 6th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Grats

Time to be a vendor :thumbsup:

Jehu
November 6th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I passed my contractor's license tests, so I should be fully licensed, bonded and insured in a week or so! That is all, I'm just excited!

Contratulations.

With the market the way it is, isn't this a little like diving in when the pool is drained?

RockRunner02
November 6th, 2009, 11:04 AM
congrats big dog! :applaud: :thumbsup:

he'll be alright. there isn't much in the way of major new construction. but there is always lots of remodel work and additions.

Jehu
November 6th, 2009, 11:44 AM
A client of mine had several projects going at one time a couple of years ago. He mostly built custom homes. He had a nice office and 3 or 4 field superintendents. Last week he was the guy in the orange vest directing parking at UNR. I admire the guy for doing whatever it takes to be productive. he says that the construction company is still going but he's working full time as well. I don't mean to sound discouraging but I would be extremely cautious about relying on income from a new construction company.

Keep your day job. There may be a lot of remodel work going on but the guys that were building million dollar houses a couple of years ago are now competing for those small jobs.

Go for it... but do it with caution.

A Home To Envy
November 6th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Oh yeah, I'm jumping in feet first, no employees, not overextending myself and taking it slow. I've got a couple good clients right now and a couple months of work lined up. See you on Monday Dan, hopefully we can keep eachother busy for a while!

85runner
November 6th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Congratz and good luck!!:thumbsup: