PDA

View Full Version : Good alignment shop

Dennis
December 8th, 2009, 07:00 AM
I need a good competent shop that can properly do an alignment on a IFS/IRS car. Any suggestions?

December 8th, 2009, 12:00 PM
I have heard good things about Sunshine on Rock.

Dennis
December 8th, 2009, 12:39 PM
I have heard good things about Sunshine on Rock.

That was my first thought, as they were highly recommended a few years back, just curious if they are still good?

69cj5
December 8th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Sunshine used to be THE place for alignments. Not quite as good any longer, but still the best in town.

CashMoney
December 8th, 2009, 04:26 PM
I'd call Adam at Adams High Rolling Customs and see who he is using. He has IFS chevys done all the time

XXXXXXX
December 8th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I uae Two Mac's, have for years...

DBJ
December 8th, 2009, 06:16 PM
x4 on sunshine service. they are not cheap but the best in town. I believe Adams uses them as well.

Blazin 93
December 8th, 2009, 06:48 PM
I recommend where I work. I don't trust anyone but myself to do alignments on my car's. I am constantly fixing les schwabs, and firestone's crappy alignment jobs (really don't recommend either of them!). I can guarantee your alignment will be perfect if you bring it to me, and I will give you a print out of where your car was and where it is after the alignment. I work at a scott motors in Reno and we do guarantee our work.

Spence
December 8th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Huge fan of C&C Automotive (Used to be C&C Fuel Injection) they have done all the alignments on all of our cars from jeeps to our track STi. Never had one issue and they will tell you exactly what you are getting or if you want specific numbers they will do it no problem.

http://www.ccfuelinjection.com/

ManNamedJed
December 9th, 2009, 10:10 AM
I take mine to Big O on Pyramid in Sparks. They are really great to deal with. I don't know about IRS though. The guy who does the alignments is this old guy who seems to really know his stuff - not just some monkey off the street.

69cj5
December 9th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I recommend where I work. I don't trust anyone but myself to do alignments on my car's. I am constantly fixing les schwabs, and firestone's crappy alignment jobs (really don't recommend either of them!). I can guarantee your alignment will be perfect if you bring it to me, and I will give you a print out of where your car was and where it is after the alignment. I work at a scott motors in Reno and we do guarantee our work.

Hmmm... if I came to you with a custom vehicle that does not show up in your books, can you make it run down the road straight and not wear out tires? Just asking, because that is the usually the difference between someone that can run a machine and someone that really knows what they are doing. The people that really know what they are doing are EXTREMELY rare in Reno.

MotoMatt
December 15th, 2009, 11:47 AM
it seems like most places have issues with lifted trucks.
Scott Motors said my 33" tires wouldn't fit on the racks
C&C said my short bed extended cab truck was too long to fit on the racks
Sunshine charges around $60 but for a lifted truck almost $100
Triple S wants about $70 for my truck
Les Schwab wants $56

in April i just paid like $50 from Tires Unlimited when they were still in business

Is Les Schwab really that bad? Or do i spend the extra $15 at Triple S where i know they do good work. Or the extra $44 for Sunshine?

CashMoney
December 15th, 2009, 08:26 PM
if you go to schwab go to the one in sparks on prater and sparks blvd and ask for Sean to do it. he's done a few vehicles for us and we haven't had any strange tire wear.