PDA

View Full Version : nice way to spend a -1f degree evening.

DaGimp
December 9th, 2009, 03:27 AM
No one was hurt unless you count standing outside for about an hour in -1f.

http://i48.tinypic.com/27yznyo.jpg

Bitosin
December 9th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Is that the Truckee River Lodge ( 1st and Ralston ) ? Fire at about 1:00 AM on the top floor. I saw the flames about 20min after the FD was there. Don't know why it took so long to get up to it.

DirtyChemist
December 9th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Glad I'm out of town right now. I can't believe it's that cold up there.

MarkB.NV
December 9th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Yeah, colder then heck ... colder than Anchorage in fact. :)

Reno NV, 12dF @ 6:45 PM PST,
Anchorage AK, 21dF @ 4:45 AKST

dirtytoy
December 9th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Yeah, colder then heck ... colder than Anchorage in fact. :)

Reno NV, 12dF @ 6:45 PM PST,
Anchorage AK, 21dF @ 4:45 AKST

wow. thats amazing.

DaGimp
December 10th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Is that the Truckee River Lodge ( 1st and Ralston ) ? Fire at about 1:00 AM on the top floor. I saw the flames about 20min after the FD was there. Don't know why it took so long to get up to it.

Its apartments now, but yes thats it. And Couldnt figure out what took them so long either.

Toyota_James
December 10th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Hey I did the board up on that job.

RARECJ8
December 10th, 2009, 10:30 PM
all the burned-up debris is still piled up on the sidewalk. Also, have you seen the mangled iron raining on ralston side? couple weeks back some doofus drove their GC IIRC thru the rail from inside the parking area. There used to be a lot of international students/temp workers living there... I drive past there 2x each day.

Toyota_James
December 11th, 2009, 04:20 AM
all the burned-up debris is still piled up on the sidewalk.

The building manager called our office and said we threw all that down there from the fifth floor. All we did was board up the windows and our project manager was quick to show him the pictures from when he first got there. Building manager then said it must have been the Fire Fighters. Well no f-ing sh t. I couldn't imagine throwing all that crap down from the fifth floor with all those people walking around down there. Not to mention OSHA I'm sure would bend us over for that one.

Bitosin
December 11th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Did that building manager happen to mention why it took so long to get the fire out? Looked like only three windows boarded up on the top floor. Was it just one apt? Any knowledge of what started it?

Toyota_James
December 13th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Yeah it was contained to one apartment and we only boarded up four windows. Damage wasn't to extensive, just pretty much that one wall. No clue on what started it as I forgot to ask.