PDA

View Full Version : Scam????

BIG BLUE
December 10th, 2009, 08:59 AM
So I am looking to purchase an excursion and came across this one...

http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/1502995144.html

So i email him and this is the last two emails between us....lol sounds fishy to me!

Hi,
I am selling this Excursion because my platoon has been sent back to Afganistan and don't want it get old in my backyard. The price is low because I need to sell it before December 17. It has no damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained and hasn't been involved in any accident..I do have the title , clear, under my name.Vin #1FMSU43P85ED02820.The Suv has 59,100 original miles.
It is still available for sale if interested, price as stated in the ad $4,500 . The suv is in Billings , MT , in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. Let me know if you are interested, email back.
Regards!!!

I am interested. Can you provide any more pics since I realistically cant go and see it up close. How would we handle the transaction? I live I Fernley, Nv.
Jeremy

As I've told you at this moment I am in Billings, MT in a military base getting ready for Afghanistan. This mean that I do a special training program and I am not allowed to get out of the unit or give calls whenever I want.The shipping can't be a problem because I can do it at no cost for you. You will receive the suv along with all the documents including title, bill of sale, full service records and more .Because it is a large transaction we will complete the deal only using an authorized third party like eBay, using their Business Purchase Protection Program.The payment will be handling by eBay and you will benefit of 5 inspection time period (test drive) and the option to accept or reject the suv on my expense. If you are still interested just send me your full name and shipping address. I will forward your info and they will notify you about our deal.

Rafterman
December 10th, 2009, 09:10 AM
count me out. Scam

jfrey123
December 10th, 2009, 09:22 AM
You should probably just send him your ssn, addy and full name now. It'll save the other guy time and effort later on lol

thedevl
December 10th, 2009, 09:43 AM
They allready removed the ad. total scam. Glad to see you didn't go for it!

JeepNoob
December 10th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Yep, anything with "shipping a car" on CL is usually a SCAM :)

ManNamedJed
December 10th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Did you notice the big 'OFFERS TO SHIP CARS ARE 100% FRAUDULENT' on the top of every CL page?

BIG BLUE
December 10th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Did you notice the big 'OFFERS TO SHIP CARS ARE 100% FRAUDULENT' on the top of every CL page?

yup I sure did...hence why I thought I would share it. Besides a 2005 Excursion for 4500...Please...

MChaffey
December 10th, 2009, 06:23 PM
The other day I flagged a CL ad for a '97 Land Rover Defender selling for $4,000 and got the EXACT same email seconds later. Notice it says "the suv" not the make/model.