PDA

View Full Version : Kid stuck at HLT

Shinobi
December 11th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Owenst7 just called me and said that theres a kid stuck at HLT ... I guess he is stuck pretty bad and needs a winch not a tug . Here is Owenst7's number 1-907-8305461 ... I would help but unfortunately I have other obligations ..

Spence
December 11th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I'm down to help, any idea how far up?

CashMoney
December 11th, 2009, 04:35 PM
I'd be down later when i'm off work...kid better have some beer though :gapteeth:

GO4X4IT
December 11th, 2009, 04:38 PM
I don't know where HTL is Kanin.. Sheesh! Its HLT Get it right. Dont worry I fixed it for you

Anyways, I might be able to help in a bit.. I'm doing some paperwork right now

owenst7
December 11th, 2009, 05:09 PM
He has my number and I told him to mak an account on here. It's an ext. Cab ford and he's way too heavy for me to pull even. It's gonna need a winch. I got sick of wearing out my comealong. I'll post pictures when I'm no longer on my iPhone.

Edit:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g153/owenst7/30f08aa4.jpg
lol

I've got him oriented perpendicular to the trail now. Not really a rollover risk anymore. There's a good tree nearby. A decent winch with a snatch block would prbably do work even with a lighter rig.

CashMoney
December 11th, 2009, 05:31 PM
He has my number and I told him to mak an account on here. It's an ext. Cab ford and he's way too heavy for me to pull even. It's gonna need a winch. I got sick of wearing out my comealong. I'll post pictures when I'm no longer on my iPhone.

Where is he stuck at anyways?

owenst7
December 11th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Where is he stuck at anyways?

Oops. Right at the bottom in front of that first hill with all the undulations going up it. I'm headed up there with Josh in a few minutes to goof off some more if anyone would like to join. The kids friends peaced out for the night so he got a ride home with them. I forgot to have him call me, but his friends are trying to get a hold of him through the grapevine. I'm gonna guess he'll be up there first thing in the morning, he seemed pretty concerned about leaving it there overnight.

Maybe he'll know to carry some straps and come-alongs next time around lol.

We'll see if he posts here tonight like I recommended. I told him to call me tomorrow if he finds someone with a winch.

jesse
December 11th, 2009, 07:20 PM
where is hlt at im kinda new around here but it looks like fun is it rock or trail and would a 6 in lift and 35's make it or is hard core that ford doesnt look very capable

owenst7
December 11th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Done. More later.

He's out. Took a winch and snatch block but it went reasonably well. Really makes you appreciate a good set of tires and the experience to know when not to use the throttle. Lol

Shinobi
December 11th, 2009, 08:43 PM
I don't know where HTL is Kanin.. Sheesh! Its HLT Get it right. Dont worry I fixed it for you

Anyways, I might be able to help in a bit.. I'm doing some paperwork right now

lol my bad my damn iphone must have spelled checked it ..

XJGoBoom
December 11th, 2009, 09:38 PM
lol, i wouldnt be doin anything special with this much snow and no recovery plan

:D hope goes well. moss area isnt the best to leave anything..

owenst7
December 11th, 2009, 10:21 PM
where is hlt at im kinda new around here but it looks like fun is it rock or trail and would a 6 in lift and 35's make it or is hard core that ford doesnt look very capable

One of the easier trails around here. It can get a bit technical in the snow but you've judged the fords abilities appropriately. I can't remember if we publicly display trail locations on this board, I know we don't on the AK board. Shoot me a pm and I'll tell you. I'm too lazy to click a bunch of menus on this tiny iPhone screen.

Props to rarecj8 for just calling me to offer help even this late at night. If I ever run into that kid again I'll let him know he owes you a thanks also :D