PDA

View Full Version : Rant: most guys or pirate are mean!

XJ Jarod
December 30th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Ok so i posted a build thread on pirate and then all i get is some low life pos pepole that sit there and bag on me! wtf! why i never said anything about them and i guess since the name was to gay or whatever for them they couldent take it.. and where "all you sh*t is bolt on and blah blah" ok uh first of all thats why it's called a "build" i never said it was done or even close to it! some pepole man they just irritate me! ughh!! whatever they will miss out on a good build.. :mad:

pooz
December 30th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Usually the ones that are **** talkers are computer gurus That dont really build rigs or have a complete fab shop and a lot of money to be caulky. What build thread is yours. Do you have a red star?

flighht2k5
December 30th, 2009, 11:11 PM
They are a bunch of dicks on there that think they have bigger dicks than anyone else, but then they are all fawkers or noobies that have tons on the jeeps anyways.

WILLD420
December 30th, 2009, 11:29 PM
That's why I don't go over there. It's like going to a car show with a restored muscle car. 1/2 the people think it's cool, the other half complain that you don't have period correct, numbers matching blah, blah, blah...

I try to be nice, but I'm getting too old to put up with crap from people I don't even like.

Pariah
December 30th, 2009, 11:45 PM
:censor: them! Really, :censor: them and say it to their faces. Pirate4x4 is the refuge for the dregs of the Internet. The assholes far out number those willing to help. Its kind of a sport to demean new posters.

Xantasm
December 31st, 2009, 12:59 AM
Sorry for the rant, but I can relate to how it pisses you off so I cant resist:

:soapbox:I have a profile on pirate that Ive had for about a year but Ive never bothered posting there cause I am absolutely positive I'd just get **** cause my "Mall Crawler" is all bolt on mainly cause for the last five years I have been fighting with Meniere's Disease and after doing a 2.5 to 4.0 swap on my 89 YJ and not being able to wheel it I decided to move up and get my Rubihara and trick it out with the best toys I can afford. They seem to forget real quick on pirate that they all started as newbie's putting bolt on **** on their whatever's when they were young just like every body else and they asked alot of dumb questions too when they started. More than anything I cant stand the way the flame the heck out of anyone asking anything that isnt up to their standard. And yes time after time I still try to direct people to where to find answers no matter what forum I'm on rather than calling them ****ing retards and telling them to use the search function which is standard Ops for pirate4x4.

I get indignant about their attitude on Pirate4x4 cause I've gone toe to toe as a Cav Scout in OPFORS in Hohenfels Germany against the Belgians, the Dutch, the Germans and the best of the U.S. Army in Europe had to offer for my first two years in the Army driving a HMMWV with 37"s while wearing NVG's and using IR lights instead of headlights. So I figure I've earned my stripes as an offroader and not everyone is lingo savvy on build specs. I can build most things and I can drive better than most I just dont care to remember all the technical terms.

I also figure just cause some jerk built a truggy from an idea he got off the Saturday 4x4 shows and can wheel it in some elite spot doesnt mean he's earned the right to tell anyone who bought bolt on parts that they are too lame or retarded to be amongst the supposed uber leet on a web lounge created for 4x4 gear heads. Forums are for people to get together and learn while sharing stories no matter how simple or how advanced a build is. So deffinately **** them if they dont like your rig. Its yours and your doin with it what you want and thats all that counts. Next time remember to say it loudly, and say it proudly :thefinger:

rok-jeep
December 31st, 2009, 01:27 AM
I've been on Pirate since 2003 and I have to say I love it. When it started it was the hardcore site and they didn't up with the jeeps unlimited type posts. If you want to post over there and avoid being flamed you gotta do it in the right section. Don't post up a bolt up bumper build in the hardcore section or you will get flamed. Find the right section (there are alot over there) and the mods will not let you get flamed in the non-hardcore sections. There are sections for that just find the right one. The site has been cleaned up, you should have seen it years ago

If you know about the Pirates of the Rubicon (which is who the site originated from) that is their style. Lance Clifford is one of the founding Pirate members and runs the site. They have cleaned up their act quite a bit on the trail but they are still rather rowdy, I've wheeled the 'Con with many of them. One night I met up with WelderBoy and a few others and he told me if I wanted to go with them I couldn't run any lights at all, I have never beat up my rig more then I did that night, but it was a blast!

Pirate is known for that, expect it when you go over there and don't ***** to them about getting flamed cause it will only get worse. Keep your head up and don't let them get you down. Even if you don't post use it for the search function and there is a ton of information there.

Xantasm
December 31st, 2009, 01:51 AM
and they didn't up with the jeeps unlimited type posts.

Eh? Was that directed at me or Unlimited's?

Dirty Harry
December 31st, 2009, 04:14 AM

No he was referring to www.jeepsunlimited.com. That is a site where you can ask basic Jeep questions and everyone is very friendly. Different websites cater to different types of users, and apparently a lot of users like Pirate because they are the largest 4WD site in the world.

Xantasm
December 31st, 2009, 04:33 AM
No he was referring to www.jeepsunlimited.com (http://www.jeepsunlimited.com). That is a site where you can ask basic Jeep questions and everyone is very friendly. Different websites cater to different types of users, and apparently a lot of users like Pirate because they are the largest 4WD site in the world.

I forgot about that site, gotcha I'll go back to my own little world now:music:

litlmeck
December 31st, 2009, 05:55 AM
Link?

Special K
December 31st, 2009, 06:52 AM
more time should be out wheeling and shaking hands or at least wrenching than worrying about what people think about you on the internet
its hard for people to talk trash to you online if you've actually met them in person and they find out your a normal joe just like them (hopefully they like you)
thats my though at least, worked pretty well for me.

rok-jeep
December 31st, 2009, 06:58 AM

No brother, I was referring to JeepsUnlimited.com like Harry said. You won't get flamed for anything over there. In fact on Pirate you'll see people refer to a JU question and that is what they mean.

Are there alot of web-wheelers over there...yes. But its still the #1 4x4 site in the world and the amount of information to be found over there is unreal. I've used it to get info and ideas for every build I've ever done. You just have to understand that some guys over there take themselves waaaayyyy to seriously.

For what its worth I'd wheel the s*** out of your rig, I just read the link on it. Nice.

floor ya
December 31st, 2009, 07:04 AM
i like pirate. it is the best spot i have found for crazy tech and the wildest builds.they do take things WAY to far sometimes.it used to be ALOT worse. if you dont buy a red star then you dont get any respect.if you want to see how far the flaming can go hang out in the "trailer park" for a little while.

Bob
December 31st, 2009, 08:04 AM
That's why I don't go over there. It's like going to a car show with a restored muscle car. 1/2 the people think it's cool, the other half complain that you don't have period correct, numbers matching blah, blah, blah...

I try to be nice, but I'm getting too old to put up with crap from people I don't even like.

You hit the nail right on the head, good tech info or not, it's not worth all the BS & attitude that those clowns throw around.

jfrey123
December 31st, 2009, 08:34 AM
I check the threads there pretty often, some of the fabrication stuff is simply amazing. But it seems like they make flamming a sport, not exactly the atmosphere I'm used to after being on this forum for a while.

Maybe I should go there and post my build thread for the Kia... You think the bashing for a Jeep with a bolt-on lift kit is bad? I'm actually kinda curious as to what they'd say about a Kia with spring spacers...... lol

Roach
December 31st, 2009, 08:59 AM
They are a bunch of dicks on there that think they have bigger dicks than anyone else, but then they are all fawkers or noobies that have tons on the jeeps anyways.

9Wl_uQOABxg

Mudycrawler
December 31st, 2009, 09:53 AM
Ok so i posted a build thread on pirate wtf! i never said anything about them they couldent take it.. and " blah blah" ok first of all thats why it's called a "build" some pepole man! ughh!! whatever they will miss out on a good build.. :mad:

Fixed it for ya, except for the bad spelling or typo. Always an invite for those with small testies.

Go back to Pirate4X4.com....

Change your user name to CRA"ZZ"Y JayRod

Grow a SACK and tear it up!

OH, and do your best MR. T impression while you are at it.

Dont take anyone too serious on any web site.

Turn there BLa bla bla, back on them and kick some pookie pirate azz.

(Now use your best Mr. T voice) and tell yourself. "I pitty them fools"

Now go get'em CRAZZYJayRod

Mudycrawler
December 31st, 2009, 09:58 AM
Maybe I should go there and post my build thread for the Kia... You think the bashing for a Jeep with a bolt-on lift kit is bad? I'm actually kinda curious as to what they'd say about a Kia with spring spacers...... lol

Do it

and we should all be in it!

Thats the best lift kit,, its a sick KIA! build.

Deluxxx
December 31st, 2009, 10:05 AM
I joined pirate in 03 or 04 and I got flammed ALOT! And I used to say they were dicks but when I looked back at what I was posting..... It's understandable...haha! There's so much info on that site it's crazy! Just make sure if your not cutting your jeep in half and putting rockwells or 54"tires or whatever nutball thing post in the non hardcore sections (even then you might get some flamage) I hear wheelin with pirate guys is chaos....

POOR BOY
December 31st, 2009, 10:12 AM
rok-jeep pretty much said it all, if you post in the right place you wont get flamed, everyone gets flamed on there time to time. but i dont know anywhere else you will find the info that is on that site

Bitosin
December 31st, 2009, 10:24 AM
I have no love for the Pirate 4X4 types either. A while back I was searching for some trail info and came across a post where a local wheeler was stuck and requesting assistance. The response he got was in the nature of " how much will you pay us" and "if you aren't offering to pay for our services, you can just stay there. They all seem to be a bunch of snooty d***heads who think they are better than all of the other wheelers out here.

Mr. Awesome
December 31st, 2009, 11:22 AM
Pirate is weak. there are soooo many tools over there. I got sick of it , now I am here.

Rockindoc
December 31st, 2009, 11:26 AM
Ok so i posted a build thread on pirate and then all i get is some low life pos pepole that sit there and bag on me! wtf! why i never said anything about them and i guess since the name was to gay or whatever for them they couldent take it.. and where "all you sh*t is bolt on and blah blah" ok uh first of all thats why it's called a "build" i never said it was done or even close to it! some pepole man they just irritate me! ughh!! whatever they will miss out on a good build.. :mad:

They are all English scholars that can't stand bad punctuation/grammar.

Inc
December 31st, 2009, 11:32 AM
I have a bunch of the info off there bookmarked. I am not a member of Pirate, it just isn't my kind of site, but man is there a ton of useful info there.

RARECJ8
December 31st, 2009, 11:56 AM
anything you could possibly want to do to your rig is already done and it's likely somewhere on pirate. Don't let some web-wheeler deter you-- stand up and answer the challenge. I stay mostly in the regional forums, lost/stolen rigs or the land use threads. The Rubicon thread is a great go-to place for the ever present closure issues and all things happening on that trail. And unlike the above post on lost rigs, there are a number of recovery threads and all i see are brother wheelers headed out to help out a stuck driver. One thread was a guy this fall that took his dirt bike on the Rubicon and it was hopelessly AFU. Randii, Resqume and a number of others immediately jumped to the plate and the rider and his bike were home safe in no time.

Now, the POR, that's an entirely different gig.

So i'd suggest not letting the juvenile comments dissuade you from the site. EXPECT that conduct in GD and if posting a noob question in hard core. Fair warning. Or maybe try www.jeepforum.com There is a wealth if tech and any tech bible from billavista will make you smarter and more informed.

Beware Tuesdays and don't be a Wenzel!

mb

MrHappy
December 31st, 2009, 12:04 PM
Usually people that talk **** don't have **** because if they did they would know how hard it is to earn ****. Pitty them, they are beneath you.

BigNorm
December 31st, 2009, 12:09 PM
I hate assholes as much as the next guy and probably more but with Pirate you have to remember that it's Pirate. Before you post there read read and read some more. There is a multitude of information there. I stole the idea of welding the cab to the sliders from another guys build there but I regress. Realize it for what it is and use it as a learning platform. Look up the builds and use what you like and discard what you don't. It is also probably one of the best places to find parts from fellow wheelers. I found my D60 and my beadlocks there.

It actually seems to me that they have actually become nicer in recent years. I know that doesn't make you feel better about anyone who razzed you recently but it's true. They seem to have a better tolerance towards new guys than they did before. Try to remember also that there are trolls who have nothing better to do than to see if they can get an emotional response out of you. I've had that happen to me in the past.... here. :nervous: I very seldom post any of my stuff anymore. It makes me happy and that's what's important.

MotoMatt
December 31st, 2009, 02:25 PM
I have a bunch of the info off there bookmarked. I am not a member of Pirate, it just isn't my kind of site, but man is there a ton of useful info there.

im almost curious what they would say to a KJ...

Inc
December 31st, 2009, 04:34 PM
im almost curious what they would say to a KJ...

You mean, you want to see how hard they flame me? :laugh2:

MotoMatt
December 31st, 2009, 04:36 PM
You mean, you want to see how hard they flame me? :laugh2:

ive never been a member of pirate, and never will be either, and im sure they would flame a KJ at first but what about once they saw it in action? or to them is it always just a KJ?

Inc
December 31st, 2009, 04:49 PM
ive never been a member of pirate, and never will be either, and im sure they would flame a KJ at first but what about once they saw it in action? or to them is it always just a KJ?

I don't know what they would think of my KJ. I am sure there would be people that respect it and see it for what it is (nothing terribly special but a decent wheeler), and others that are dicks just for the sake of being dicks that would hate on it no matter what.

XJ Jarod
December 31st, 2009, 05:08 PM
Oh yea i love the site it's got great builds and info! like max's dd zj! that thing is pretty sick! i posted it in the cherokee section just as a little thing but i guess i didint have enough info on it ha whatever yea im planning on changing my name and everything when im somewhat close to the end of my build and we will see what they all say then haha. but it's just i got some many choices that i would like to do to it that i dont have time to sit there and type it all! pics explain a thousand words right! iv been a member since 07 i think but i never really posted. but no im not gunna let some guy that has no idea who i am try to talk **** to me i stood my ground once it got started but i didint want to have all them go crying to there moms after what i was gunna say but if they started it then they need to grow up! and really the name calling they started come on now grow up! your what 25-35 years old! haha thats cool! ha but yea whatever it's not my problem you know..

POOR BOY
December 31st, 2009, 05:09 PM
I don't know what they would think of my KJ. I am sure there would be people that respect it and see it for what it is (nothing terribly special but a decent wheeler), and others that are dicks just for the sake of being dicks that would hate on it no matter what.

i saw a KJ for sale on pirate not to long ago pretty much exact as yours and no one seemed to flame the add. and believe me peoples adds get flamed just look for a samurai with penis doors that was funny. unless they deleted it:laugh2:

Inc
December 31st, 2009, 05:14 PM
i saw a KJ for sale on pirate not to long ago pretty much exact as yours and no one seemed to flame the add. and believe me peoples adds get flamed just look for a samurai with penis doors that was funny. unless they deleted it:laugh2:

Yeah, my buddy James just sold his SFA KJ. It is black just like mine but an older model.

That Guy
December 31st, 2009, 08:51 PM
if you dont buy a red star then you dont get any respect.

Funny....I think I bought one once(5 years ago)....and my threads dont seem to have flame problems...but then again if I have a question I usually use the FREE.... search function.:shh:

Toyota Guy
December 31st, 2009, 10:13 PM
Yeah I too got all butt hurt the first time or two when I got flamed but then I learned how they run their site and now I play by their rules even if I don't like them. I learned to search search search and if you still cant find what your are looking for then type in something new and search again before you post. Pirate is like Microsoft they are the biggest and if you want to use their stuff you just have to put up with their crap.

I have gotten to the point now that if I don't get the customary welcome flames after posting something it makes me fell unloved and makes me wonder what I did wrong.

I searched for three days once looking for some info on something and finally decided to post a question and like usual some a$$ clown told me "why don't you search noob before you post" and I just responded back if you took your own advice you would see that there is no threads with the answer and if I'm wrong prove it. I never saw a repost from him. Just like others said you have to stand your ground. When I'm on Pirate I act like a pirate I swoop in plunder and still what I need and get the hell out.

Tys 4x4 FTW
December 31st, 2009, 10:28 PM
I am a member over there. I probably have less then 10 posts though if that.

i just read a lot and drool over some of the builds.

also get a kick out of the flaming. as long as they aren't flaming me i dont give a sh!t lol

krmnalcrawler
December 31st, 2009, 11:26 PM
I would say that 95 percent of my time on pirate is reading and that's because the information is almost limitless. Like someone else already said If it can be done. You will find it on pirate.Now do alot of thepeople on there give you a ton of $hit for just asking a question? For sure and usually they could have answered the question or pointed you to the info in less time than the amount of crap they have given. But that is Pirate. It is one giant source to a ton of knowledge. There are plenty of other sites from brand specific to general off road where you will get much more respect and alot of time they will be directing you right back into Pirate for the information you wanted. You just bypass the $hit storm. I often use the classifieds and one thing really nice about it is even though Pirate is a world wide site a large majority of the users are from our general area.

DirtyChemist
January 1st, 2010, 01:17 AM
If you know about the Pirates of the Rubicon (which is who the site originated from) that is their style.
One night I met up with WelderBoy and a few others and he told me if I wanted to go with them I couldn't run any lights at all

Their initiation is doing little sluce blind folded.

no-idea
January 1st, 2010, 08:49 AM
I would say that 95 percent of my time on pirate is reading and that's because the information is almost limitless. Like someone else already said If it can be done. You will find it on pirate.Now do alot of thepeople on there give you a ton of $hit for just asking a question? For sure and usually they could have answered the question or pointed you to the info in less time than the amount of crap they have given. But that is Pirate. It is one giant source to a ton of knowledge. There are plenty of other sites from brand specific to general off road where you will get much more respect and alot of time they will be directing you right back into Pirate for the information you wanted. You just bypass the $hit storm. I often use the classifieds and one thing really nice about it is even though Pirate is a world wide site a large majority of the users are from our general area. well said