PDA

View Full Version : cobra cb radio

hockeylife
January 2nd, 2010, 09:39 AM
does anybody kno where i can get a cobra cb radio worked on so that it wont cost me an arm and a leg
its a cobra 29 nw st with the night watch

NoTownXJ
January 2nd, 2010, 09:45 AM
just buy a new one switch cases and then just take it back HA HA HA

solja4jc
January 2nd, 2010, 09:56 AM
any business wont credit money back for an open box/part, but they will give you an exchange. so your just better off buying a brandnew one

FallonJeeper
January 2nd, 2010, 10:37 AM
There's a CB shop at the Alamo truck stop. You can check him for prices.

litlmeck
January 2nd, 2010, 11:06 AM
http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/member.php/1642-KE7DZZ

Roach
January 2nd, 2010, 01:49 PM
What's wrong with it?

hockeylife
January 2nd, 2010, 01:55 PM
when i plug it in and try to calibrate the mic to the needle doesnt move at all and ive tried it with a few diff mics but no luck
so it would prolly jus b better to buy a new one

FallonJeeper
January 2nd, 2010, 10:47 PM
I have the same radio.

You don't calibrate the mic.

Calibrate for SWR (Standing Wave Ratio) SWR calibration is done to properly adjust the length of the antenna and to monitor the quality of the coaxial cable and all RF connections.
1. Select channel 20.
2. Switch to the CAL position.
3. Push and hold mic button.
4. While holding mic button adjust the SWR CAL knob so the meter needle swings to the CAL v mark on the meter (located on the right).
5. While still holding down the mic button,set the S/RF SWR CAL switch to the SWR position, to read the SWR reading.
6. Repeat the same steps two through five on Channel 1 and 40. This will check SWR for all channels.

The idea is to get the same meter reading on channels 1 and 40. Adjust the antenna up or down until you get it right. Once they are matched you should be set.