PDA

View Full Version : looking for 3' drop hitch

fj4play
January 6th, 2010, 08:47 PM
like this one

http://forum.ih8mud.com/members/richelliott-albums-insanely-lifted-80-picture2476-fj80-monster-truck-3.html

bamftruck
January 6th, 2010, 11:09 PM
i cant see it unless i have account there

chevydan3
January 7th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Holy Dangerous!!!!

CashMoney
January 7th, 2010, 04:02 PM
I'm guessing that wasnt a typo and he really means 3 foot eh? I'm curious to see the rig this will be going in

huntinand4wheelin
January 7th, 2010, 04:08 PM
I've never seen anyone that makes a 3' drop hitch. I'm guessing your gonna have to make one custom.

chevydan3
January 7th, 2010, 08:38 PM
I'm guessing that wasnt a typo and he really means 3 foot eh? I'm curious to see the rig this will be going in

Not sure, but a 3 foot long hitch (with trailer attached) puts a whole lotta leverage on the receiver, frame, and rest of the truck.

CashMoney
January 7th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Not sure, but a 3 foot long hitch (with trailer attached) puts a whole lotta leverage on the receiver, frame, and rest of the truck.

Seriously...I'm not a big fan of towing with lifted rigs either though.

Ride 4 Life
January 7th, 2010, 10:04 PM
my step dad has a 2 foot drop hitch for his haha

trupster415
January 8th, 2010, 05:23 AM
here is a pic of it

Bitosin
January 8th, 2010, 05:39 AM

Notice the extra bracing on Trupster's Dad's hitch. That would minimize the leverage problem

chevydan3
January 8th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Are you sure that is a hitch, or a step to get the tiny spare tire off. Seriously though, a rig like that has no business pulling a radio flyer wagon. I have no problem with towing with a lifted truck, but it has to be setup/engineered right. With a 2 or 3 foot drop hitch, anytime you hit the brakes, the trailer is going to push on forward on the hitch like a lever and possibly push/lift the front wheels of the truck off the ground, bend the frame, rip the hitch off, bend or shear the hitch itself. Those little tubing braces aren't going to do anything but bend.