PDA

View Full Version : Iphone

tigger119634
January 9th, 2010, 10:26 PM
I am buying a new phone in the next couple days. I went to the Apple store and they said I should get the the Iphone 3G. They informed me on the differences but said the 3G is more reliable then the 3Gs. Who has what and how do they like it?

flighht2k5
January 9th, 2010, 10:52 PM
My 3gs rocked, until I cracked the screen. I am using my old 3g right now until the other one is fixed. The 3g seems to be slow and laggy.

owenst7
January 9th, 2010, 11:51 PM
My 3gs seems to work fine, and I'm a die-hard candybar nokia guy.

I definitely recommend the Otter case though. It's a really great design for the roofer who breaks all his phones.

zim
January 10th, 2010, 02:23 AM
I have the 3gs and it's fine the only issues I have is with AT&T's crappy service

Dennis
January 10th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Where's the "Other" option?

locrwln
January 10th, 2010, 07:55 AM
I have the 3gs and it's fine the only issues I have is with AT&T's crappy service

Exactly. AT&T seems to shun Norhern/Rural Nevada, whereas, in Las Vegas it rocks. No towers in Winnemucca and only one crappy tower in Elko, that pretty much covers Northern Nevada along the I80 corridor. They don't seem to be in any hurry to upgrade either. Also, their coverage in Reno isn't all that great.

Love the phone, way too many uses.

Jack

WillyWonka
January 10th, 2010, 10:34 AM
I use the first gen or 2G. It's thicker and is tougher than the new slimer models. But the new models have better features like texting pics and more space. The wife has the 3GS, and loves it, but I like my old school one, I drop my phone at least twice a week, and it holds up great. AT&T has great cell phone service, but crappy internet service, so it's a toss up for the service for me. I checked the OTHER option on the poll.(which doesn't exist).

owenst7
January 10th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Can we get a bag phone and a communicator option too?
http://www.privateline.com/war/Motorolabagbig.jpg
http://www.geekalerts.com/u/st-communicator.jpg

tigger119634
January 10th, 2010, 10:52 AM
I use the first gen or 2G. It's thicker and is tougher than the new slimer models. But the new models have better features like texting pics and more space. The wife has the 3GS, and loves it, but I like my old school one, I drop my phone at least twice a week, and it holds up great. AT&T has great cell phone service, but crappy internet service, so it's a toss up for the service for me. I checked the OTHER option on the poll.(which doesn't exist).

I didnt put up another option, becuase I have to have it work with moblie ME and the 2g and other cell phones dont work with it.

PhantomRage
January 10th, 2010, 11:54 AM
I have a first gen iPhone and it works much better for me then the older ones. I do NOT have to pay the data plan for my iPhone since it is the older one. That saves me 60 a month for two phones. If I want to use the internet. I find a WiFi or just deal with no internet. Don't know if the edge network is better for covrage or not, but my phone even works in the blackrock desert.

Not trying to spam here. But for good iPhone advice, or to have iPhones fixed, taken off your hand for cash etc. Call Ryan, 775-453-2745

Phill Kenoyer
January 10th, 2010, 01:38 PM
I am buying a new phone in the next couple days. I went to the Apple store and they said I should get the the Iphone 3G. They informed me on the differences but said the 3G is more reliable then the 3Gs. Who has what and how do they like it?

That sounds fishy to me. Why would they tell you to get a 3G! It doesn't make sense because they don't make it anymore. It's old, slow, and heavy.

3GS has video, it's faster, and it's still being made. AT&T's network is the suck for speed, but it works just about everywhere.

tigger119634
January 10th, 2010, 04:04 PM
That sounds fishy to me. Why would they tell you to get a 3G! It doesn't make sense because they don't make it anymore. It's old, slow, and heavy.

3GS has video, it's faster, and it's still being made. AT&T's network is the suck for speed, but it works just about everywhere.

So even better. I go to the AT&T store today to buy one and the guy says for what I want to do I should get a 2nd Gen and mod it. Thats what he was using. Was swowing me everthing it could do.

I just ordered a 3Gs. Will be here by wednesday.

Mr. Awesome
January 10th, 2010, 04:11 PM
http://trendycellular.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/gordonl1.jpg
Like this one.

CashMoney
January 10th, 2010, 06:57 PM
I've had all 3 and like the 3gs by far over the other ones. You'll be happy you ordered it for sure.

SaturnICL
January 10th, 2010, 07:11 PM
So even better. I go to the AT&T store today to buy one and the guy says for what I want to do I should get a 2nd Gen and mod it. Thats what he was using. Was swowing me everthing it could do.

I just ordered a 3Gs. Will be here by wednesday.

You should buy the Phone from the Apple Store... Att will charge you (rape you) on tax for their imaginary full retail price! they sell you the phone for say $299 for the 32G and charge tax on $5??.00 Apple does not do this!

DirtyChemist
January 11th, 2010, 11:19 AM
If you're getting a new phone will they even have the old iPhone?
Why not switch and get the Droid? Or better yet....the new google phone?

flighht2k5
January 11th, 2010, 02:04 PM
The iPhone is the best phone ever made. I can control my computer with it, control my computer on my tv, rent movies on my tv with it. What isn't there you can't do with the thing

Bitosin
January 11th, 2010, 02:14 PM
What happened to the "good 'ol days" when a cell phone was a device for making phone calls ? (something you talkinto and have conversations on !)

wrenchjunkie
January 11th, 2010, 03:11 PM
What happened to the "good 'ol days" when a cell phone was a device for making phone calls ? (something you talkinto and have conversations on !)

They found out that they were not that great at it and they needed to placate the masses with games and other bs when their call got dropped. Since the majority are a bunch of bedazzling blingers the phones sell like glitter to 12 year old girls and I get stuck with a polished turd that breaks when it gets dropped or sizzles when it gets wet or the screen cracks when it's in my shirt pocket and I lean over a fender. The part timer at the store knows all about how many songs they hold and which ones let you tend your facebook farm while you merge on the freeway at 35 mph but doesn't know squat about durability or battery life but is certain they are out of the rhinestone and the leopard faceplates but is pretty sure there are some Hannah Montanna ones in the back. Oh and they are out of the car chargers FOR YOUR MOBILE PHONE.

Anyone know where I can get one of the waterproof, shockproof Motorola non-flip phones that they used to market as military strong?

tigger119634
January 11th, 2010, 10:53 PM
If you're getting a new phone will they even have the old iPhone?
Why not switch and get the Droid? Or better yet....the new google phone?

I actually have tmobile right now. But they are getting worse with there customer service. Have been through several google phones. G1 and my touch. Not a fan. They work great If you have google as ur email but not any other email.

I am going to the Iphone because it works with my Mobile Me from Apple. No other cell phone works with it.

flighht2k5
January 12th, 2010, 05:33 AM
I actually have tmobile right now. But they are getting worse with there customer service. Have been through several google phones. G1 and my touch. Not a fan. They work great If you have google as ur email but not any other email.

I am going to the Iphone because it works with my Mobile Me from Apple. No other cell phone works with it.

Then download remote app, get the airport and turn your house wireless and get
the apple tv and sync it all together and have fun :)

kairo
January 12th, 2010, 11:27 AM
i voted for the wrong option

DeadpoolNV
January 12th, 2010, 10:59 PM
I bought my 3g at best buy for 100 just the other month, with two year contract which is what they will make you do at at&t too. I love my 3g, but if you dont buy the warranty from best buy then jailbreak that thing, if its not under warranty then there's no reason not to. Shnobi can do it for you and will help you anytime you have a question for it!