PDA

View Full Version : '05 CUMMINS Quad Cab...

MIGHTYRAM97
July 30th, 2006, 11:47 PM
Just bought an '05 Cummins Quad Cab w/15,000 mi. on the odo. Just wonderin if anyone has or knows of any issues with them ??? I drive a commercial rig but never personally owned a diesel before (just pre tripped'em and drove 'em) it's got the 4 spd auto and 9.25 front/11.5 rear axles, and i'ts the HD Model. Also paid $34,000 for it (YIKES):eek: I'll post pics as soon as the USB Cable monster returns it !!!:yes:

scout1/2ton
July 31st, 2006, 08:51 AM
congrats on the new truck mighty and i think i saw u at 7/11 the other day

Connect
July 31st, 2006, 09:13 AM
You can get a brand new 06 for that much!!!

AAM Has a wide selection of automatic/selectable lockers for those axles too :yes:

deadandcompany
July 31st, 2006, 09:15 AM
You can get a brand new 06 for that much!!!

yes:

No you cant.

PizzaJeep
July 31st, 2006, 01:47 PM
....and thats exactly why connect needs to be put back into the corner... hes starting to post stupid sh!t again

PizzaJeep
July 31st, 2006, 01:49 PM
congrats on the purchase!!! once you go diesel, youll never go back.... the CTD is a VERY strong engine, and the drivetrain in the newer years has fewer problems than it did in the second generations.

be prepared to watch your odometer climb to 300k + and still get awesome fuel mileage, great service, and a rediculously strong truck!

Connect
July 31st, 2006, 07:31 PM
Before Tax and licensing, to hell you can't :roll:

deadandcompany
July 31st, 2006, 08:41 PM
Before Tax and licensing, to hell you can't :roll:

Lets see it:yes:

Connect
August 1st, 2006, 01:28 AM
Lets see it:yes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-DODGE-RAM-2500-4WD-4DR-CUMMINS-DIESEL-7236_W0QQitemZ230011173445QQihZ013QQcategoryZ11914 3QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And thats just one of the many :yes:

deadandcompany
August 1st, 2006, 05:16 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-DODGE-RAM-2500-4WD-4DR-CUMMINS-DIESEL-7236_W0QQitemZ230011173445QQihZ013QQcategoryZ11914 3QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And thats just one of the many :yes:

You are a dumb ass:yes: You go pull up an Ebay ad to prove your point:no: . Go down to Reno/Carson Dodge and try to buy one at that price, you might get a 2 wheel drive gas engine 2500 for $33K

Connect
August 1st, 2006, 06:17 AM
You are a dumb ass:yes: You go pull up an Ebay ad to prove your point:no: . Go down to Reno/Carson Dodge and try to buy one at that price, you might get a 2 wheel drive gas engine 2500 for $33K

Hello Mr. "Well the sticker says 40 so I must not be able to get it for cheaper" A little bit of bargaining, effort, and patience will save you thousands. Just because they are the closest dealer doesn't mean I have to go to them and empty out my banking account.

And so what about ebay? Not everything on ebay is a scam, If it will save me that much money I don't give a sh!t! :no:

CrewD
August 1st, 2006, 08:19 AM
Nice Truck MightyRam

:)

CATALYST
August 1st, 2006, 10:09 AM
Hello Mr. "Well the sticker says 40 so I must not be able to get it for cheaper" A little bit of bargaining, effort, and patience will save you thousands. Just because they are the closest dealer doesn't mean I have to go to them and empty out my banking account.

And so what about ebay? Not everything on ebay is a scam, If it will save me that much money I don't give a sh!t! :no:
I just bought an 06 in mid march I tried bargaining and still left paying 40 and was happy:yes:

deadandcompany
August 1st, 2006, 10:27 AM

Funny, sounds like you have purchased a couple new vehicles or you are just talking out you a$$:idea: Being that you are 19 years old, I could guess which:no:

Connect
August 1st, 2006, 11:59 AM
I just bought an 06 in mid march I tried bargaining and still left paying 40 and was happy:yes:

Yea the Megacab 3500 4x4 cummins for 40 is a good deal, the 3/4 ton mega cabs are over 37 :eek:

And yes, although I have never bought a new car, I've been at the table with quite a few (mostly family) and my aunt used to be a car salesman. Also take it from somone who has seriously considered buying a 05/06 cummins quad cab. The trucks are the best and someday I will own one :rolling: :D

MIGHTYRAM97
August 1st, 2006, 09:29 PM
:rolling: Thanks for the compliments everyone <even the dumb ass>:eek: Now I just gotta try and sneak it away from the wife every now and then....:rolleyes:

So far we have bested 18.5 MPG @70mph with the cruise on... has anyone done better ??

Believe me I looked into the prices before I jumped, and it's a real clean unit with 15,000 on the odo. Yeah I could try and nudge and bargain and spend all day at the STEALERSHIP, (And still get boned dry) and hang out with all the VULTURES (salespeople) But I figured head out where no one else goes and not deal with high stress B.S. (not 100% free) but no pressure and not too bad for ) $0 down and 8.2 % (avg. credit rating) but I can refi it in a year or so for less...the taxes were on 6.5% in LYON,County. Hell they even washed it and detailed it OH and filled it up too...

Yeah that was me at 7-11 with the family in tow....

CATALYST
August 2nd, 2006, 11:30 AM
:rolling: Thanks for the compliments everyone <even the dumb ass>:eek: Now I just gotta try and sneak it away from the wife every now and then....:rolleyes:

So far we have bested 18.5 MPG @70mph with the cruise on... has anyone done better ??

Believe me I looked into the prices before I jumped, and it's a real clean unit with 15,000 on the odo. Yeah I could try and nudge and bargain and spend all day at the STEALERSHIP, (And still get boned dry) and hang out with all the VULTURES (salespeople) But I figured head out where no one else goes and not deal with high stress B.S. (not 100% free) but no pressure and not too bad for ) $0 down and 8.2 % (avg. credit rating) but I can refi it in a year or so for less...the taxes were on 6.5% in LYON,County. Hell they even washed it and detailed it OH and filled it up too...

Yeah that was me at 7-11 with the family in tow....
I am always towing with mine.The first few trips it was getting like 8mpg towing then we slowed down from 90 to 75 and got about 10mpg.Last trip the truck had broken 10,000 miles and actually saw 14-15mpg towing.Of course that was with the stock package.I'll let you know how it does with 37"s and the edge box:eek:

PizzaJeep
August 2nd, 2006, 12:44 PM
you poor poor thing!!!

are you using the overhead console or calculating the mileage by hand???

personally, my mileage has been about 18-19 in town where it started at 15 16mpg.

while towing the jeep, my dodge gets about 14mpg.

i plan to make it even better with the next set of mods though..... stay tuned!

BIG BLUE
August 2nd, 2006, 01:56 PM
Nice purchase...and good thing its not a Chevy....and be really glad you didnt buy a new ford...:eek: Heard those new ford engines are crappy...I got a 95 7.3 with turbo and love it although since this new low sulfur fuel i noticed a decline in mileage and there are a few puddles in the driveway that didnt used to be there...

And Connect you cant compare a gas motor to a diesel...diesel jump the price about 6000 or somewheres around there...I almost bought a 2006 f350 with a factory lift and 38s with a diesel and payments of around 850 a month.....my house payment at the time was 1000.....WTF couldnt do it.....

Connect
August 2nd, 2006, 03:51 PM
And Connect you cant compare a gas motor to a diesel...diesel jump the price about 6000 or somewheres around there...

I did no such thing!