PDA

View Full Version : where to find video connectors

willys dave
March 5th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Where does one go to buy Video connectors in Reno? I need F connectors, BNC connectors, Phono to BNC, and stuff like that. I called Sandys and the number is disco'ed. I also heard they were closed. Radio shack doesn't have much at all and may be closing also. So, where to go now? I only need a couple of each kind and don't want to order a gross of them, don't really want to wait to have them sent to me, if I could actually just find a few so, what to do ?

troutman
March 5th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Well I was recently at radio shack and they have these newish parts cabinets...loaded with sma,bnc,rca,PL and so on, and actually a fairly good selection...when they ask to help you, just ignore them and find the cabinet as they really don't know what they have... !

Mr_Scott
March 5th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Depending on quanity and cable types, I might be able to help you out... Sandy's shut down for good I think and I have way more than radio shack. Let me know man.

Gizmatical Fuquad
March 5th, 2014, 08:33 PM
I have a crap load of sealed F connectors for 75 Ohm coax, you can have some if you want. My BNC connectors are all for 50 Ohm RF stuff and wouldn't work for your needs.

willys dave
March 5th, 2014, 09:19 PM
Thanks guys, I went to radio shack on Tuesday and they didn't have what I needed. I need to convert a 1/8" phono connector to a BNC. I have searched my house and think I have found all others.

DaGimp
March 5th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Amazon isnt the greatest when it comes to searching for unusual connectors, but they always seem to have them.

jfrey123
March 6th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Damn, Sandy's closed? Is there another good source in town for automotive relays? Getting ready to dive into a wiring project in the next couple months.

Mr_Scott
March 6th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Thanks guys, I went to radio shack on Tuesday and they didn't have what I needed. I need to convert a 1/8" phono connector to a BNC. I have searched my house and think I have found all others.

Male to male? Just once?

ManNamedJed
March 6th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Bummed to hear Sandy's closed. I knew they moved, but didn't know they closed down.

Doesn't surprise me. Every time I went in there I left annoyed at the poor customer service.

Mr_Scott
March 6th, 2014, 07:49 AM
I think they bit off a little more than they could chew with that huge new place.

BUILTnotBOUGHT
March 6th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Damn, Sandy's closed? Is there another good source in town for automotive relays? Getting ready to dive into a wiring project in the next couple months.
Ya Aamp of America on Glendale

jfrey123
March 6th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Ya Aamp of America on Glendale

Thank you! And that's pretty close to where I work as well!

[EDIT TO ADD: Went to AAMP of America at lunch. They don't sell to the public and you have to have a dealer account to use their website]