PDA

View Full Version : Who sights in bows?

CoopDogg
March 16th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Does anyone know if Cabelas or Scheels sights in bows? I need a new sighted in and I don't have the time before I leave on a trip to do it.

Rubiconthomas
March 16th, 2014, 10:01 PM
We do at Cabela's and I'll bet Scheels does too. It only takes about 20 minutes to get it dialed in really well. Talk to Chad, or Eric back in Archery. Give us a call and we can set aside a time for you to come in.

MARKUNIT10
March 16th, 2014, 10:50 PM
scheels has a range in the archery department with a deer there. i know they string bows for you, would assume sighting it wouldn't be to big of a hassle. never really went to the archery department of sportsman warehouse or cabelas

rundovr
March 17th, 2014, 05:03 AM
Both places have a very short indoor range. These ranges are not designed for more than paper tuning. If you plan on shooting past 15 yards you need to do it yourself.

ChickenLittle
March 17th, 2014, 06:12 AM
will they sight in my long bow?

I also have some rocks for throwing I need sighted in.

CoopDogg
March 17th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Thanks guys, didn't want to make a trip for nothing

HuntNV365
March 17th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Does anyone know if Cabelas or Scheels sights in bows? I need a new sighted in and I don't have the time before I leave on a trip to do it.
Try House of Arrows on Rock.

Inc
March 17th, 2014, 08:31 AM
X2. Rick knows his stuff.

CoopDogg
March 17th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Well went and talked to Chad at Cabelas today and got some time in on the targets. It's dead on at about 20 yards but couldn't go any farther due to the length of their range as someone said earlier in the post.

Do you know if their range is deep enough for 40 yard shots?

Inc
March 17th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Well went and talked to Chad at Cabelas today and got some time in on the targets. It's dead on at about 20 yards but couldn't go any farther due to the length of their range as someone said earlier in the post.

Do you know if their range is deep enough for 40 yard shots?
No, his shop is small so 40 isn't an option.
Why not sight it in yourself at 40?
Take it out to the Silver Arrow Bowman Range and shoot it as far as you want.
They have setups for out to 70 for sure, at least that is as far I ever found/used out there, but there are probably farther distances.

CoopDogg
March 17th, 2014, 03:50 PM
They have setups for out to 70 for sure, at least that is as far I ever found/used out there, but there are probably farther distances.

Because I leave on Thursday otherwise I would

HuntNV365
March 17th, 2014, 04:45 PM

Just take it to the House of Arrows. You don't need a 60 yard range to ruff in your 60 yard pin. They can get them real close at 20 and 40 yards indoors if they know what their doing. Just make sure you do your final adjustments prior to going hunting.