PDA

View Full Version : lift kits

xj brandon
March 17th, 2014, 01:41 PM
i just picked up a new ride i picked up a 2000 jeep grand Cherokee, and i wanna get it lifted, get your guys is recommendation on lifts and sites to look for parts for it

ManNamedJed
March 17th, 2014, 02:46 PM
My suggestion is to get a basic 2" spacer lift with shocks. Add 31" tires and see where that takes you. A jeep with 31s can go to some really cool places throughout NV and not completely destroy your bank account.

Kinda wish I'd left my jeep with a budget boost and 31s.

Dirty Harry
March 17th, 2014, 02:50 PM
My recommendation would be to go talk to the guys at 4Wheel Parts on Victorian in Sparks. They carry a ton of different brands and can give you recommendations to fit your budget and anticipated use.

WJeeper
March 18th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Maybe we should do a Grand Cherokee get together. could be fun to see all the grands that we have. could compare mods/lifts.

For me, the 2in BB did not do much for me, the wj's dont have much clearance. with 31's and my bb, i was dragging my cross-member on hunter lake trail.

the 4in lift i have, does great with 32's. very happy with it now, but not quite in the Daily driver status though.

cmarjeep
March 18th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Iron Rock Offroad, Clayton's, and Kevin's Offroad are really good sites for GC parts and they sell higher quality stuff. For spacers it doesn't really matter- just go with the cheapest. Once you start getting over 3-4" on WJ's it starts getting expensive.

But I agree with Jed. A 2" lifted WJ can get places you'd never think. I have a 2" coil lift on mine and some sliders and have gotten places where people ask how I got back there. For like $300 total including shocks I have a lift where I still have really good road manners and decent off road capability. Whatever I can't drive over I slide over.