PDA

View Full Version : Fishy?

Jeepgurl775
March 19th, 2014, 06:52 AM
So I'm looking for a new to me car and arranged to look at one this evening. Last night I received this:

"Sorry but my husband lost the title. We have to order another. I dont want you to waste a trip. Sorry for the late text"

My first thought was they didn't want to come out and say they sold the vehicle....

ChickenLittle
March 19th, 2014, 07:16 AM
Or they really lost the title

carbonunit
March 19th, 2014, 12:41 PM
I think they would be honest if they sold it. I had this problem on a bike I was selling. I went to get the title out of the safe when the guy was headed my way and I didn't have it. Actually I had to take my paperwork down and have it awarded to me even though I was the original owner because the place I bought it went out of business and they never sent me the title. The buyer was scared off by this even though I had the title turned around on two days.

tahoe1028
March 19th, 2014, 12:56 PM
I got this yesterday. This is fishy or my future exwife

Greetings, I am Veronika and I am a 29 y.o lady. You may be wondering who I am, I found you at site of date & would like to find out better you. For me it is 1st time try to meet friend in such way so I decided to try. I am a single lady and I would very much like to learn more about you. I am attractive, average, light skin, long brown hair. I have pictures and will gladly send you If you like my description. I want to find a good man 4 relations , someone who older then I am. Dont answer me if you are not single or you got msg by accident.

McNasty
March 19th, 2014, 01:06 PM

Greetings, I am Veronika and I am a 29 y.o lady. You may be wondering who I am, I found you at site of date & would like to find out better you. For me it is 1st time try to meet friend in such way so I decided to try. I am a single lady and I would very much like to learn more about you. I am attractive, average, light skin, long brown hair. I have pictures and will gladly send you If you like my description. I want to find a good man 4 relations , someone who older then I am. Dont answer me if you are not single or you got msg by accident.

Sounds legit, I say go for it!

ManNamedJed
March 19th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Not quite everyone on CL is a flake or a scammer. I'd bet they couldn't find the title and are polite enough to not make you waste a trip.

RARECJ8
March 19th, 2014, 02:53 PM

go for it. and be sure to first send $$$ by western union. i posted a wheel barrow on CL and within hours got those spam messages like, you sound hot, lets hook up, look at my pix, etc etc. what a joke. they just hope you click the link...

ChickenLittle
March 19th, 2014, 05:02 PM
go for it. and be sure to first send $$$ by western union. i posted a wheel barrow on CL and within hours got those spam messages like, you sound hot, lets hook up, look at my pix, etc etc. what a joke. they just hope you click the link...

Dont hate on Nigerians.

Jeepgurl775
March 19th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I thought maybe I was just paranoid...

I just wanted to take a peek at the car and see if it was worth asking my buddy to go with me for the final yay or nay. I wouldn't have been scared off by the title needing to be replaced...

As always, thanks for the feedback and entertainment :D