Share |

Thread: OHV Registration coming

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Kris

OHV Registration coming

Nevada off road registration bill to be heard Monday

Nevada’s dubious status as the only state that doesn’t register off-highway vehicles may be nearing an end, backers of a bill to be considered Monday

The Senate Finance Committee will consider Senate Bill 394 and its $400,000 in start up cost. Supporters emphasize that a registration program will be a money-maker.
    With the budget shortfalls we are facing I'd say it's ineveitable it will pass this time.
    Last edited by Pariah; May 4th, 2009 at 07:13 AM.
    -Kris KF7KEK

It's not me. The rest of the world is insane.

error operator
    Real Name
    Roach
    That sucks, What kind of inspection will be required?

and that link doesn't work

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Kris
    Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    That sucks, What kind of inspection will be required?

and that link doesn't work

Feexed it.

I dont know. Since it wont be for highway vehicles hopefully there wont be too many regulations other than it has to have 2 or 4 wheels, brakes and steering.

Full text is here: http://www.leg.state.nv.us/75th2009/Bills/SB/SB394.pdf
    -Kris KF7KEK

renocomputerrepair.com
    Real Name
    Kevin
    Thank you for the information.
    Mr. IPOD
    Ask Big Blue how I saved him $2,600.00 on data recovery!
    Home & office computer repair/ Reno laptop repair/Networking/WIFI/Reno Server repair/Hard Drive Data Recovery/ IP & CCTV Camera Surveillance Systems DVR & NVR
    Call 722-6969 After hours support available

www.sonicwall.com/us
    www.cisco.com

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    John
    I am not 100% certain, but a few years ago when I moved here we bought some streetbikes and got them from Michaels Reno. While I was there I asked about ohv registration because it's mandatory in Wyoming and I did not know about NV. I was told there was actually a law in effect in NV that required new purchased ohv vehicles to have ohv registration. The lady then told me the law actually extended to every ohv but no one was enforcing it yet and they were told not to sell the stickers yet. Again, that is just what she said 3 years ago. Personally, I did not mind paying for it in WY because it was only $15 a year and that money paid for Rangers, Search and Rescue, and Park Maintenance.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Kris
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazin 93 View Post
    Personally, I did not mind paying for it in WY because it was only $15 a year and that money paid for Rangers, Search and Rescue, and Park Maintenance.
    I wouldn't mind it either if it paid for those things. But as it is right now its likely to go to other goverment funding with the budget the way it is. So far I haven't seen how this money would be spent.
    -Kris KF7KEK

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    dave
    ^^X2^^
    I dont weld like a kindergartner... I weld like an epileptic blind first grader that drank too much mtn dew....
    Its all about penetration and an inch can make the world of difference. Ask your GF
    Just take it easy, have fun......some guys think they need an Atlas to back out of the garage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deluxxx View Post
    Don't be mad when I smash my $500 rig into your 15k blingmobile

haasecv is a THIEF!!!

I support Reno4x4!
    Never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end—which you can never afford to lose—with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be. Admiral James Stockdale: American hero.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

<a href=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/rareCJ8.jpg target=_blank>http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...J8/rareCJ8.jpg</a>
    www.hillsangels4x4.com
    Life Member Blue Ribbon Coalition
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Doug
    I have to say I like the idea of getting a title for my OHV's and my sandbuggy. If my junk disappears, I currently have no proof of ownership in NV. Also, it should make used stuff easier to sell in other states. I wonder if we'd still need a non-resident stciker for CA?
    Just some guy

I piss excellence.
    Real Name
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge_Fan_86 View Post
    not sure if ill be there. just bought 100 dollars of captain morgan. So ill probably be passed out in a ditch by then, or being arrested for pissing on a cop car. never can tell. Hope i wake up ontop of the fallon courthouse this time. thatd be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89jeepcpl View Post
    A happy ending in a strip club, is leaving with some cash still in your pocket
    "The dog don't like you planting stuff there. It's his backyard. If you're the only one who craps in something, you own it. Remember that."
    -I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Casci
    I piss excellence.

I support Reno4x4!
    Registration forms will be available after July 2ed. One may self-register by mail w/ $20.00 but the application requires a VIN sign-off from law enforcement or an approved dealer, whom, shocker-- get to charge $ for a VIN check. You have to bring your quad to the dealer for the verification. DMV will NOT do VIN checks.

Also, home built trail biggies are subject and might pose a problem for those w/out an assigned VIN. More Gv red tape. Good news is the NV OHV sticker will work in CA, so no more need to get a green sticker.
    Never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end—which you can never afford to lose—with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be. Admiral James Stockdale: American hero.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

<a href=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/rareCJ8.jpg target=_blank>http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...J8/rareCJ8.jpg</a>
    www.hillsangels4x4.com
    Life Member Blue Ribbon Coalition
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

KF7YHG
    Real Name
    Juston
    Oh boy, here we go. I have been trying to find paperwork on all of my OHV's. I have a feeling this is going to be a headache.

Here is a link to the DMV website for OHV owners. A lot of good info in the previous link, but most of it only applies to dealers.

http://www.dmvnv.com/ohv.htm
    Juston
    MRANN #519P

04 WJ, 4.7H.O., K&N FIPK, Flowmaster Super 40, 231 T-Case swap w/ 32spline S.Y.E., Vari-Lock Differentials, 5.5" Iron Rock Coils, Clayton's Long Arms, Bilsteins, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Tie Rod and Drag Link flip, 315/75R16 BFG KM2's, IRO rocksliders, Gas tank raised 6", 1600watts of Kickin Ass Alpine Stereo.
    Link:
    '04 WJ Build Thread

Links:
    '70 Jeepster Build Part 1
    '70 Jeepster Build Part 2

R.I.P. Jeepster. New one ton Jeepster project to come.....

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Jeremy
    I read that you will be able to get a title for a ohv if you don't have one. I don't have an issue with paying this fee. I grew up in Cali and it was the norm. They have nice offroad parks. Showers bathrooms, electricity. I don't see that happening here as there arn't many offroad designated parks.
    I always have the ability to say something to offend someone somewhere.

It's people like you that make me look smart.

No, don't take it personally. I offend everyone, it's my gift.