Share |

Thread: explain this....

error operator
    Real Name
    Roach

explain this....

This happens every now and then, but not every time...

The water came out of a reverse osmosis system, and water softener - if that means anything

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Kris

Exclamation

Have you seen Ploltergeist? It's based on a true story you know.
    -Kris KF7KEK

It's not me. The rest of the world is insane.

error operator
    Real Name
    Roach

Yea, its got a Cummins
    Real Name
    josh
    Wicked
    Quote Originally Posted by 72 Virginians View Post
    Welcome to M Stebel Photography. Now taking tasteful erotic portraits of moderators.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Kris
    I still say your house is built on a graveyard and the evil spirits are trying to take your soul.
    -Kris KF7KEK

It's not me. The rest of the world is insane.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tony
    The water must be going through your RO system after the softener, if you just had the softener, or straight tap hard water you probably wouldn't be seeing that since the softener leaves some residual sodium on the resin beads in it after it flushes, which ends up in your water. Your RO system must be working, when you stop seeing that happen its probably time to change the bladder in it.

I don't know why it happens (chemistry/physics?), but when I was a technical trainer for Sears techs water systems were just one of the many things I had to instruct on and this was considered normal for RO water. Its just another one of those things that I probably knew the exact "why" to at one time but have long since forgotten. It happens as you get old.

What hits me as odd is you have a softener, and RO system, but you don't have an ice maker in your freezer and instead are using these trays?

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Todd
    Is that an ice cube in your tray, or are you happy to see me?
    This space for rent. Inquire within.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Shane

My Pics on Flickr

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Luke
    are you sure someone isn't telling you your a prick lol might come in handy as a pick-up line at a party something like wow even my ice is happy to see you.

Mall Crawler from Hell!
    That is a well-known phenomenon in Northern Nevada for September. When the moon is near full and a milky way is aligned with uranus, a single ice cube in an old school ice tray has been know to form an exact replica, twice the size, of the penis of the guy that found it. Don't believe it, check snopes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Durtywrench
    Some days I wish my mom would have swallowed too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan(Deluxx) View Post
    I'm not sure what the tranny ratios are, but i can leave it in first-low-low and go take a $hit and come outside and it will still be on my driveway crawling.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Most Interesting Man in the World
    Chuck Norris invented black. In fact, he invented the entire spectrum of visible light, except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    matthew
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockindoc View Post
    That is a well-known phenomenon in Northern Nevada for September. When the moon is near full and a milky way is aligned with uranus, a single ice cube in an old school ice tray has been know to form an exact replica, twice the size, of the penis of the guy that found it. Don't believe it, check snopes.com
    And roach was making fun of me and a beer bottle!
    Quote Originally Posted by CashMoney View Post
    :D its never a dull moment watching matt.

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    John
    Happens to mine too. I end up with about 4 wierd spikes each time.

We have a water softener that was here when we bought the house, but I turned it off/shut the valves. I have what I guess would be a RO system under the sink, but I thought that only filtered water for the little side tap thingie...
    WTB: Lightweight camper shell for pickup measuring 76" x 60". Open to most types/colors, prefer glass to be intact but not a deal breaker. PM me!

Only wheeled Kia Sorento in Nevada on 31's.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tony
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrey123 View Post
    Happens to mine too. I end up with about 4 wierd spikes each time.

We have a water softener that was here when we bought the house, but I turned it off/shut the valves. I have what I guess would be a RO system under the sink, but I thought that only filtered water for the little side tap thingie...
    Follow the water lines out of it and see where they go.

I've seen stuff like this happen without a Reverse Osmosis system, but it was always in climates with high levels of humidity and after the ice trays have been setting undisturbed in the freezer for long periods of time. In those cases it actually was caused by water dripping onto them. All modern frost free freezers go into a defrost period (some people go their entire lives without every seeing their freezer go into defrost, when the day comes that they do see it happening they often think their freezer is not working, or even catching on fire if they notice the orange glow from the defrost heater). In high humidity climates they get a lot more frost in their freezers than we tend to get here, when it defrosts the water is supposed to drain out the back. Sometimes this water will drip from the top of the freezer and form water/ice stalagmites on what ever is under them.

This however could be a much better explanation...

Rockindoc: