Share |

Thread: Pop Warner Football in Fernley

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Neal

Smile Pop Warner Football in Fernley

Hey gang,I was just curios to see if any of the Fernley gang that had kids in sports were willing to put together a few or one team in Fernley.I coach and i am a board member for Fallon Pop Warner,and we are willing to help out anyone who wants to give it a shot.
    For the first year the teams would have to run under the Fallon banner until the Fernley association was formed plus equipment and play/practice facilities.
    All practices would be held in Fernley but home games would have to be played in Fallon for the first season.
    An arrangement can even be made with Sparks if that's more to your liking.

Let me know,if your interested. We are willing to help any way we can.Thanks.

Plus any guys in Fallon that are interested in coaching hit me up..Any of you guys in the Navy need to get some Volunteer time in,i can hook you up,either coaching or field crews.
    Last edited by CoachGreen; April 15th, 2010 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Needed to ad somthing

I like to break sh!!t.
    Real Name
    Jeremy
    I would be interested...but my son is off to highschool next year. This year Fernley joined the nnyfl which is based out of Carson. Only four teams so we are playing each team twice and one teams three times. All games are played in Carson City. Whats the difference between Pop Warner and the football program already in Fernley..ayfl? I coached last year but there was so many problems with the board and the way they run their football program I was glad to see my son heading to highschool.
    I always have the ability to say something to offend someone somewhere.

It's people like you that make me look smart.

No, don't take it personally. I offend everyone, it's my gift.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Neal
    Pop Warner is weight based and we start at 5 years old and go to 16 at the bantam level.We have our own Facilities and dont play at the high schools.
    Our Leugue is the Sage Brush Empire.and it consists of Reno,Sparks,Carson,Douglas,Fallon,S Tahoe,N Tahoe,sometimes Truckee and Portola..they come and go.
    We have one of the better leagues in the west..and the Sparks Wolf Pack made back to back trips to Florida to the National Championships in the last few years.

We already have kids the make the trip over from Fernley to play here.basicly i want to make it easier for the parents.If a Pop Warner league was started in Fernley..not only would it piss off the Ayf...people would save some money.Here in Fallon Pop Warner is Half the price of the ayf,im not sure about other towns.

The League is having a meeting at Jerry's restrant in Fallon at 6:30 tonight.
    Last edited by CoachGreen; April 15th, 2010 at 12:57 PM.

I like to break sh!!t.
    Real Name
    Jeremy
    I don't think I could make that meeting tonight but please keep me informed. It is defianitly something I would be interested in, especially if meant the asshats that run the ayfl here in Fernley would suffer. I would love to get a real football program going in Fernley.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Neal
    Will do man..We have meetings once a month.All year long.next month we separate cheer and football and start putting together practice schedules.
    We can have fliers made up to hand out in the schools..so the kids will know. We will support you 100% to get the ball rolling.

I like to break sh!!t.
    Real Name
    Jeremy
    Let me know when the next meeting is so I can attened. What is your typical season? I know I could get kids interested as there are a lot of kids that play football in Fernley. As I said right now they just started this nnyfl league and its in its infancy. I know ayfl is a big deal for parents since its almost 200 dollars to sign up and for some reason even more for cheerleaders...

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Neal
    A normal season starts Aug 3.practice until jamboree aug 27th and opening day is sept 11. 8 regular season games and 2 play off's.
    Its only 120$ for the first kid,and 100 for the second.that is up from last year.There is no diffrence between Football and Cheer.