Share |

Thread: 5.3L & 6.0L TURNKEY ENGINE PACKAGE INFO & PRICING

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Bryan

4.8L, 5.3L & 6.0L TURNKEY ENGINE PACKAGE INFO & PRICING

BUDGET TURNKEY GM GENIII ENGINES

BD Turnkey GM GENIII Engines are obtained from wrecking yards primarily from California. They are 5.3L & 6.0L engines from trucks & SUV's with a cable OR drive-by-wire operated throttle body. I stipulate they must be clean, free of unusual corrosion, and have no more than 100,000 miles. These are generally the “cream of the crop” of junkyard engines.

The 5.3L & 6.0L GM engines are great engines for modern aftermarket projects. The 5.3L produces a legitimate 300hp, and the 6.0L 325hp in stock form. With a good tune that I provide, these numbers go to around 325hp and 350hp respectably. With the addition of the Z06 / LS6 camshaft it is estimated that it pushes the 5.3L to 350+hp, and the 6.0L to 375+hp. These horsepower ratings are honest, naturally aspirated, and most importantly, RELIABLE – and AFFORDABLE!

PRICES - August, 2012

Demand is increasing significantly for these engines for various reasons. Many are getting exported and put back on the road. The average american car is 10.4 years old now and being repaired. Wrecking yards are having to pay more for them increasing my costs - PERIOD!. I have no choice but to pass it along. Prices will vary depending on AGE, MILEAGE, and CONDITION! Don't be discouraged though. A "turnkey" V8 290HP 4.8L for $1995 is still available.

COMPLETE TURNKEY ENGINES
    generally 80 -120k miles - Sometimes less at a premium price!
    4.8L ---------------------- starting at $1995.00

5.3L LM7 ------------------ starting at $2400.00
    5.3L LM7 w/ Z06 Cam ------ starting at $3100.00

6.0L LQ4 ------------------- starting at $3200.00
    6.0L LQ4 w/Z06 Cam ------- starting at $3900.00
    6.0L LQ9 ------------------- starting at $4200.00
    The prices above are somewhat the average for engines lately, for the real nice, clean, decent mileage stuff.

SHIPPING:
    Shipping is pretty reasonable. I do charge a $50 palletizing fee and you will need the engine transport cradles that i make (can be seen in pictures) at $50. I have shipped to some odd East Coast locations for for around $350 with all the toll roads and bridges, and California for $150. So you can estimate anywhere in between. If you require a Residential and Liftgate I recommend shipping to one of the LTL Shipping Company Terminals and you go pick up. It is the same price as commercial. Residential deliveries are only required to unload at street. At a terminal they will put it in the back of your truck.
    I won't be doing actually shipping costs until a deposit is given. Sorry, its just too time consuming for folks that are just window shopping.

TURNKEY HARNESS & ECM MOD, includes performance tune.
    If you want to get your own wrecking yard engine.

1999-2002 DBC 4.8/5.3/6.0 ----- $400.00
    With 4L60e or 4L80e tuning: +$50
    2003-2006 DBW 4.8/5.3/6.0 ---- $450.00, send Pedal, TAC, TB. proper pedal-to-tb will be validated and throttle stop.

With 4L60e or 4L80e tuning: +$50
    Cruise Control (dbw only): +$50

Your BD Turnkey Engine will come with the following:
    Engine (with less than 100k miles)
    Engine Harness (modified OEM for 3 wire hookup to run)
    ECM (tuned to your specifications)
    Intake Manifold
    Oil Pan (generally truck style)
    MAF (OEM style with incorporated IAT)
    Fuel Rail
    Fuel Rail Connector fittings, cut at firewall (5/16 & 3/8 hose easily adapts)
    Throttle Body, cable type
    Gas Pedal Assemply & TAC Module if DBW
    Throttle Cable, factory OEM style
    All necessary sensors, including front O2’s
    Flexplate
    Starter
    Exhaust Manifolds, with connecting pipe to O2’s
    Spark Plugs, Wires, & Coil Packs
    Water Pump
    Alternator & bracket
    Air Conditioning Compressor, Bracket, Belt, & Port Blocks
    Power Steering Pump & Bracket
    Idler Pulley
    Serpentine Belt
    Last edited by bdacus; November 7th, 2012 at 06:16 AM.
    BD Turnkey Engines LLC
    bdturnkeyengines@att.net
    775-240-3738 9am-9pm PST Daily
    Reno, Nevada
    GM Gen3 V8's starting at $1995 - TURNKEY!
    bdturnkeyengines.com

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Bryan
    Every engine is placed on a run-stand and brought up to full temperature. All sensors are checked for proper function, as well as general engine performance. I do not dyno run or tune engines. I encourage anyone interested in my engines to come by and see and hear the engine run for your self. It is very satisfying to know you are truly getting what you pay for, a TURNKEY ENGINE!

Emissions & DTC Codes
    All of the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC/check engine light) that do not pertain to this engine will be turned off in the tune. The DTC's that remain will help you trouble shoot the problem if the check engine light is being displayed. Most common DTC's are when sensors become unplugged, damaged or stop working. The sensors that remain on the motor are crucial to keep it running. This is a list of the sensor and /or codes that remain. Some of the sensors listed have several codes depending on what is wrong to help you fine tune a diagnosis.

Mass Airflow Flow (if applicable)
    IAT Sensor
    Throttle Position Sensor
    O2 Sensor Bank 1
    O2 Sensor bank 2
    Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 1 and 2
    Fuel System Rich Bank 1 and 2
    Injector Control Circuit
    Fuel Pump Relay Control Circuit
    Engine Misfire Detected
    Knock Sensors
    CKP Sensor (Crank Position Sensor)
    Camshaft Position Sensor
    Ignition Coil Control Circuit 1-8
    PCM Memory ROM & RAM
    5-Volt Reference Circuits

Wiring Harness HookupThe modified harness will come attached to the engine, have a 4-way fuse block (all connections are fused) & 2 relays. 1 relay for Ignition, and 1 relay to run your Fuel Pump. The following wires will be included, although only the first three are truly needed to run the engine.

-Battery 12V+ (mandatory)
    This is a positive, full time, 12V+ source. It is separately fused.
    -Ignition 12V+ (mandatory)
    Generally from the crank/run side of keyed source. It is separately fused.
    -Fuel Pump 12V+ (mandatory)
    This is the 12V+ from the fuel pump relay. The relay is controlled by the computer and is separately fused in the block. When the ignition is turned on, the fuel pump will cycle approximately 3 seconds and turn off until cranking begins. It then runs continuous in crank & run positions of the key. Run directly to fuel pump.
    -MIL (Check Engine Light) 12V- (highly recommended)
    This is a ground wire. Power the MIL with a keyed 12V+, then run this ground wire to the other terminal of the light. This is a very useful tool in engine diagnosis. Mount it in a location that you will immediately notice from the drivers seat.
    -ALDL - OBDII Port
    ALL harnesses will have the standard ALDL / OBDII port available for scanning and performance tuning.
    -Starter Solenoid 12V+
    This generally comes from the “crank” position of the key. 12ga. Wire recommended.
    -Tach output signal
    This is the tach signal from the ECM. Most tachs can be calibrated to read this signal.
    -A/C Compressor 12V+
    This will activate the onboard a/c compressor clutch. I have been very successfully using this type of compressor to make compressed air for trail 4x4 wheeling. I add about an ounce of a good synthetic Royal Purple gear oil every few runs.
    -Cooling Fan Control 12V+
    This is a source from the ECM to control an engine-cooling fan. It
    needs to be routed through an appropriate sized relay.
    -VSS SignalThis is the signal coming from your VSS sensor.
    BD Turnkey Engines LLC
    bdturnkeyengines@att.net
    Reno, Nevada
    bdturnkeyengines.com

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Bryan
    TUNING – SPEED DENSITY vs MAF

BD Turnkey Engines will be SHIPPED with a Speed-Density / Closed Loop tune

This topic is VERY debatable. An Internet research will often leave you with more questions than answers. Continue reading, and I will do my best to explain and substantiate why I feel a Speed-Density / Closed Loop fuel injection system is most appropriate for aftermarket projects.

Speed Density / Closed Loop Tuning
    This is the fuel injection system that I prefer for aftermarket projects. It utilizes every sensor except the MAF. The O2 sensors adjust fuel below 80% throttle. Above 80% throttle (Power Enrichment) fuel is calculated from a table using the TPS, MAP, RPM, etc. This system DOES adjust with altitude via the MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor. The MAP sensor is also used as a BARO (Barometric) Sensor. As you gain or loose altitude the ECM will “shift” the fuel calculations.

NO MAF Reasoning
    In testing & tuning I have found the variations in customers intake design to be very problematic. The factory duplicates millions of cars with identical intake designs and has done extensive MAF tuning on that design. I can sell you a duplicate engine & tune, but no one is going to run the same intake design. The slightest variation or change in intake configuration can significantly disrupt the tune, and I have seen this first hand. The airflow through a MAF can be disturbed very easily by 90-degree bends, couplers, etc. A factory tune uses the combination of the MAF and Speed Density calculations and if the MAF does not function properly they battle each other, and poor performance and drivability is the result. It is usually at a specific RPM window where the intake design induces some sort of turbulence. Many drivers may not even notice it, but in some instances it can be quite extreme. FYI, Not all manufacturers use a MAF even today. Without a MAF I can guarantee that your engine will run identical to the test engine that the tune was derived from.

Speed Density / Open Loop Tuning
    This is often what many are referring to when the term “Speed Density” is used, and it has a somewhat negative connotation to most. It was one of the first injection systems and does NOT utilize O2 sensors and does NOT compensate for altitude or barometric changes. In simple terms, it is an electronic carburetor that injects fuel based on a fuel map relative to throttle position, intake vacuum, & rpm only. It is still used in boats today and some turnkey engine builders still use it.

MAF Tuning
    Ultimately, a MAF tune is the best. If you insist on a MAF Tune I can do it AND my harnesses have provisions for both SD & MAF. The IAT that I add in the intake manifold is tied into the original MAF (has incorporated IAT) circuit. If you want to run a MAF, simply unplug the IAT in the intake manifold and plug in the MAF. Over time if you decide you will NOT be using a MAF, you can cut all 5 wires of the supplied MAF pigtail. For a MAF tune, EVERY aftermarket project is different and will require an additional in-car tuning session after your project is complete at a cost of $100/hour. I have found some MAF’s in aftermarket intake systems to be quit finicky, and may take 4 hours or more to tune. Despite what many think, MAF tunes on GM cars from 1998-2006 use a combination of “Speed Density” calculations with the addition of a MAF to fine-tune. The base in the tune is “Speed Density”! If you unplug the MAF sensor your car still runs, and actually runs well. You will get a “check engine” light, but the system reverts to the “Speed Density” tune. It’s your decision. FYI; My Speed Density tunes have the MAF turned off, so a “check engine” light will not be displayed by eliminating it.

Conclusion
    Your BD Turnkey Engine is going to run VERY good when you get it. You will be surprised at how good without a MAF because of the highly polished tune. I run my personal car without a MAF, as do many drag racers, offroaders, etc. This comes from many hours of tuning that particular engine combination. And that is what you are getting – a duplicate engine & tune!
    BD Turnkey Engines LLC
    bdturnkeyengines@att.net
    Reno, Nevada
    bdturnkeyengines.com

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Bryan
    If you are interested in purchasing a Turnkey Engine Package from me here are the steps:

1: Contact me and discuss your project and requirements.

2: I will generate an invoice per your requirements.

3: Put a $500 deposit down and you will be officially added to my calendar and given a tentative completion date.

4: Upon completion you will receive a final invoice and a video verification of completion similar to the link below.

5: Come pick up your engine and pay the balance.

This is typically what your engine will look like. Ready to Ship or Pickup.

BD Turnkey Engines LLC
    bdturnkeyengines@att.net
    Reno, Nevada
    bdturnkeyengines.com

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Bryan
    I have been doing a couple of motors a month. sold some local, shipped some. Projects have included street rods, sandrails, older daily-drivers, and of course crawlers. here are a few more pics.

-------------------------------------------

Here is a 5.3 L33 all aluminum i did for a sandrail. Installed Z06 cam giving an estimated 375HP for $3100

Here is a standard 6.0L LQ4 for $2800

Here is an 8.1L BIG BLOCK that i'm working on for my own personal boat.

Sometimes the shop gets FULL!

If you need an engine shipped i do that to. Shipped one to Maryland for $260, and California is about $175

BD Turnkey Engines LLC
    bdturnkeyengines@att.net
    Reno, Nevada
    bdturnkeyengines.com

I piss excellence.
    Real Name
    Steve
    you have a lathe in your shop, I'm now jealous of you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge_Fan_86 View Post
    not sure if ill be there. just bought 100 dollars of captain morgan. So ill probably be passed out in a ditch by then, or being arrested for pissing on a cop car. never can tell. Hope i wake up ontop of the fallon courthouse this time. thatd be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89jeepcpl View Post
    A happy ending in a strip club, is leaving with some cash still in your pocket
    "The dog don't like you planting stuff there. It's his backyard. If you're the only one who craps in something, you own it. Remember that."
    -I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Casci
    I piss excellence.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Bryan
    NOVEMBER SPECIAL!

2003 6.0L LQ9 DBW, 113k miles, w/ performance tune

This is the High Output 6.0L from the Cadillac Escalades and Denali trucks & suv.

DISCOUNTED $3200 Turnkey! SOLD! Standard price for 60-100k miles is $3800.

I had a little time between customers and supply so I went ahead and processed the "November Special"! It is ready to ship.

Here is the actual engine on the stand. Email me direct for more pics & carfax report if interested.

Here is the Ultrasound

Last edited by bdacus; November 22nd, 2011 at 04:33 PM.
    BD Turnkey Engines LLC
    bdturnkeyengines@att.net
    Reno, Nevada
    bdturnkeyengines.com

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Bryan
    READY TO SHIP or PICKUP!

2003 6.0L LQ4 W/Z06 CAM - $3400 Turnkey! SOLD

DBW, 79k Miles. Can run 4L80e, TH350, TH400. Sorry, the 4L60/65 & 700R4 wont work with this one.

I bought this motor back from a friend of mine that purchased it in April of this year. He was accumulating parts for a buggy build but never started fabrication. He faced reality and realized he should just buy an already built buggy, and that is what he did.

I put it back on the stand and ran it through the usual paces. Did a minor update to the ECM & relabeled all relative wires.

Email me for the run stand "ultrasound" Video and Carfax if interested.

Last edited by bdacus; December 4th, 2011 at 06:41 PM.
    BD Turnkey Engines LLC
    bdturnkeyengines@att.net
    Reno, Nevada
    bdturnkeyengines.com

Real Name
    Anthony
    Could i put one of these engines in my 1993 gmc sierra. It has the old tbi 350 and want more power. this wont mess up any sensors and do i get rid of my ecu if i order one?

I piss excellence.
    Real Name
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by 93-GMC View Post
    Could i put one of these engines in my 1993 gmc sierra. It has the old tbi 350 and want more power. this wont mess up any sensors and do i get rid of my ecu if i order one?
    You would get rid of your stock computer and sensors. His kits come turn key you just attach a couple wires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge_Fan_86 View Post
    not sure if ill be there. just bought 100 dollars of captain morgan. So ill probably be passed out in a ditch by then, or being arrested for pissing on a cop car. never can tell. Hope i wake up ontop of the fallon courthouse this time. thatd be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89jeepcpl View Post
    A happy ending in a strip club, is leaving with some cash still in your pocket
    "The dog don't like you planting stuff there. It's his backyard. If you're the only one who craps in something, you own it. Remember that."
    -I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Casci
    I piss excellence.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Bryan
    Quote Originally Posted by 93-GMC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CashMoney View Post
    You would get rid of your stock computer and sensors. His kits come turn key you just attach a couple wires.
    Yep, that's right! the problem maybe in controlling your transmission. the 4L60e's went through some wiring changes over the years. my setup can control the transmission and i ship many that way. I know there was a change in 2003 for the 4l60 and you need to match your motor year, either before or after.
    BD Turnkey Engines LLC
    bdturnkeyengines@att.net
    Reno, Nevada
    bdturnkeyengines.com

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Do you do any other turn key engines? Such as ford 4.6l's?
    "Science without Religion Is Lame, Religion without Science Is Blind" - Albert Einstein

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Bryan
    Quote Originally Posted by solja4jc View Post
    Do you do any other turn key engines? Such as ford 4.6l's?
    No. there just isn't a "big" market for Ford stuff.
    BD Turnkey Engines LLC
    bdturnkeyengines@att.net
    Reno, Nevada
    bdturnkeyengines.com

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Bryan
    INVENTORY TO PROCESS
    as of November 7, 2012

Sorry about increased prices. Wrecking yard prices are up 20-40%
    from a year ago on the good clean stuff and especially on the 6.0L's.

---------------------------------------------

True BUDGET V8 power for you in the 4.8L.
    Same iron block as the 5.3 with aluminum heads.
    They look identical and are actually hard to tell apart from the outside.

2003 4.8L, 37k miles - $2300.00 Turnkey + Options!
    This is an EXTREMELY LOW MILE ENGINE and I had to price a little higher because I had to pay more for it. This one is a real nice and clean 100% California, Bay Area motor. Running 91 octane fuel and aggressive PE settings should put out 300+ HP. Can run Th350/400, Manual or the factory matted 4L60e. Cruise control is also available on this one.

The famous 5.3L's

2002 5.3L, 88k miles - $2400.00 Turnkey + Options!
    Typical 5.3 BUT IS DBW WHICH IS ADVANTAGOUS IF RUNNING THE 700R4 TRANSMISSION. Another nice and clean 100% California, Bay Area motor. The Z06 cam & valve spring option for +$700 makes this engine put out right around 360HP. Can run Th350/400, 700R4, Manual or the factory matted 4L60e. Cruise control is NOT available on this one.

2004 5.3L, 84k miles - $2600.00 Turnkey + Options!
    Typical 5.3 that everyone likes and is looking for. This one is a real nice and clean 100% California, Bay Area motor. The Z06 cam & valve spring option for +$700 makes this engine put out right around 360HP. Can run Th350/400, Manual or the factory matted 4L60e. Cruise control is also available on this one.

Standard MONSTER 6.0L'S

2002 6.0L LQ4, 106k miles - $3600.00 Turnkey + Options!
    Another clean California based engine. This LQ4 is a little unique as it was in an early Denali matted to a 4L60e trans. Unfortunetely the Z06 cam is NOT an option with this LQ4 as injectors & fuel tables were different in the early LQ4's compared to my 6.0/Z06 tune I developed for the later LQ4's. Because this was in a Denali in 2002 it is a DBW throttle body.

2004 6.0L LQ4, 104k miles - $3600.00 Turnkey + Options!
    Another clean California based engine. This LQ4 was matted to a 4l80 transmission if you want to run the "big one". Otherwise the TH350/400 or Manual trans is an option. The Z06 cam is an option with this LQ4 and should put out around 375+ HP. It is DBW.

Here are the MONSTER HO LQ9 6.0L

2003 6.0L LQ9, 98k miles - $4200.00 Turnkey + Options!
    Another clean 100% California engine out of an SS Truck. This LQ9 is typical and was matted to a 4l60 transmission if you want to run it, otherwise the TH350/400 or Manual trans is an option. The Z06 cam is an option with this LQ9 and should put it close to 400HP. It is DBW.

They are VERY clean and the cream of the crop. When completed they will look just like all my engines pictures posted.

Option List
    4L60e/4L80e +$50, Cruise Control (DBW only) +$50
    TH350, TH400, or Manual Transmission no charge.
    See first post for shipping info, etc.

Production right now is about 3-4 weeks out to process these engines. $500 deposit secures as yours. Balance due 7 days after completion. Email direct or call to finalize. Will provide Carfax on EVERY engine and a tentative completion date with deposit.
    BD Turnkey Engines LLC
    bdturnkeyengines@att.net
    Reno, Nevada
    bdturnkeyengines.com

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Bryan

NEW INVENTORY ADDED RECENTLY, AND MORE TO COME!

CLICK HERE FOR CURRENT INVENTORY PAGE
    BD Turnkey Engines LLC
    bdturnkeyengines@att.net
    Reno, Nevada
    bdturnkeyengines.com

17. The Following 3 Users Like Shinobi's Post:

alboy97xj (November 18th, 2013), CashMoney (November 18th, 2013), Kyle (November 18th, 2013)

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Dylan
    Trade in plan????
    O' cruel fate, to be thusly boned! Ask not for whom the bone bones - it bones for thee. -Bender