Share |

Thread: Snap On Tool Date Code Chart

I support Reno4x4!

Snap On Tool Date Code Chart

Want to learn more about your Snap On tools, here is a nifty chart to learn the year of manufacture.

Never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end—which you can never afford to lose—with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be. Admiral James Stockdale: American hero.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

<a href=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/rareCJ8.jpg target=_blank>http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...J8/rareCJ8.jpg</a>
    www.hillsangels4x4.com
    Life Member Blue Ribbon Coalition
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Brigitta
    Cool!

I piss excellence.
    Real Name
    Steve
    wish I would of had this before this one used wrench I had replaced recently. It sure looked like an older style wrench. Definitely my favorite brand tools that rarely ever let me down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge_Fan_86 View Post
    not sure if ill be there. just bought 100 dollars of captain morgan. So ill probably be passed out in a ditch by then, or being arrested for pissing on a cop car. never can tell. Hope i wake up ontop of the fallon courthouse this time. thatd be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89jeepcpl View Post
    A happy ending in a strip club, is leaving with some cash still in your pocket
    "The dog don't like you planting stuff there. It's his backyard. If you're the only one who craps in something, you own it. Remember that."
    -I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Casci
    I piss excellence.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    jake
    I'll try to school my snap on guy next week lol.

I piss excellence.
    Real Name
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by 775Toy View Post
    I'll try to school my snap on guy next week lol.
    Which guy you got?
    not sure if ill be there. just bought 100 dollars of captain morgan. So ill probably be passed out in a ditch by then, or being arrested for pissing on a cop car. never can tell. Hope i wake up ontop of the fallon courthouse this time. thatd be cool.
    "The dog don't like you planting stuff there. It's his backyard. If you're the only one who craps in something, you own it. Remember that."
    -I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?
    I piss excellence.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    jake
    Deano ( Dean maga ) since I was like 18 so for the last 10 years. Hes a great tool guy.

I piss excellence.
    Real Name
    Steve
    Deano ( Dean maga ) since I was like 18 so for the last 10 years. Hes a great tool guy.
    He's a good dude. I don't think he's allowed to see in my neighborhood or something though.
    I piss excellence.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    jake
    Haha ya they got certain routes and shops they can go to so they don't step on other tool dudes turf. I wish I could say the same about my Mac guy.

I piss excellence.
    Real Name
    Steve
    Haha ya they got certain routes and shops they can go to so they don't step on other tool dudes turf. I wish I could say the same about my Mac guy.
    We haven't even had a Mac or Cornwell guy in months
    I piss excellence.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    jake
    Well From what I know there's only one Mac guy left in Reno. When he decided to only stop by once a month we stopped spending as much money with him cause we could never get tools replaced when broke. So we spent more money else where and he didn't like that so we havnt seen him in almost 2 years. Each of the mechanics at our shop have a box of wore out Mac tools that we cant get replaced without mailing them in I guess? We have all called him to ask if he was ever gonna come by again and he said he would swing by ? Still nothing.

I piss excellence.
    Real Name
    Steve
    That sucks. One of my guys has a bunch of Mac stuff too. I stuck with the snap-on stuff mostly in the stuff I need or use every day cause one old mechanic told me you'll always find a snap-on guy any where you go
    I piss excellence.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    jake
    It used to be 50/50 between Mac and snapon. For the last 3 or 4 years it has gone like 80% snap on and 20% Matco.

I piss excellence.
    Real Name
    Steve
    our matco guy has been great about showing up every week. Still skeptical about getting stuff from them though
    I piss excellence.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Todd
    Quote Originally Posted by CashMoney View Post
    We haven't even had a Mac or Cornwell guy in months

Was your Cornwell guy Tony?
    This space for rent. Inquire within.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    jake
    Same here , Matco the last 4 years or so has been great to us. We had gary Moore and he was a over the top good tool guy. Since his retirement we got his replacement andrew . Who seems to have a good work ethic and shows signs of a good tool guy.

I piss excellence.
    Real Name
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by litlmeck View Post
    Was your Cornwell guy Tony?
    Yep. Was kinda bummed to see him get out of it.

We got Llyod Carr for the Matco guy, he's got a great attitude.
    I piss excellence.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Todd
    Quote Originally Posted by CashMoney View Post
    Yep. Was kinda bummed to see him get out of it.

He is my neighbor
    This space for rent. Inquire within.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    jake
    I showed this to the guys at work today , and one of my co workers has a 1963 double box end wrench. Pretty cool.

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Jed
    Can't find any on my wrenches? Where is the date code stamped?

Wheeler
    Real Name
    jake
    On the back side of the wrench usually right in the middle. On the sockets there usually before or after where it says USA sideways.

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Jeff
    Just wanted to say thanks for posting this, Mark.

My great-grandfather passed away a couple months back and I inherited some of his old tools. By looking at this chart, turns out I have one of his Snap-On ratchets from 1952. That would've been purchased about the time he became a master mechanic at Pontiac.

It's nice to know I have a tool from a great man that made a living with his hands. If this ratchet could talk...
    74 Plymouth Trailduster

It's getting closer....

KF7GJL

I support Reno4x4!
    ur welcome. we all share cool stuff. i printed the chart and keep it in a drawer in the tool chest. Some tools you really have to hunt for the mark, but its there. that old ratchet is something to cherish.
    Never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end—which you can never afford to lose—with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be. Admiral James Stockdale: American hero.

Albert Einstein

<a href=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/rareCJ8.jpg target=_blank>http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...J8/rareCJ8.jpg</a>
    www.hillsangels4x4.com
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Kenny
    Well From what I know there's only one Mac guy left in Reno. When he decided to only stop by once a month we stopped spending as much money with him cause we could never get tools replaced when broke. So we spent more money else where and he didn't like that so we havnt seen him in almost 2 years. Each of the mechanics at our shop have a box of wore out Mac tools that we cant get replaced without mailing them in I guess? We have all called him to ask if he was ever gonna come by again and he said he would swing by ? Still nothing.
    ya, my piles of broken mac hammers and deadblows is piling up at my front counter at work too, just waiting for the day a mac guy comes in.............I always love when we have a warranty hammer and they ask "what were you doing with it"...........um, it's a hammer, we were beating the crap out of something most likely

Wheeler
    Real Name
    jake
    Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    ya, my piles of broken mac hammers and deadblows is piling up at my front counter at work too, just waiting for the day a mac guy comes in.............I always love when we have a warranty hammer and they ask "what were you doing with it"...........um, it's a hammer, we were beating the crap out of something most likely
    Good luck on seeing the lone Mac guy anytime soon, and if you do you better hope he has your warrantied items in stock on truck cause if he claims he has order it , you'll never see him again. When he is at his computer telling you he is ordering it , he is really making a note to himself not to stop buy your shop again lol.

I support Reno4x4!
    Snap On > Mac

I've scored tired, old SO tools at garage sales and each time i flag down a SO truck, i hand the broken ratchet over for a brand new off the shelf item. That works for me.

Albert Einstein

www.hillsangels4x4.com
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691