Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Share |

Thread: Possible Peavine Closures--Here We Go Again

I support Reno4x4!

Possible Peavine Closures--Here We Go Again

The USFS has identified some alleged rare plants (not again!) west and north of Hoge Rd. in the Raleigh Heights area, and somewhere along Pole Line Rd that may affect routes 21549 and 21552 between Virginia Street and 41662.

They want to set up a meeting soon to go look at the places in question. Anyone here know about threatened plants? We need a biologist or plant expert.
    Sara Kulpa from US Fish & Wildlife Service is expected to attend.

The FS botanist says they are required by federal law to protect the plant(s) and to eradicate noxious weeds like medusa head. FS lady mentioned that the Carson Ranger District needs to proceed and preclude USFWS from listing plants as endangered and becoming more involved.

This is serious sh!t folks. Who can join here to help work with or against these issues? They want to meet on the 26th but i'm out that day. Remember, if its not water quality, 'rare or endangered' plants trump OHV access.

mb
    Never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end—which you can never afford to lose—with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be. Admiral James Stockdale: American hero.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

<a href=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/rareCJ8.jpg target=_blank>http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...J8/rareCJ8.jpg</a>
    www.hillsangels4x4.com
    Life Member Blue Ribbon Coalition
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Bill
    QUICK !!! Go dig up the plants and move them to another area before the Rangers go back.
    KF7QZO

Not a lot...just a bit-'o-sin

Organizing Sunday runs since March of 2011

Having a dirty mind makes ordinary conversations much more interesting

3. The Following 2 Users Like Bitosin's Post:

thedevl (July 10th, 2012), xdusterx691 (July 10th, 2012)

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    PIT
    WTH ........are we talking about steamboat buckwheat?

are you kiddin me ? some kind of nigerwort or buckwheat going to threaten and cause some potential closures on peavine ?

BULLCRAP it's the FAWKING DESERT.....and yet you can't throw a Fawken stick in the air with out it coming down on some senseless plant or microbe or fungi or some other stupid shat........

Eriogonum ovalifolium var. williamsiae

Steamboat buckwheat

Nitrophila mohavensis

Amargosa niterwort
    Last edited by troutman; July 10th, 2012 at 05:09 PM.
    Just because you could post...doesn't mean you should.......

http://www.carsoncrawlers.com/cc/mem...ter&referrer=4

I support Reno4x4!
    Quote Originally Posted by troutman View Post
    WTH ........are we talking about steamboat buckwheat?

are you kiddin me ? some kind of nigerwort or buckwheat going to threaten and cause some potential closures on peavine ?

BULLCRAP it's the FAWKING DESERT.....and yet you can't throw a Fawken stick in the air with out it coming down on some senseless plant or microbe or fungi or some other stupid shat........

Eriogonum ovalifolium var. williamsiae

Steamboat buckwheat

Nitrophila mohavensis

Amargosa niterwort
    yes they can and will unless we fight it. we need a plant expert ASAP
    Never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end—which you can never afford to lose—with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be. Admiral James Stockdale: American hero.

Albert Einstein

<a href=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/rareCJ8.jpg target=_blank>http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...J8/rareCJ8.jpg</a>
    www.hillsangels4x4.com
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Damien
    I second the dig.
    Hard work good, Hard work fine, But first take care of head! Knowledge is everything!

Wheeler
    burn it

burn it all

Reno California...
    Real Name
    Max
    yeah kinda huh ^

King Of The Tin Foil Hats!
    Real Name
    Chris
    I'll keep my comments to my because the language filter will only show ************************************************** ********.
    2003 WJ GC Limited 2" BB lift and 33" Dyna Pros on 17" JK wheels., more to come in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by PETNRDX View Post
    "There is no problem that can't be solved by the proper application of high explosives".
    Quote Originally Posted by kairo View Post
    What I learned was that there's still no device that's been invented to keep you from drinking and posting stupid stuff on the internet.

Ignorance is not bliss, it's, well, ignorance. Don't be ignorant.
    -Me

Sigmund Freud: "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." ("General Introduction to Psychoanalysis," S. Freud)

Speak Freely!

μολὼν λαβέ

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Richard
    Like i always say. it doesnt matter how good we are when we are out there, it doesnt matter if we stay on the trails, it doesnt matter if you never, ever, ever, run over a sagebrush. the enviromentalist wackos and the left will continue to take our trails away. they are relentless, they will never stop. The only way to hold them at bay which is all we can do, is to be proactive, especially in regards to politics. i know some of you hate politics, but we are americans, its in our blood and it is your right. exercise it.

11. The Following 3 Users Like Waylander's Post:

CashMoney (July 11th, 2012), Gizmatical Fuquad (July 10th, 2012), maxamillion2345 (July 10th, 2012)

Mall Crawler from Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Durtywrench
    Some days I wish my mom would have swallowed too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan(Deluxx) View Post
    I'm not sure what the tranny ratios are, but i can leave it in first-low-low and go take a $hit and come outside and it will still be on my driveway crawling.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Most Interesting Man in the World
    Chuck Norris invented black. In fact, he invented the entire spectrum of visible light, except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.

King Of The Tin Foil Hats!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockindoc View Post
    No it doesn't, but us being proactive about it should.
    2003 WJ GC Limited 2" BB lift and 33" Dyna Pros on 17" JK wheels., more to come in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by PETNRDX View Post
    "There is no problem that can't be solved by the proper application of high explosives".
    Quote Originally Posted by kairo View Post
    What I learned was that there's still no device that's been invented to keep you from drinking and posting stupid stuff on the internet.

Ignorance is not bliss, it's, well, ignorance. Don't be ignorant.
    -Me

Sigmund Freud: "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." ("General Introduction to Psychoanalysis," S. Freud)

Speak Freely!

μολὼν λαβέ

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Will
    I may know someone who can help us.

Don't let me forget about this. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with work and forget to do simple ****, like eat and sleep...
    How did we ever survive before most politicians were attorneys?

The backbone of the progressive power structure is the broken family, for only a child raised without benefit of a home life would be so susceptible to being lead against the laws of nature.

Some people are as useful as a football bat.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Dave
    Sometimes people like the Sierra club tell the government to protect the plant life or they will sue them. I just read that in one of my off road mags. I will look for it and quote what I read.

Insta-gator
    Real Name
    Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by RARECJ8 View Post
    The USFS has identified some alleged rare plants (not again!) west and north of Hoge Rd. in the Raleigh Heights area, and somewhere along Pole Line Rd that may affect routes 21549 and 21552 between Virginia Street and 41662.

They want to set up a meeting soon to go look at the places in question. Anyone here know about threatened plants? We need a biologist or plant expert.

The FS botanist says they are required by federal law to protect the plant(s) and to eradicate noxious weeds like medusa head. FS lady mentioned that the Carson Ranger District needs to proceed and preclude USFWS from listing plants as endangered and becoming more involved.

This is serious sh!t folks. Who can join here to help work with or against these issues? They want to meet on the 26th but i'm out that day. Remember, if its not water quality, 'rare or endangered' plants trump OHV access.

mb
    I will see what my wife can find out about this. She works with these people.
    Policing for profit is a violation of every principle of justice.

A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circlue of our felicities.-Thomas Jefferson

The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton

“The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions. In this way, the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed.” Adolf Hitler

Insta-gator
    Real Name
    Joe
    I am told that the botanist they employ is of questionable skills and agenda. We will attend the meeting( I will try to remember) and get the needed info to have a highly recognized botanist that my wife works with verify the ID.
    Policing for profit is a violation of every principle of justice.

A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circlue of our felicities.-Thomas Jefferson

The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton

“The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions. In this way, the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed.” Adolf Hitler

18. The Following User Likes IHKrawler's Post:

CashMoney (July 11th, 2012)

I support Reno4x4!
    PM sent

Albert Einstein

www.hillsangels4x4.com
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Wheeler
    Real Name
    zach
    Quote Originally Posted by RARECJ8 View Post

mb
    would like to go to the meeting however I need some more info on times because of class and work

keep this thread updated!!!

cjc143c
    wonder if these rare plants have anything to do with some fuk face shooting deer?maybe they do need to just close it off!

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    PIT
    Yeah, what a bunch of crap with that deer slaying, especially since that Deer was going to eat those rare plants......lol
    Just because you could post...doesn't mean you should.......

http://www.carsoncrawlers.com/cc/mem...ter&referrer=4

23. The Following User Likes troutman's Post:

I piss excellence.
    Real Name
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by cjc143c View Post
    wonder if these rare plants have anything to do with some fuk face shooting deer?maybe they do need to just close it off!
    You make a point, its asshats like that get it closed off for us who are responsible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge_Fan_86 View Post
    not sure if ill be there. just bought 100 dollars of captain morgan. So ill probably be passed out in a ditch by then, or being arrested for pissing on a cop car. never can tell. Hope i wake up ontop of the fallon courthouse this time. thatd be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89jeepcpl View Post
    A happy ending in a strip club, is leaving with some cash still in your pocket
    "The dog don't like you planting stuff there. It's his backyard. If you're the only one who craps in something, you own it. Remember that."
    -I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Casci
    I piss excellence.

I support Reno4x4!
    Parts of Sand Mountain got closed because ATVs were supposedly running over Kearney Buckwheat, primary food for the blue butterfly. Dune biggies kill buckwheat then butterflies starve and die. I argued at the hearings why not just plant a lot of buckwheat, in a fenced area and the butterflies will be fine w/ their own undisturbed buffet. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..... We can't upset the balance of nature. Seems the so-called endangered plants on Peavine have survived so far pretty good. So why not give the clubs a few sacks of plant seed and as we drive the trails we can seed and re populate the species. Helping Mother Nature with a boost. I bet the answer will be the same.

The enviros must find problems to justify the salary. Go hunt for a rare plant and get all sorts of $$$ to protect it, limit public use and monitor the results for years. What once seemed to be a remote possibility is for many a reality, witness Eldorado County closing 42+ 4x4 trails due to alleged water quality issues. When will we see them reopened? Multi-million dollar bridges at Ellis Creek and Buck Island? Yep.

The wave is coming to Nevada, are you ready?

Albert Einstein

www.hillsangels4x4.com
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

26. The Following 2 Users Like RARECJ8's Post:

CashMoney (July 12th, 2012)

cjc143c
    I've seen job sights get shut down over a bone and a whole town damn near get shut down over a endangered toad.dont ask!if you want to know do your research.hint NV.

28. The Following User Likes cjc143c's Post:

CashMoney (July 12th, 2012)

I piss excellence.
    Real Name
    Steve
    You know what bothers me most about the no replant thing is why not let people do it after all the fires! Trees too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge_Fan_86 View Post
    not sure if ill be there. just bought 100 dollars of captain morgan. So ill probably be passed out in a ditch by then, or being arrested for pissing on a cop car. never can tell. Hope i wake up ontop of the fallon courthouse this time. thatd be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89jeepcpl View Post
    A happy ending in a strip club, is leaving with some cash still in your pocket
    "The dog don't like you planting stuff there. It's his backyard. If you're the only one who craps in something, you own it. Remember that."
    -I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Casci
    I piss excellence.

I support Reno4x4!
    well, here is the plant.

http://www.fws.gov/nevada/nv_species/webber_ivesia.html

about 5 acres of the plant growing near a main road on peavine, and the USFWS is hot bent on road closures. The lady even made some highly rude comments about 4x4 community, so there is a bias. The public comment period is not yet here but when it is we will let you know. Some options are: erect a boulder or fence barrier so 4x4s cannot drive off trail into the protected plants, close road and blade a go around, close road and a now closed road on peavine re opened, plant a bunch of the threatened plants to help them thrive or just do nothing (best). Remember, they have to justify their jobs, so they go looking for problems...

thats it for now. IH Krawler was there and maybe he can chime in with more details..

Albert Einstein

www.hillsangels4x4.com
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Reno California...
    Real Name
    Max
    Need to kick the feds out of Nevada.

32. The Following User Likes maxamillion2345's Post:

Reno Computer Repair (July 31st, 2012)