Share |

Thread: Black Rock Over Memoroal Day W/E 2013

I support Reno4x4!

Black Rock Over Memoroal Day W/E 2013

Camped high in the Granite Mountain range.

wild flowers were in abundance

where's the trail? very wet and green this year

all set up-- bar is open!

efstop32 playing on 40 meters

little high rock hilton

just north of the hilton,in tank fuel pump in jeep died. uh oh... did not have sufficient fittings, etc to get running and suffered a 3 hour tow to a nearby ranch

left camp and crashed at a friends ranch. were able to hack fab a temp fix to drive home. thanks efstop, squirrel cage, PBR and others.

more coming soon...
    Last edited by RARECJ8; June 2nd, 2013 at 12:24 PM.
    Never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end—which you can never afford to lose—with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be. Admiral James Stockdale: American hero.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

<a href=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/rareCJ8.jpg target=_blank>http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...J8/rareCJ8.jpg</a>
    www.hillsangels4x4.com
    Life Member Blue Ribbon Coalition
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691
    BOD Friends Of Black Rock/High Rock www.blackrockdesert.org

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

2. The Following 5 Users Like RARECJ8's Post:

Bitosin (June 2nd, 2013), Denis (June 2nd, 2013), Desertdog77 (June 4th, 2013), jfrey123 (June 3rd, 2013), Reno Computer Repair (June 3rd, 2013)

I support Reno4x4!
    tall flowers getting trimmed by steering stabilizer

some ass hats trashed the smoke creek hot springs

the ranch that saved us has a num ber of these conex containers converted, insulated, etc into nifty bunk houses

pull into ranch and WTF??!! They have PBR on tap. Heaven!!!

jeep all repaired and fuel pressure monitor running from fuel rail taped to drivers mirror

got home and pulled the tank-- yep, dead pump.

yuck!

the indignity of another rig hauling your trailer

Never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end—which you can never afford to lose—with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be. Admiral James Stockdale: American hero.

Albert Einstein

<a href=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/rareCJ8.jpg target=_blank>http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...J8/rareCJ8.jpg</a>
    www.hillsangels4x4.com
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

I support Reno4x4!
    we also ran upon a black rock city ghost town-- lots of derelict art cars

this guy was working on one of them

Albert Einstein

www.hillsangels4x4.com
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

I support Reno4x4!
    its amazing how many come to black rock city with a bike and just abandon it when they leave. These are a small collection of discarded bikes that are to be donated to needy kids. Holy crap, thats a lot of disposable bikes

that's all kiddies. Maybe others on the run will post up pix-- i know you have them!

Albert Einstein

www.hillsangels4x4.com
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

6. The Following 4 Users Like RARECJ8's Post:

Denis (June 2nd, 2013), jfrey123 (June 3rd, 2013), Reno Computer Repair (June 3rd, 2013), Squirrel Cage (June 2nd, 2013)

Vendor
    Real Name
    Eric
    Cool pics
    Relentless off-road Fabrication | Sparks NV | 775-200-0544
    Fabricator of high quality off-road armor, 4x4 accessories, and more!
    We do Steel and aluminum welding, CNC cutting, tube bending, etc. Specializing in Toyota's, but work on any rig
    Check us out in my vendor forum, or on our website here,on Facebook here follow us on Instagram @relentlessfabricaion and also on our youtube

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Sam
    Will try and get some pics up once they are loaded on the computer.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Jeremy
    Nice pics.

Quote Originally Posted by RARECJ8 View Post
    some ass hats trashed the smoke creek hot springs
    Really? WTF is wrong with people.

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Bill
    It is amazing how many bicycles are there. Does this guy go collect them from places or is this a designated "dumping ground" for art cars and bicycles??

Nice pics by the way...You have some of the neatest vacations !!!
    KF7QZO

Not a lot...just a bit-'o-sin

Organizing Sunday runs since March of 2011

Having a dirty mind makes ordinary conversations much more interesting

Gone Squatchin
    Real Name
    Yeti
    I see the big blue Boat out there at burning man every year. And I bet my bike is in there somewhere. It got taken from me where I had set it at center camp and never saw it again. And trying to find your bike in a city of 55,000+ people is tough.
    Sasquatch doesn't believe in you either.

I'll tell you who it was, it was that damned Sasquatch.

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    John
    Holy crap that looks like an awesome area... I'm sure the pics don't do it justice. Really need to get myself further North and explore some of this myself!
    WTB: Lightweight camper shell for pickup measuring 76" x 60". Open to most types/colors, prefer glass to be intact but not a deal breaker. PM me!

Only wheeled Kia Sorento in Nevada on 31's.

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Allen
    I'm in for next year for sure. Bummer on the hole fuel pump thing did you have a extra pump or did you get that at the ranch??

I support Reno4x4!
    i had the piump but no spare fuel lines or fittings or clamps. we hacked it together to drive home. McGyver lives! And Bill, the 1/4 acre of abandoned bikes are found on the playa and with an agreement with BM, LLC gather the bikes to be fixed up and donated to needy causes. Many are near brand new--seems in this disposable lifestyle (oddly contrary to radical self reliance on the playa) participants buy a bike for a one-way run, intending to just abandon it when event is over. The BLM requires the playa be restored to near pristine conditions after BRC, (even earth conscious hippies litter...) the bikes and art cars end up at his ranch.

Albert Einstein

www.hillsangels4x4.com
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

15. The Following User Likes RARECJ8's Post:

maxamillion2345 (June 3rd, 2013)

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Allen
    WOW Do as I say not as I do I'm glad yo had a pump, the clamps would be much easyer to find than the pump. So how does this guy get the bikes frm the ranch to needy kids?? That is a long bike ride back to Reno.

I support Reno4x4!
    am not directly sure, but he is in with the kiwanas and the reno bike project. we need to take a run out there again soon and use the ranch as a base camp for day runs into the back country.

Albert Einstein

www.hillsangels4x4.com
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

18. The Following 3 Users Like RARECJ8's Post:

maxamillion2345 (June 3rd, 2013), Squirrel Cage (June 3rd, 2013), the-old-one (June 4th, 2013)

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Gus
    I would have loved to come along but sadly my Jeep is down for some repairs. It seems that somehow I ripped the driver front and passenger rear upper control arm mounts away from where they are suppose to be on last HLT run. Rewelding is not an option, Samco fabbing up some new re-inforced brackets.

20. The Following User Likes 007's Post:

Reno Computer Repair (June 3rd, 2013)

renocomputerrepair.com
    Real Name
    Kevin
    Mark, king of the clampers.
    Mr. IPOD
    Ask Big Blue how I saved him $2,600.00 on data recovery!
    Home & office computer repair/ Reno laptop repair/Networking/WIFI/Reno Server repair/Hard Drive Data Recovery/ IP & CCTV Camera Surveillance Systems DVR & NVR
    Call 722-6969 After hours support available

www.sonicwall.com/us
    www.cisco.com

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Sam
    Here is a couple off the phone
    Our camp site
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370374348.059815.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  401.2 KB
    The meadow
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370374389.208643.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  340.9 KB
    Top o the mountain
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370374448.173322.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  257.5 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370374525.402516.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  200.3 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370374564.770308.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  211.6 KB
    Inside the bunker we stayed in
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370374598.410047.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  145.8 KB

23. The Following User Likes Squirrel Cage's Post:

maxamillion2345 (June 4th, 2013)

I support Reno4x4!
    cool pix sam. for now, we'll keep the exact location of these places on a 'need to know' basis...

Albert Einstein

www.hillsangels4x4.com
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

25. The Following 2 Users Like RARECJ8's Post:

maxamillion2345 (June 4th, 2013), ScoobyMike (June 4th, 2013)

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Keith
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    I would have loved to come along but sadly my Jeep is down for some repairs. It seems that somehow I ripped the driver front and passenger rear upper control arm mounts away from where they are suppose to be on last HLT run. Rewelding is not an option, Samco fabbing up some new re-inforced brackets.
    HAHA deserves you right bitch! THAT IS AWESOME COULDNT HAPPEN TO SOMEBODY BETTER.... Next time you wont be talking so much shit when my rig breaks down on a trail run that you are on

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Allen
    I'm in for a run out there just give me a few weeks notice and or we can plan a time and go out there and do some exploring.
    Quote Originally Posted by RARECJ8 View Post
    am not directly sure, but he is in with the kiwanas and the reno bike project. we need to take a run out there again soon and use the ranch as a base camp for day runs into the back country.