Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

REWARD: Stolen 1965 Cadillac 2-door coupe

Whats up all? I know this is a 4-wheel drive site but my buddies Caddy was stolen and i figure this is worth a try. The car is a 1965 Cadillac DeVille 2 door coupe. It is black and red with green interior and sits on 20s with missing center caps. He is offering a large reward for the return of or information leading to the return of his car. We would rather not involve the cops. Thank you very much for any help you can give. Please call 775-247-4843, 775-354-8860, or 775-219-5338 with any info. Thank you.

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not the cops???

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He thinks he has a better chance finding it himself. Short of someone being pulled over in it, the cops aren't going to look for it. Its a pretty recognizable car. I seriously doubt it is being driven. Were just trying to get the word out. Someone has to know something. People talk.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any pics?

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unfortunately no pics. The car is a black 2-door with red rockers and green interior. 20s with missing center caps. Windows are NOT tinted and there are a couple pieces of chrome trim missing.

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bet it looks nice with 20's!!

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool man, i'll keep my eyes peeled for it.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, its a pretty sick car. Thanks Glo

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    will
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    damn theifs are x-mas shopping right now
    what area was the vehicle stolen from
    ill keep my eyes out too
    i had the same problem monday night man
    sorry to hear that

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The car was sitting on 9th street between Ralston and Washington up by the Pub and Sub. Billy, sorry to hear about your truck. F*uck'n theives!!! I read your whole thread. I would go with a pre-1980 solid axle truck. I had a 79 Bronco before my current 93 and the solid axle performed much better and was stronger than the TTB. I'm stock piling parts to do a SAS right now. Can't wait!
    Last edited by 93FSB; November 28th, 2007 at 12:17 PM.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Geoff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your friend is DUMBASS for not calling the cops. The vehicle gets put into the NCIC database meaning National Crime Information Center, an ATL gets sent to all local agencies and its a briefing item. With a vehicle like what you described it will stand out and someone will see it even if they are not hunting for it. Tell your friend to call the cops.

Something doesn't sound right with this situation. Even people that hate the cops will call us when they need us. If nothing else but to ***** at us about what a crappy job we are doing by not catching the bad guy that did whatever they called us for.

I'm guessing he has no insurance on the vehicle because without a police report the insurance company is going to laugh at him for trying to make a claim.

So aside from that check craigslist and ebay for the wheels and tires and anything else they may try to sell from it. If you find anything that case number he didn't get will help the police in getting the stuff back.

Imagine you go to the cops and say Hey I just found my wheels for sale on craigslist, here is the pic of them and here is the info of the guy selling them. They will say ok, where is the case number for the stolen car so they can research it. He'll tell them I never reported my car stolen. (Say that out loud to yourself....I NEVER REPORTED MY CAR STOLEN) yeah it sounds that dumb. Report it!

Rant off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1998 XJuggy

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rok-jeep View Post
    Your friend is DUMBASS for not calling the cops. The vehicle gets put into the NCIC database meaning National Crime Information Center, an ATL gets sent to all local agencies and its a briefing item. With a vehicle like what you described it will stand out and someone will see it even if they are not hunting for it. Tell your friend to call the cops.

Something doesn't sound right with this situation. Even people that hate the cops will call us when they need us. If nothing else but to ***** at us about what a crappy job we are doing by not catching the bad guy that did whatever they called us for.

I'm guessing he has no insurance on the vehicle because without a police report the insurance company is going to laugh at him for trying to make a claim.

So aside from that check craigslist and ebay for the wheels and tires and anything else they may try to sell from it. If you find anything that case number he didn't get will help the police in getting the stuff back.

Imagine you go to the cops and say Hey I just found my wheels for sale on craigslist, here is the pic of them and here is the info of the guy selling them. They will say ok, where is the case number for the stolen car so they can research it. He'll tell them I never reported my car stolen. (Say that out loud to yourself....I NEVER REPORTED MY CAR STOLEN) yeah it sounds that dumb. Report it!

Rant off.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this is funny to you???

The Mechanical Menace
    Real Name
    Dallas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rant off.
    Not only that but say your friend see's a guy with the rims for sale and he trys to take back the rims that are his, the guy that stole them can call the cops and your friend would go to jail instead of the theif. Just report it.

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage 93 View Post
    I'm not saying its funny I had a roll-away tool box stolen from me this summer.

But if he wants it back I would make a report or its his word against the person that has the goods look at OJ in Vegas..

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rant off.

X3

I had my truck broken into back in august. they got my system and a credit card that I use for emergencies ( yes, I know it shouldn't have been in there) I called the police because the CC company needed a case# to complete the "not my fault" paperwork for the charges that starter 10 min. after they broke into the damn truck. I tried to give the cops the charge info so they could follow up and maybe find some clues to find the dirtbag, not interested. Oh, well, did my part. Fast forward a few months and guess who they arrest carrying a concealed gun ( he's a felon), narcotics, and ( TA-DA!) credit cards that weren't his ( one of which was mine). The very same dirtbag! So report it. even if they don't appear to do much immediatley, there is always that luck of the draw that they WILL find something and you will be happy to have that case# when it happens. Unless something is shady with this whole deal ( which I think it is) there is no reason not to inform the police.
    Lowering the bar for EVERYONE since 1974

The Mechanical Menace
    Real Name
    Dallas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No its just that your friend is an idiot for not reporting it. The guy could driving it as we speak and get pulled over 30 times and nothing would happen to him. If it was reported the first time the car gets pulled over it comes up as a stolen car. Problem solved.
    Last edited by Toyota_James; November 28th, 2007 at 04:36 PM.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    CHRIS
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rant off.

ya damn cops and there damn donuts and being lazy, im just kidding you guys did really good with the drunk that hit our truck thanks again, thread jack off
    OUTCAST CRAWLERS
    #989 Lunch Money Racing

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Mike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyota_James View Post
    No its just tat your friend is an idiot for not reporting it. The guy could driving it as we speak and get pulled over 30 times and nothing would happen to him. If it was reported the frist time the car gets pulled over it comes up as a stolen car. Problem solved.
    X5 for common sense.

Sucks to hear that though, seems like Reno is moving up in the world

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    L.D.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, SORRY ROK, but when our 4runner was stolen the COPS had no interest in even looking for it. they didn't find it, the apartment complex it was dumped in had it towed away. all the COPS wanted to do was argue about the vin#. after we got it back and i rebuilt it again, the sterio got stolen in our front yard. again the wonderful POLEECE had no interest in even making a report, i meen they might havta do sumthing. **** , the COPS wouldn't / couldn't find it unless it was in there way at the donut shop. god i love to see my tax dollars at work. :maddance::maddance::maddance:
    I'M NOT A DAMN HIPPY, I'M A WELL GROOMED MOUNTAIN MAN
    YOUR JUST JEALOUS BECOUSE THE VOICES SPEAK TO ME

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Geoff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by L.D. View Post
    OK, SORRY ROK, but when our 4runner was stolen the COPS had no interest in even looking for it. they didn't find it, the apartment complex it was dumped in had it towed away. all the COPS wanted to do was argue about the vin#. after we got it back and i rebuilt it again, the sterio got stolen in our front yard. again the wonderful POLEECE had no interest in even making a report, i meen they might havta do sumthing. **** , the COPS wouldn't / couldn't find it unless it was in there way at the donut shop. god i love to see my tax dollars at work. :maddance::maddance::maddance:
    That's cause it was a toyota.....I wouldn't look for a toyota either

If you are in Reno they have to send an officer to priority calls. (a stolen radio is a less priority call sorry to say) The "less" priority calls you will have to make an office report of go on line and file the report yourself. I had a car stereo stolen in Chico years ago. Two years after I got a call from Chico PD that they found it in a car with 4 other radio's they ran the serial number I provided and it came back to me in my burglary report. It works sometimes.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rant off.
    We recovered my dumbass friends car yesterday. A lady saw his ad in the RGJ and had the car in her back yard. Her upstairs neighbors boyfriend apparently uses that property to store and chop is stolen cars. The 20s were gone (we have a lead on those as well) so we put the stocks back on and DROVE it away. The only damage was the ignition and the trunk latch had been broken. Tell me, how would the cops have found that car??? This Tweekers nickname is Danger and apparently he gets around Reno. One other thing...the lady that called received a $400 reward for the info and the car. Would the cops have done that? Probably not!!! Say this out loud to yourself...I NEVER REPORTED MY CAR STOLEN...AND DROVE IT HOME IN 1 WEEK!!! Not trying to be an a**hole, just making a point.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Geoff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We recovered my dumbass friends car yesterday. A lady saw his ad in the RGJ and had the car in her back yard. Her upstairs neighbors boyfriend apparently uses that property to store and chop is stolen cars. The 20s were gone (we have a lead on those as well) so we put the stocks back on and DROVE it away. The only damage was the ignition and the trunk latch had been broken. Tell me, how would the cops have found that car??? This Tweekers nickname is Danger and apparently he gets around Reno. One other thing...the lady that called received a $400 reward for the info and the car. Would the cops have done that? Probably not!!! Say this out loud to yourself...I NEVER REPORTED MY CAR STOLEN...AND DROVE IT HOME IN 1 WEEK!!! Not trying to be an a**hole, just making a point.
    Oh well, his reasoning for not reporting it still makes him a dumbass....oh well at least he got it back. Its all about luck and he got lucky, good for him.

So how did the repo go? I can't imagine this chop shop guy just handed it back over when your friend asked for it.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh well, his reasoning for not reporting it still makes him a dumbass....oh well at least he got it back. Its all about luck and he got lucky, good for him.

So how did the repo go? I can't imagine this chop shop guy just handed it back over when your friend asked for it.
    Tweeker P*ssy was'nt there. Would've been OK if he was though.