User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Racist comments

Web Wheeler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow trainwreck...you've a lot to learn about electronic information exchange and people in general. The post was an attempt to provide information without cluttering the subject, but that response went a little overboard. Since I don't know your history, I left the wording open ended (some people wish to continue learning, whereas some do not).

Quote Originally Posted by trainwreck View Post
    I would hope you are still learning too. Clearly you have taken what I said too literally. I've dabbled in social sciences for 3 years now. You think I'm oblivious to the inequalities of our nation and the world. This is not true.
    In which portion of the post was it incorrectly assumed that you were labeled "oblivious?"

The main idea of what I wrote was that there is no place for these people in a nation working so hard for equality, they are holding everyone back. Purely my opinion. I understand that generally social progress is slow for change. Although 50 years ago a black president was an unrealistic goal, now we are here. I do not welcome your attempts at belittling my intelligence. Your notion that I am unaware of such prevalent social problems is quite aggravating, however I will not digress into further arguements with you.
    Again, where does it "belittle?"

On the other hand im always open to learn more so feel free to send me some information. Research sources are always an asset to me when writing my papers!
    I was serious about sending you some information to learn about inequality that exists in the USA (some of which are listed below).

Where in the Constitution does it state "...that there is no place for these people in a nation working so hard for equality..." because of their beliefs? What is great about our society is that people are free to believe whatever they choose, whether or not it is socially acceptable.

I've seen so many racist remarks its rediculous. Not a big suprise, it just confirmed my theory that a large amount of people on this forum are racist. I dont see the reasoning behind editing and deleting these racist comments!
    Is it member names that aroused the conclusion that "a large amount of people on this forum are racist?" Or was it the avatars? To assume that a large amount of forum members are racist based upon electronic postings is truly astounding.

Have you met the people that posted? Do you know their personal histories? How do you know that what they post is what they actually believe?

Everyone in the WORLD should see what a bunch of morons still exist in our EQUAL country[/I]
    From this statement, people could insinuate that if they don't believe in your version of equality, that they're morons. Do you know the truly "equal" society? Communism (and I'm not talking about russian/chinese communism).

This country is not equal and here are some examples:

* affirmative action
    * MBE (w/ respect to bidding)
    * WBE (w/ respect to bidding)
    * Black Causus / Hispanis Caucus (US Congress)

[PS - please send me a PM if necessary]

Web Wheeler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So my question is why is it bad for white Americans to be racist, but it's ok for African Americans to be?

Four white guys attack a black guy, and it's a hate crime. Four black guys attack a white guy, the white guy was obviously somewhere he shouldn't have been.

Black activists (Sharpton, Jackson) are openly racist, but Don Imus makes a comment well within FCC guidelines and he is now a racist?

Don't get me wrong, you can prove a point in a forum without racist comments, and that is Denis' right to ask that we refrain, but to post in the same thread that we are living in a equal country is bull****.

Now that a black man has achieved the highest office in the USA, you would think that would suggest racism is going away, and we are getting closer to an equal playing field, but from what I have seen on TV and YouTube, racism is actually getting worse... from both sides.

Just a thought.
    - John
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Michael
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NevadaXJ View Post
    So my question is why is it bad for white Americans to be racist, but it's ok for African Americans to be?

Four white guys attack a black guy, and it's a hate crime. Four black guys attack a white guy, the white guy was obviously somewhere he shouldn't have been.

Black activists (Sharpton, Jackson) are openly racist, but Don Imus makes a comment well within FCC guidelines and he is now a racist?

Don't get me wrong, you can prove a point in a forum without racist comments, and that is Denis' right to ask that we refrain, but to post in the same thread that we are living in a equal country is bull****.

Now that a black man has achieved the highest office in the USA, you would think that would suggest racism is going away, and we are getting closer to an equal playing field, but from what I have seen on TV and YouTube, racism is actually getting worse... from both sides.

Just a thought.

1. A hate crime is a hate crime no matter how you spin it.

2. Calling someone a "nappy headed hoe" is not only totally retarded and unprofessional but it is also a racist comment.

When people have to ask "how is that racist" then they probably will never understand the basics of being a morally sane human being. This thread was started for a good reason and is now getting out of hand like every other political thread on this site has become. At first I admit, the politics was kind of nice but now it makes me not want to log on sometimes.

I like the people I have met from this site and I have wheeled with some great people from here so lets just all understand that quote:

"Even though this is our little corner of the internet, it is still open to the public. And, as much as I hate censorship, it would be unfortunate for someone to browse this website and come away with the perception that we are nothing but a bunch of intolerant yahoos. Please watch what you post. It reflects how we are viewed as a whole.

Starting now, racist comments will not be tolerated. If anyone has a issue with this or need further explanation, feel free to PM any of the moderators.

Lets get back to talking about wheeling, planning runs, doing write-ups, and helping each other out with 4x4. There is one thing that we all have in common and that is our love of the outdoors and 4 wheeling so lets not let this crap get in the way. I like you guy's but I don't care what you think about politics and race and I hope that the feeling is mutual.

Web Wheeler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry, it looked like we were having very intelligent, polite open conversation in this thread. I have not seen anything blatantly racist in this thread.

You stated a "hate crime is a hate crime". When was the last time you saw an African American prosecuted for a hate crime?

I disagree about the Imus comment. "Hoe" is a term used by many urban youths, white and black. "Nappy headed" does not imply any race. It was blown out of proportion because a white DJ said it. If Chapelle said it, it would be funny.

I'm not racist, I really tend to hate everyone equally. I was simply juts stating some thoughts I had in hope of open, mature discussion, and to refute the "equal" part. We will never truly live in an "equal" society until we all learn to allow people to treat us as their equals.
    - John
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Harry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Some of you may recognize the above words. For those who don't, I'll give you a hint. Karl Marx did not write them.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Alex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Some of you may recognize the above words. For those who don't, I'll give you a hint. Karl Marx did not write them.
    Absolutely true words... "created equal...", though not many stay that way through their own volition.
    "So, can ya tell me what exactly does freedom mean, if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be?"

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Harry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRTY&MUDY View Post
    Absolutely true words... "created equal...", though not many stay that way through their own volition.
    I agree that CREATED is just as important as equal.

Wheeler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Q. In which portion of the post was it incorrectly assumed that you were labeled "oblivious?"

A. "It shows that you're 20 (so you're still young and hopefully learning)"

-What exactly does my age have to do with the subject at hand?

Q. Again, where does it "belittle?"

A. "...but please do some research...every society in the world has individuals that buck the evolutionary/ideological trend...
    "...If you want, I can send some items to research to learn more about present-day inequality...."

-You made an assumtion that I have not looked into these issues before. This was a result of your misinterpretation of my initial post. Sometimes electronic communication proves to be a detriment for expression.

Q. I was serious about sending you some information to learn about inequality that exists in the USA (some of which are listed below).

A. I understand that, im not in need of this information at this time. Thank you for the offer.

Q. "Where in the Constitution does it state "...that there is no place for these people in a nation working so hard for equality..." because of their beliefs? What is great about our society is that people are free to believe whatever they choose, whether or not it is socially acceptable."

A. Good point, it doesn't state that, this is the reason why our written rights are left open for interpretation by the judicial branch of the United States. I also would like to point out that "...that there is no place for these people in a nation working so hard for equality..."is simply the exercise of my right to..."believe whatever I choose, whether or not it is socially acceptable..." You are exactly right sir.

Q. Is it member names that aroused the conclusion that "a large amount of people on this forum are racist?" Or was it the avatars? To assume that a large amount of forum members are racist based upon electronic postings is truly astounding.

A. Yes of course it was the member names and avatars...(j/k) The posts have been tampered with, either edited or deleted. I assure you there were disturbing remarks made directed at african americans. A slight number have made their racial bias known lately. I suppose it was wrong to exaggerate the approximate numbers. The truth is most of the deep seated racism is held on reserve in the mind.

Q. Have you met the people that posted? Do you know their personal histories? How do you know that what they post is what they actually believe?

A. I have only met a few people from reno4x4, all around great people. Clearly what people were posting was highly offensive, as 72Virginians made this thread a sticky. I suppose that we could all pretend the racial slurs were just joke, still doesn't justify the mentality. It's a fact that the color of your skin does not make you sub-human or inferior in any way.

Q. From this statement, people could insinuate that if they don't believe in your version of equality, that they're morons. Do you know the truly "equal" society? Communism (and I'm not talking about russian/chinese communism).

A. I have no version of equality. I see past race, sex, age, ethnicity, and religion. This is my view of the world. Im not looking for Utopia, just foreward progression of our country and world.

Q. This country is not equal and here are some examples:

* affirmative action
    * MBE (w/ respect to bidding)
    * WBE (w/ respect to bidding)
    * Black Causus / Hispanis Caucus (US Congress)

A. Good examples, there are so many advantages for those who have fallen behind in society. As I previously mentioned we are now faced with problems of widespread reverse discrimination.

Right on, well this has been an interesting discussion.
    Last edited by trainwreck; November 6th, 2008 at 06:24 PM.

Wheeler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StaleAle View Post
    Lets get back to talking about wheeling, planning runs, doing write-ups, and helping each other out with 4x4. There is one thing that we all have in common and that is our love of the outdoors and 4 wheeling so lets not let this crap get in the way. I like you guy's but I don't care what you think about politics and race and I hope that the feeling is mutual.
    Thank you! I have to admit arguing on the internet is fun, but there is a whole world out there!

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Ron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sticks and stones will break my bones, but WORDS will never hurt me.
    That's all I have to say about that.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Alex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A. I have no version of equality. I see past race, sex, age, ethnicity, and religion. This is my view of the world. Im not looking for Utopia, just foreward progression of our country and world.
    I'm sorry, trainwreck, but I have to call bs on this one. And its not to be a prick towards you, specifically, but to point out to anyone that wants to say this statement how false it is. You've mentioned that you've studied sociological studies for the last 3 years, but havent learned the basic tenets of sociology when it comes to prejudice/discrimination. Everyone is prejudiced against something/someone for one reason or another, not all act out on it intentionally to discriminate. That prejudice lingers within our psyche and influences everything we do in some way, good or bad. A person can choose not to discriminate and resist the urges associated with it, but the influence is still there, however minute.

On a side note, I enjoy discussion on different topics. No matter what they are. Sometimes we're wrong, other times only half right.
    "So, can ya tell me what exactly does freedom mean, if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be?"

Wheeler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry, trainwreck, but I have to call bs on this one. And its not to be a prick towards you, specifically, but to point out to anyone that wants to say this statement how false it is. You've mentioned that you've studied sociological studies for the last 3 years, but havent learned the basic tenets of sociology when it comes to prejudice/discrimination. Everyone is prejudiced against something/someone for one reason or another, not all act out on it intentionally to discriminate. That prejudice lingers within our psyche and influences everything we do in some way, good or bad. A person can choose not to discriminate and resist the urges associated with it, but the influence is still there, however minute.

On a side note, I enjoy discussion on different topics. No matter what they are. Sometimes we're wrong, other times only half right.
    Good call. What I should have said was I try to keep that mindset in my day to day life. Everything you just said is exactly right! :wave: Im far from being any kind of guru in social sciences, as stated i've only "dabbled" through them, not even my major.

cjc143c
    who cares

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to chime in here to say that as a whole this thread is offensive to me.
    I was born in East Los Angeles(which was 99% Latino), I grew up in areas where white people were generally the minority. I went to high school at Inglewood High (right next to Compton) which was 99% Black. I can speak Spanish, I can speak Ghetto in most neighborhoods. I almost married a Black girl before I married my current wife. I have friends of all races and social standing, from poor Ghetto people( several races ) to rich white people ( being a ham exposes one to all sorts of people, that's one of the cool things about it ). I use the N word, the B word, the R word, the J word, and several other with people of all different races and levels of social standing. I made one post of a picture that I thought was funny that had a racial slur in it.
    I am prejudiced against people that I find irritating, and I don't really give a what your origin is. One of the things that irritates me is people that do not come from diverse backgrounds telling me I am wrong or evil or whatever if I make a joke or a comment that contains racial comments or slurs.
    One of the reasons that racism exists is due to close-minded that try and legislate on whatever level what is appropriate to say or do in a given milieu, another is that some of the groups self-promulgate racial prejudice, another is another close-minded group that is basically the small minded morons that have just were not taught any better. There are more.

After all of that I have to ask of the members of this forum that have not met me or otherwise know me, which of the above groups do you think I fall in to?
    1991 Cherokee Sport with RE 5 1/2" lift, soon to be on 35" Toyo ATs.

2003 WJ GC Limited 2" BB lift and 33" Dyna Pros on 17" JK wheels., more to come in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by PETNRDX View Post
    "There is no problem that can't be solved by the proper application of high explosives".
    Quote Originally Posted by kairo View Post
    What I learned was that there's still no device that's been invented to keep you from drinking and posting stupid stuff on the internet.

Ignorance is not bliss, it's, well, ignorance. Don't be ignorant.
    -Me

Sigmund Freud: "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." ("General Introduction to Psychoanalysis," S. Freud)

Speak Freely!

μολὼν λαβέ

MIGHTYRAM97
    I'm sorry, it looked like we were having very intelligent, polite open conversation in this thread. I have not seen anything blatantly racist in this thread.

You stated a "hate crime is a hate crime". When was the last time you saw an African American prosecuted for a hate crime?

I disagree about the Imus comment. "Hoe" is a term used by many urban youths, white and black. "Nappy headed" does not imply any race. It was blown out of proportion because a white DJ said it. If Chapelle said it, it would be funny.

I'm not racist, I really tend to hate everyone equally. I was simply juts stating some thoughts I had in hope of open, mature discussion, and to refute the "equal" part. We will never truly live in an "equal" society until we all learn to allow people to treat us as their equals.
    Very well stated...and that is how I feel...but I guess that makes me Ignorant and racist.. What ever....I know where I stand and who I am, and who I will be judged by when the time comes...

MIGHTYRAM97
    Quote Originally Posted by KE7DZZ View Post
    I have to chime in here to say that as a whole this thread is offensive to me.
    I was born in East Los Angeles(which was 99% Latino), I grew up in areas where white people were generally the minority. I went to high school at Inglewood High (right next to Compton) which was 99% Black. I can speak Spanish, I can speak Ghetto in most neighborhoods. I almost married a Black girl before I married my current wife. I have friends of all races and social standing, from poor Ghetto people( several races ) to rich white people ( being a ham exposes one to all sorts of people, that's one of the cool things about it ). I use the N word, the B word, the R word, the J word, and several other with people of all different races and levels of social standing. I made one post of a picture that I thought was funny that had a racial slur in it.
    I am prejudiced against people that I find irritating, and I don't really give a what your origin is. One of the things that irritates me is people that do not come from diverse backgrounds telling me I am wrong or evil or whatever if I make a joke or a comment that contains racial comments or slurs.
    One of the reasons that racism exists is due to close-minded that try and legislate on whatever level what is appropriate to say or do in a given milieu, another is that some of the groups self-promulgate racial prejudice, another is another close-minded group that is basically the small minded morons that have just were not taught any better. There are more.

After all of that I have to ask of the members of this forum that have not met me or otherwise know me, which of the above groups do you think I fall in to?
    Yet another nail hit dead on the head !!! I agree completely...

MIGHTYRAM97

And another I fully agree with...

MIGHTYRAM97

May these words ring louder than ever......

Web Wheeler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "all men are created equal
    Exactly, but with double standards and special interest groups we are all not treated equally, so racism and prejudice will exist as a fact of life.
    - John

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Harry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly, but with double standards and special interest groups we are all not treated equally, so racism and prejudice will exist as a fact of life.
    Well I guess we should all just throw our hands up in the air and give up then, right? That is probably want those founding fathers that wrote that statement wanted from us.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Danny
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with 72V, we should keep our rude comments to ourselves. It puts this club in bad standings with the public who view this site, and it can ultimately turn club members against each other. We are united in this club for one reason:OFF ROADING. Anything else should be kept to ourselves. I don't log on here to see what the political views of others are, I want to see whats going on in the 4X4 community, and that's it. Just what I have concluded.
    WANTED: 38" TSL/SX tires!!!

MIGHTYRAM97
    Unfortunately it's true, so the struggle continues...

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tony
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by staleale View Post
    1. A hate crime is a hate crime no matter how you spin it.

2. Calling someone a "nappy headed hoe" is not only totally retarded and unprofessional but it is also a racist comment.

When people have to ask "how is that racist" then they probably will never understand the basics of being a morally sane human being. This thread was started for a good reason and is now getting out of hand like every other political thread on this site has become. At first i admit, the politics was kind of nice but now it makes me not want to log on sometimes.

I like the people i have met from this site and i have wheeled with some great people from here so lets just all understand that quote:

"even though this is our little corner of the internet, it is still open to the public. And, as much as i hate censorship, it would be unfortunate for someone to browse this website and come away with the perception that we are nothing but a bunch of intolerant yahoos. Please watch what you post. It reflects how we are viewed as a whole.

Starting now, racist comments will not be tolerated. If anyone has a issue with this or need further explanation, feel free to pm any of the moderators.

Lets get back to talking about wheeling, planning runs, doing write-ups, and helping each other out with 4x4. There is one thing that we all have in common and that is our love of the outdoors and 4 wheeling so lets not let this crap get in the way. I like you guy's but i don't care what you think about politics and race and i hope that the feeling is mutual.
    but what about the guns???????
    There are 2 rules in life:
    1.Never tell everything you know.

Boulevard Pizza- The freshest thin crust pizza in Sparks.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tony
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillyWonka View Post
    I agree with 72V, we should keep our rude comments to ourselves. It puts this club in bad standings with the public who view this site, and it can ultimately turn club members against each other. We are united in this club for one reason:OFF ROADING. Anything else should be kept to ourselves. I don't log on here to see what the political views of others are, I want to see whats going on in the 4X4 community, and that's it. Just what I have concluded.

There are 2 rules in life:
    1.Never tell everything you know.

Boulevard Pizza- The freshest thin crust pizza in Sparks.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaJeep View Post
    they are gone, Our country voted agianst guns! SUCKS there are more of them

then us when it comes to owning a gun.
    FAT PEOPLE ARE HARD TO KIDNAP!