Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Kris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posting pictures using Photobucket

You can avoid this hassle all together by becoming a preimum member and upload pics directly to the forum from your PC (plus other benefits).

Updating this for 2009

So you are computer and internet illiterate and can't post pics from your computer. Don't worry, if kindergartners can do it so can you.

First create an account at PhotoBucket.

Choose a user name and password.

Enter a bit of personal information. YOU DO NOT NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR CELL PHONE NUMBER.

Thats it! Now you can upload photos from your PC. Just go to photobucket.com and select "albums & upload" under "my albums".

Click "Choose Files" and browse to the picture file on your PC.

You will have the option to save the file with or without personal comments.

Now click the text next to "IMG Code" (the code will be automatically copied to your clipboard).

Now to post the image on the forum. You simply right click in the forum text box and select"Paste" from the menu.

And Viola! You've posted a pic!

Last edited by Pariah; December 23rd, 2010 at 05:48 PM.
    -Kris KF7KEK

It's not me. The rest of the world is insane.

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Justin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now go sell some hammers.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Kris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or you can avoid the hassle all together and become a preimum member and upload pics directly to the forum from your PC (plus other benefits).
    -Kris KF7KEK

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Kris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 72 Virginians View Post

Now go sell some hammers.
    -Kris KF7KEK

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Justin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Or you can avoid the hassle all together and become a preimum member and upload pics directly to the forum from your PC (plus other benefits).
    That's a better idea. Then I can see everyone's pictures at work (PB is blocked )
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Justin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I know the photo bucket way but how do you post directly to the forum if you are a premium member? I have tried and it asks for the pictures web location:scratch:

I have the same ? regarding youtube!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehu View Post
    They seem to think that you can increase egg production by strangling the chickens.
    Quote Originally Posted by floor ya View Post
    This level of work gives me little fuzzy feelings. Makes me want to cuddle with a torque wench.
    http://www.fairtax.org

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Kris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaturnICL View Post
    Ok I know the photo bucket way but how do you post directly to the forum if you are a premium member? I have tried and it asks for the pictures web location:scratch:
    When making a post you should see this at the bottom.

Click it and you'll get this.

Click "Choose" and browse to the file you want then click "Upload".

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnICL View Post
    I have the same ? regarding youtube!
    Roach has this covered: http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/showthr...hlight=youtube
    -Kris KF7KEK

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When making a post you should see this at the bottom.

Click it and you'll get this.

Click "Choose" and browse to the file you want then click "Upload".

Roach has this covered: http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/showthr...hlight=youtube
    Thank You
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehu View Post
    They seem to think that you can increase egg production by strangling the chickens.
    Quote Originally Posted by floor ya View Post
    This level of work gives me little fuzzy feelings. Makes me want to cuddle with a torque wench.
    http://www.fairtax.org

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tony
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There should be mention here, at least it was my experience, registering an account with photo bucket is not actually "free".

I tried Photo Bucket about a year ago, here was my first hand experience with it.

It requested my cell phone number to send me a confirmation text message to authenticate my "free" registration (I believe it was that option or a CC# if I remember right, did not want to just give up my CC#).

The text message came and I entered in the authentication code that was in the text message on their web site, seemed simple and harmless enough.

I use Verizon and had unlimited text and pics, plus unlimited broadband, however, the next month my bill was $9.99 higher than usual, and the charge was not clear at all. Next month again another $9.99 charge, this time I called Verizon and argued it off my bill, still no real explanation as to what the additional charge was. 3rd month came by and there was that charge again, this time I went directly to the Verizon store and spoke to the manager in person.

After he made about an hours worth of phone calls he told me the charge was for a "Premium Text Service". I argued I had unlimited text already, why am I being charged for additional for texting? He told me "Premium Text Service" is when you reply to one of those advertisements that tell you "Text 1234" in the ad. I argued I've never replied to any such thing, he said they can't take it off my bill because that money gets paid directly to the company who requested the charge (not the cell provider). Then he said the only way they could remove the charge was for me to contact this company and request they cancel the service. He couldn't tell me who "this company" was though.

I argued further and they dug deeper, turned out it was photo bucket charging me the additional $9.99 each month, and this was even though they had only sent me that one "confirmation" text message. They said I had to text a cancel request message back to the 1-800# to end the charge (which they were going to charge me for that as well). It took a lot of arguing, almost physical arguing at the Verizon store to finally get them to take this charge off my bill and put a stop to it. The other option was to upgrade my services for "Premium Text" at an additional monthly cost, which I had no interest or desire to do.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tinypic.com is similar to photobucket and it's easy to upload photos to forums. It's free and no registration is required. I stopped using photobucket a long time ago.

King Of The Tin Foil Hats!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had my Photobucket account for about 2 years now, maybe longer. It has never cost me one red cent.
    1991 Cherokee Sport with RE 5 1/2" lift, soon to be on 35" Toyo ATs.

2003 WJ GC Limited 2" BB lift and 33" Dyna Pros on 17" JK wheels., more to come in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by PETNRDX View Post
    "There is no problem that can't be solved by the proper application of high explosives".
    Quote Originally Posted by kairo View Post
    What I learned was that there's still no device that's been invented to keep you from drinking and posting stupid stuff on the internet.

Ignorance is not bliss, it's, well, ignorance. Don't be ignorant.
    -Me

Sigmund Freud: "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." ("General Introduction to Psychoanalysis," S. Freud)

Speak Freely!

μολὼν λαβέ

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Todd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K & S Radio View Post
    I have had my Photobucket account for about 2 years now, maybe longer. It has never cost me one red cent.

X2
    This space for rent. Inquire within.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by litlmeck View Post
    X2
    x3 some people get suckered into the whole texting thing. Like verison said. Even if you got unlimited texting, american idol will still charge you for voting.
    "Science without Religion Is Lame, Religion without Science Is Blind" - Albert Einstein

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tony
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K & S Radio View Post
    That's interesting, have you looked carefully at your cell phone bill? Did you use the cell phone text option to authenticate your membership? Are you already paying extra for "Premium Text Service"? Maybe 2 years ago they just weren't doing this yet. All I know is they absolutely were trying to charge me $9.99 a month on my cell phone bill, and the charge was in typical cell phone bill fashion, deeply disguised as something not just obvious as to what it was. It even took Verizon some significant digging to look into and finally get it resolved. Its been a while now, but it seems to me it was showing up on my bill as only an additional data charge. The main reason I questioned it was because I already had unlimited data and text and I never even use close to my plan minutes, so it stood out when suddenly my bill was higher than normal. For 5 years my bill had always been the same amount each month.

Currently I use my Hotmail account (now called Live Mail). They have a photo album feature built into it with an actual free 120GB (skydrive) of storage space for any kind of file you want to store and or share. It wasn't specifically set up to use stored pics there for posting to web sites like this, but it works perfectly when you just right click on your photo and grab the URL for it, providing you have that folder set up for public shared. No bandwidth limits either like photobucket does. Getting photos from your computer to the Live Mail photo album is just drag and drop. They also don't use any kind of "confirmation/authentication" process either, like requesting your cell phone number or CC#, as far as I'm concerned none of that info is any business of some web site I'm using advertised as "free".

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tony
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You make it sound like I'm crazy or making this up, so I just did a Google search, first hit on Google is a link directly back to the photobucket discussion forms on this very subject...

http://forums.photobucket.com/showpo...98&postcount=1

Photobuckets official response is they sell this information to advertisers, who then charge you $9.99 for EACH text message they decide to send you. Your cell phone provider collects the money on your cell bill, then gives the money to these advertisers. You do not request or have to even reply to these text messages, they just randomly come to you, with a charge of $9.99 for each one, not just $9.99 additional per month. You still get the charge, and have to text back "STOP" to get that advertiser to stop texting/charging you.

Wow, glad I didn't have to deal with spam text I was getting billed $9.99 each time for, that would have really sent me over the top. They just kept billing me $9.99 for just the original "confirmation" text message.

Be sure to also read this...

http://www.ucan.org/telecommunicatio...lar_and_sprint

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Kris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampdraw View Post
    You make it sound like I'm crazy or making this up, so I just did a Google search, first hit on Google is a link directly back to the photobucket discussion forms on this very subject...
    Well the Photobucket sign up I outlined above is totally free. They do not ask for your credit card or any kind of confirmation with your cell phone (submitting your cell number is optional). So people shouldn't worry about mysterious charges appearing on their cell phone bill. I've been using Photobucket for a couple years and they've never charged me anything. I even use my cell phone to send pics to my Photobucket account.
    -Kris KF7KEK

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tony
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certainly plenty of links out there by thousands of other people this has happened to. They also admitted to doing this on their own support forums. I notice most of them are dated between early 2007 and late 2008, which was also within the same time frame this took place on my account. I did just now sign up for a bogus account with bogus info and noticed they no longer required some form of authentication like they were doing. Maybe all the complaints about them, and even court actions by UCAN and others (which were won) have since made for some changes in how they operate with their "partners". Though I see there is still room for this to occur within their current "Privacy Policy".

Cell Phone number for a confirmation text with PIN number was required (NOT OPTIONAL) before. You could not complete their registration form without the PIN number they would text you. I remember it well because I NEVER use any real information to sign up for any internet accounts. In this case it was required, though still claimed the service was free.

Still enough that I'd never use them again, there are many more options available out there that have never tried to pull something like this.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    who the heck would sign up with thier cell phone? Even tho your text are free, thats to other cell phones. When you text to companies, they charge you whtever they want and its the consumers fault for doing so.
    "Science without Religion Is Lame, Religion without Science Is Blind" - Albert Einstein

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Brandon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very informative