Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4x4 newbies

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris

4x4 newbies

I was putting fuel in the bronco the other day at AMPM and these 2 guys come up and were checking out the Bronco. 1 had a stockish toyota, and other had a tj. They came over and were as they walked around looking it over and talking to me. This of course as they are telling me how awesome their stock trucks are and how they both did the little sluice last summer with no problems.

Then one of them asked me "why bother with fake beadlocks?". I tell him they aren't fake, they're walker evans beadlocks. Most comp rigs use em.

Then the other one askes me, "what's with the big rubber lines attached to your steering stabilizer".

I just had to laugh. Even Christopher schooled them on the rig. It was awesome watching my 6 year old explain what hydro assist was to these 2 morons.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Jeff
    That's priceless!
    74 Plymouth Trailduster

It's getting closer.... :squint:

KF7GJL

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris
    OMG
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehu View Post
    They seem to think that you can increase egg production by strangling the chickens.
    Quote Originally Posted by floor ya View Post
    This level of work gives me little fuzzy feelings. Makes me want to cuddle with a torque wench.
    http://www.fairtax.org

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Sheri
    I Don't want to be Barbie, That B!tch doesn't have a Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by go4x4it View Post
    I wouldn't touch her with a 20 foot pipe. I'd rather walk barefoot on hot coals and cool my feet with acid
    Quote Originally Posted by Reno Rocks View Post
    She has more flashes than a Polaroid camera!

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Justin
    We were all noobs at one time.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tyler
    x2

i still consider myself a noob

that is pretty funny though that they got schooled by your kid hahah
    -07 FJ Cruiser
    -14 VW Jetta

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Leif
    Quote Originally Posted by 72 Virginians View Post
    Agree, and why make fun of them?
    Why not use the opportunity to recruit and get more people involved?
    Our sport is under attack, so we need people to be good ambassadors...

It is perfectly legal to be stupid....
    STOP
    abusing the privilege.....
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ****
    I am NOT a doctor, police officer, FBI agent, ambulance tech, or Part 90 dispatcher.
    I am an amateur radio operator, in what still is, at least somewhat, a quasi-technical hobby.
    I am NOT a DHS employee, and I don't work for FEMA.
    I am a freaking bus driver, yapping on the radio, playing with antennas and having FUN

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Rob
    Yes, but Glo's son won't even remember being a noobie!
    That is a funny story - a six year old setting them straight

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    Yes, but Glo's son won't even remember being a noobie!
    That is a funny story - a six year old setting them straight
    That's the funny part. Not that they didn't know anything...
    74 Plymouth Trailduster

It's getting closer.... :squint:

KF7GJL

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Leif
    Quote Originally Posted by Tys 4x4 FTW View Post
    x2

i still consider myself a noob

that is pretty funny though that they got schooled by your kid hahah

Nope it was not..

It was arrogant and stupid...

I can guarantee you, that you will not like my daughter school you about HAM versus CB when she get her license...

And I would never allow her to do that either.

It is perfectly legal to be stupid....
    STOP
    abusing the privilege.....
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ****
    I am NOT a doctor, police officer, FBI agent, ambulance tech, or Part 90 dispatcher.
    I am an amateur radio operator, in what still is, at least somewhat, a quasi-technical hobby.
    I am NOT a DHS employee, and I don't work for FEMA.
    I am a freaking bus driver, yapping on the radio, playing with antennas and having FUN

Wheeler
    Real Name
    John
    X2.

I don't know WTF Walker Evans beadlocks look like and I've never seen a hydro assit setup. Granted, I also don't talk smack if I don't know what I'm talking about.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Sheri
    careful all what started as a cute story now has the conscious police here.

maybe it was the translation ?
    I wouldn't touch her with a 20 foot pipe. I'd rather walk barefoot on hot coals and cool my feet with acid

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris
    My grandfather always told me:

"There is no need to be embarrassed if someone laughs.......The time to be embarrassed is if nobody laughs!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehu View Post
    They seem to think that you can increase egg production by strangling the chickens.
    Quote Originally Posted by floor ya View Post
    This level of work gives me little fuzzy feelings. Makes me want to cuddle with a torque wench.
    http://www.fairtax.org

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by leifnv View Post
    Agree, and why make fun of them?
    Why not use the opportunity to recruit and get more people involved?
    Our sport is under attack, so we need people to be good ambassadors...

Those of you who know me, i'm far from the ambassador type. Yeah we were all newbies at one time. But you come up telling how kickass your rig is and how you "ran little sluice" with your toyota and 31"s and I'm gonna laugh at you. Enough said.

arrogant and stupid, you bet your butt i'm arrogant. stupid?? I guess that's a matter of opinion :thefinger

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Justin
    Quote Originally Posted by SaturnICL View Post
    My grandfather always told me:

"There is no need to be embarrassed if someone laughs.......The time to be embarrassed is if nobody laughs!"
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by leifnv View Post
    Nope it was not..

It was arrogant and stupid...
    Claiming you've driven a stock TJ or mildly modified Toyota through Little Sluice is arrogant and stupid...

And it doesn't sound like Glo was mean to either of them - he could've told them to go away. He (along with his six year old son) answered the questions they had.
    What's funny is that they came up to him ACTING like they knew a lot about wheeling when they did not and his son set them straight.

I wouldn't start talking HAM with anyone (including your daughter) since I don't know s*** about it.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Kris
    This one is intresting, and I can relate to both sides.. A recruiting peeps and B schooling peeps. I have to say this .. the foloowing is a list of the most common things asked of me when I had my truck.

" oo that's nice your husband/hubby let you drive his truck"

"daddy's girl are we"

" iIf we sleep together, can I drive"

"Don't you think thats a bit to much truck for such a little girl"

So when people walk up and ask me about my rigs.. I tend to get stand offish...

I would bet those guys walked up with some serious attitude expecting to be jacka$$'s and instead got a taste of thier own medicine. Its a funny thread, stuff like that is going to happen. so enjoy it and let it remind you, that not everyone is perfect, nor does everyone have manners and that above all.. ALL OF US have done it at one time or another

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Sheri
    Quote Originally Posted by kqotuw View Post
    This one is intresting, and I can relate to both sides.. A recruiting peeps and B schooling peeps. I have to say this .. the foloowing is a list of the most common things asked of me when I had my truck.

" oo that's nice your husband/hubby let you drive his truck"

"daddy's girl are we"

" iIf we sleep together, can I drive"

"Don't you think thats a bit to much truck for such a little girl"

So when people walk up and ask me about my rigs.. I tend to get stand offish...

I would bet those guys walked up with some serious attitude expecting to be jacka$$'s and instead got a taste of thier own medicine. Its a funny thread, stuff like that is going to happen. so enjoy it and let it remind you, that not everyone is perfect, nor does everyone have manners and that above all.. ALL OF US have done it at one time or another
    Very well said Kris!

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris
    As long as you weren't rude to them, no harm done here. And yes, a six year old explaining what hydro-assist is to someone who ran Sluice in a stock yota is FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Jesika
    the bottom line here is that they came to glo and tried picking apart his rig.. He didnt go to them, they came to him and got what they deserved. Schooled! and for those who get offended by this, by being called a newb, then your feelings are to close to the surface... No body can make you feel Inferior with out your consent. We all started off being newbs at one point in everything not just wheeling, but when you make a point of going to someone else and picking apart thier rig when yours is crap on wheels is being worse than a newb. And if you dont like this thread... or whats being said then dont read it...
    Towing with a gas truck is like arguing with a woman, TOTALLY FUTILE!

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Kris
    Quote Originally Posted by LilBit View Post
    the bottom line here is that they came to glo and tried picking apart his rig.. He didnt go to them, they came to him and got what they deserved. Schooled! and for those who get offended by this, by being called a newb, then your feelings are to close to the surface... No body can make you feel Inferior with out your consent. We all started off being newbs at one point in everything not just wheeling, but when you make a point of going to someone else and picking apart thier rig when yours is crap on wheels is being worse than a newb. And if you dont like this thread... or whats being said then dont read it...

I concur!!

Thanks KittenB !!!

Web Wheeler
    Nice not nice whatever. They came, they saw, they got schooled by a six year old. That's funny plain and simple.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Dave
    :roll: that is funny.

Web Wheeler
    Awesome. Your 6 year is the man, well boy I guess, but awesome either way.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Rizzo
    And if you dont like this thread... or whats being said then dont read it...
    Kind of a paradox, wouldn't you say? How are you supposed to ascertain whether or not you like it unless you read it? Makes it more than challenging to follow your suggestion.

As for the story ... a good one. Couldn't help but chuckle, even if there is a condescending tone to it - but it sounds like these guys had it coming. I mean, they admire his rig, then try to tear it apart as if Glo is some sort of moron w/more money than brains.

For the record, I don't know what Walker Evans Beadlocks look like or hydro-assist steering. I know their benefits, but couldn't pick them out of a line-up. [=0)

In all fairness, as Justin points out, we've all been rookies to wheeling @ some point or another.
    Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye