Thread: Budwieser requirements

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Daryl

Budwieser requirements

I was thinkin about runnin bud canyon and was wanting to know what the min. requirements would be, as in tire size, lockers, winch etc. thanks for any info!!!

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Charlie
    Quote Originally Posted by XJfan View Post
    I was thinkin about runnin bud canyon and was wanting to know what the min. requirements would be, as in tire size, lockers, winch etc. thanks for any info!!!
    I think the whole trail is doable with no lockers and like 32"s or 33"s except when you get to the 3rd waterfall. I've seen a toyota truck on 31"s do it with no lockers (I think) go through but he had to winch up the 3rd fall with a fair amount of damage.

Some vids of the last waterfall
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...n&search_type=

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Daryl
    cool thanks, I want to try to run this trail here pretty soon if you can get through w/out lockers then I should be good, my wifes jeep has a rear locker and 33's.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Thomas
    Quote Originally Posted by XJfan View Post
    cool thanks, I want to try to run this trail here pretty soon if you can get through w/out lockers then I should be good, my wifes jeep has a rear locker and 33's.
    You might have to move a few rocks around, I went up a couple days ago in an over-capable rig (definitely not mine) and we moved a few out of the trail that people had stacked to make it a little tougher. Until the third waterfall you should be A-Ok. I run a front locker 5.5" lift and 33's and it'll git er done.
    Never use your favorite song as your alarm, and never use your favorite soda as your mixer.

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Harry
    On an XJ I would also recommend sliders, otherwise the 33s and rear locker should do the trick for you. Like many of the trails around Reno, this one is becoming easier every year.

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Nick
    Winch will make your life a lot easier.

And PLEASE DO NOT stack rocks. Or, if you must, unstack them and place them exactly where you found them. If your rig can't make it, don't modify the trail.
    Last edited by kairo; July 19th, 2009 at 08:51 AM.
    I bought a cactus. A week later it died. And I got depressed, because I thought, Damn. I am less nurturing than a desert. - Demetri Martin

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Daryl
    Quote Originally Posted by kairo View Post
    Winch will make your life a lot easier.

And PLEASE DO NOT stack rocks. Or, if you must, unstack them and place them exactly where you found them. If your rig can't make it, don't modify the trail.
    I try to not stack rocks just because I like to give my self a challenge, and if I must stack rocks I always put them back, and yes the jeep I'll take does have a winch and sliders so that should make it a bit easier even though I try no to use the winch, I like to get over with the right line to make my driving better.
    Thanks for the info