Thread: TJ Brake Pads - Stock or What?

Real Name
    Keith

TJ Brake Pads - Stock or What?

Well it's time for new brake pads. You can always tell when the wheels scream and stopping becomes a spirtual experience. So... Have any of you used anything other than stock replacement pads? Is there a good "High Performance" pad out there for the TJ?
    I built a 4x4 but the termites ate it.

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Justin
    How many miles do you have on your Jeep? I'm assuming it's your 06. Just wondering why you would need new pads after a year or less.

Anyway, don't replace them with Kragen "cheapies". The pads will squeal like a schoolbus. Stock pads or "High Perfomance" ceramics will usually be in the same price range.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    David
    well at my work we normaly carry the ceramics and the semi-mattalics with LL warrentees and that covers ware too
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    ~George Orwell~
    I watched 72 Virginians run himself over
    If its called tourist season why are we not allowed to hunt them?
    See that person over there? That's the face of someone who cares. Now look at mine. See the difference?

Real Name
    Keith
    I have 17K on her. The move from LA to here with the trailer (two loads) was a real brake pealer even when downshifting. I mean, I could be wrong, but when I stop I get a definite growl in the brake pedal I never had before. It seems to come from both sides in the back. I was looking at the discs through the wheels today and they don't appear notched or warped. When previous cars started to do this, it was the brakes early warning system going off.

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Justin
    Before laying down the $$$ for new pads, I would inspect the old pads. I would also check and see it the rotors are slightly warped.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Real Name
    Keith
    Quote Originally Posted by DBXJ View Post
    well at my work
    Ok, I'll bite, where do you work? I need a brake place. My mommy doesn't like it when I get my hands dirty ;-)

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Justin
    I'll PM ya a price Tuesday when I get back to work. I'm at the Jeep dealership. DBXJ works over at AutoZone.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    David
    thats the autozone on S. virgina
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    ~George Orwell~
    I watched 72 Virginians run himself over
    If its called tourist season why are we not allowed to hunt them?
    See that person over there? That's the face of someone who cares. Now look at mine. See the difference?