Wheeler
    Real Name
    Brandon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GPS for Cache

Iv'e been using an app on my android to find cahces, but some times the gps isnt exactly on the money with it I guess depending on the terrain. Some I can find with no problem it puts me with in a meter of the cache and other times it just jumps around from 1 meter to like 10 meters. Do all gps do that or is it just because its on a cell. If I get a handheld gps does it really matter if its a color screen or topograph and what does the screen look like when your searching for a cache (heading to certain location), is it just a map that you are following or is there like a compass that just points you in the direction. how do you input coordinates into your gps, because from what i have seen on a gps there is no type of buttons to input anything or am I just wrong, I've never actually held a handheld gps. this is what the c:geo app looks like .

Map of the area where caches are

Once you select a cache you can hit the compass and it brings you to this mode

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Brandon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well I decide to go with the garmin venture hc, so i will let yall know how it works. still probably going to use my cell gps to get me in the general area to where I can just walk/hike to it.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Brandon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    took the Garmin venture HC on a couple of caches and it led me to them every time and its real easy to use and put caches in on the gps. I compared the Garmin next to my cell phone gps and the phone works good on some occasions but other times it says I'm in one location but in reality I'm about 10-30ft from that location. So with the phone you just have to search more of the area if the gps signal isn't that accurate, but it sometimes gets the jobs done.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Jason
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you on AT&T?

Had to ask, because you had only one or two bars....
    Reno's new EDM online radio station.
    http://tecktonic.us