Thread: Who's all racing this Weekend?

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Steven

Who's all racing this Weekend?

Who is racing the Virginia City Grand Prix this weekend? What's your number and class? I would love to be racing this year but I jammed my valve sideways in the head while practicing for the VCGP last year. Best of luck to you guys and hopefully you will get some supporters out there.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Matt
    Ill be there with I think 4 others from work. We are on the 4th row and I'm #36! Can't wait. Two years ago we started in row 33 (I was #327) and that sucked at the bottlenecks.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Steven
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoMatt View Post
    Ill be there with I think 4 others from work. We are on the 4th row and I'm #36! Can't wait. Two years ago we started in row 33 (I was #327) and that sucked at the bottlenecks.
    You got a crazy good spot... What bike you racing? My buddy is racing he's number 230 (farnsworth)

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by XJTHEBEAST View Post
    You got a crazy good spot... What bike you racing? My buddy is racing he's number 230 (farnsworth)
    Yeah, after the first year we learned to get our applications in as quickly as possible. This year we dropped off our applications at the VC post office the day they were allowed.

Im racing my 2001 Honda CR250R. Boysen reeds, desert tank, IT tires, HD tubes, desert gearing, Gnarly pipe, TurbineCore2 silencer, etc etc etc.

Here are a couple of pics of me and the bike weekend before last at Hawthorne

Name:  374041_3776698706080_1535243798_3126260_8759910_n.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  50.6 KB

Name:  563060_3776699306095_1535243798_3126263_53962918_n.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  17.5 KB

Name:  301720_3776699546101_1535243798_3126264_935594934_n.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  38.6 KB

Name:  582611_3776696906035_1535243798_3126255_1579965792_n.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  31.9 KB

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Matt
    And my ghettofab numbers for VC. Figured I already had a 3 so may as well use it. Then covered up the wrong numbers with black electrical tape and made my other 3 into a 6 with white electrical tape. Haha.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Steven
    And my ghettofab numbers for VC. Figured I already had a 3 so may as well use it. Then covered up the wrong numbers with black electrical tape and made my other 3 into a 6 with white electrical tape. Haha.

Your bike looks good man! I figured there would be more riders competing on this forum... I have an 03 yz250 f with boysen quick shot carb quick comp release race clutch fmf pipes ...hope for the best for ya man and have fun in sutro canyon I've done it both ways it's harder going backwards through itOh and btw that's an awesome tape job haha!

Wheeler
    Real Name
    John
    I figured there would be more riders competing on this forum...
    Don't count me out yet. I decided last min on Friday last year and that could happen again. Just not sure I want to get stuck back at 390 again.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Jason
    Maybe next year I will take out my old 96 KTM300exc and run it for fun....

geared for the desert. race carb, fmf Burly pipe, v-force reeds. etc.. could be fun..

Might get my ass kicked. But it would be fun....
    Reno's new EDM online radio station.
    http://tecktonic.us

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Juston
    I was thinking about it, but am still healing up my wrist. I am going to preregister next year for sure!
    Juston
    MRANN #519P

04 WJ, 4.7H.O., K&N FIPK, Flowmaster Super 40, 231 T-Case swap w/ 32spline S.Y.E., Vari-Lock Differentials, 5.5" Iron Rock Coils, Clayton's Long Arms, Bilsteins, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Tie Rod and Drag Link flip, 315/75R16 BFG KM2's, IRO rocksliders, Gas tank raised 6", 1600watts of Kickin Ass Alpine Stereo.
    Link:
    '04 WJ Build Thread

Links:
    '70 Jeepster Build Part 1
    '70 Jeepster Build Part 2

R.I.P. Jeepster. New one ton Jeepster project to come.....

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Steven
    With this wind and the rain we have been having it might be sloppy up there

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Matt
    supposed to be sunny and in the 70s the rest of the weekend. NV dries quick so the conditions should be damp and keep the dust down but not too sloppy i think

Wheeler
    Real Name
    John
    With this wind and the rain we have been having it might be sloppy up there
    supposed to be sunny and in the 70s the rest of the weekend. NV dries quick so the conditions should be damp and keep the dust down but not too sloppy i think
    After the cash guys and experts run Saturday, it will probably be back to dust.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    John
    I think I'm out for this year. Don't want to deal with bottlenecks after starting in back.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Matt
    Well, about 1/2 way through the 1st lap my clutch cable snapped. Had to putt about 1 mile to find a sweeper to point me to an exit. Had to bump start the bike everywhere and just putt on 6 Mile Canyon all the way back to VC. Kinda sucks...

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Steven
    Damn that Sux I was hoping to hear you made top ten hopefully next yr I'll have my bike ready and be racing with ya

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Juston
    That sucks Matt, especially with that sweet starting position you had. I guess it's time to go Orange! No more stinkin clutch cables!
    Juston
    MRANN #519P

04 WJ, 4.7H.O., K&N FIPK, Flowmaster Super 40, 231 T-Case swap w/ 32spline S.Y.E., Vari-Lock Differentials, 5.5" Iron Rock Coils, Clayton's Long Arms, Bilsteins, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Tie Rod and Drag Link flip, 315/75R16 BFG KM2's, IRO rocksliders, Gas tank raised 6", 1600watts of Kickin Ass Alpine Stereo.
    Link:
    '04 WJ Build Thread

Links:

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Matt
    Damn that Sux I was hoping to hear you made top ten hopefully next yr I'll have my bike ready and be racing with ya
    I knew I wasn't getting anywhere top 10 but I was hoping to be top 1/2. This race has been a curse for me. In 2010 my bike overheated pretty bad and my fuel filter clogged leaving me stranded on Sutro until I put it to reserve and the fuel started running again. In 2011 my Husqvarna I had ridden for years broke only a couple weeks before the race. Then this year my clutch cable snaps. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by renojeepster View Post
    That sucks Matt, especially with that sweet starting position you had. I guess it's time to go Orange! No more stinkin clutch cables!
    I wish! Someday I'm going to buy a FI Husaberg TE300. Same bike as the KTM but I like the color scheme better...I'm a Chargers fan!

Name:  2012-Husaberg-TE300b-small.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  66.5 KB

18. The Following User Likes MotoMatt's Post:

renojeepster (April 30th, 2012)

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Steven
    Haven't seen anyone out here on a husaberg. It looks good even in chargers colors

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Kolt
    My dad had a berg, fx 450 and he lOves it. He was a Ktm guy till then but he says the Berg handles better and has smoother more responsive power because of efi and the forward canted motor. I tried riding it and it's set up for a guy that's about 6in taller and 80 pounds heavier so it handleded like crap for me but man that instant power is sweet, and it just keeps going, never felt like I was going to hit the top of the power band. With it set up for me I would of a lot more comfortable and gas better handling

Wheeler
    Real Name
    John
    Yeah that Husaberg is a sweet bike. The color scheme is why I don't like orange. It's even sexier up close with that yellow frame.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Juston
    Quote Originally Posted by ludafisk View Post
    The color scheme is why I don't like orange.
    You looked right at home on the orange bike, with your orange gear, this weekend!

I would rock the 3-Hunny even if it was pink!

That Husaberg looks like the same bike. I'm not sure I'm sold on a fuel injected 2-stroke though. I love the simplicity, and once jetted properly the carbed 300's are as good as I could imagine.
    Juston
    MRANN #519P

Link:
    '04 WJ Build Thread

Links:

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Steven

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Matt
    If im correct KTM and Husaberg are like Chevy and GMC. Same bikes just different colors. You wont see me on a 4 stroke for a very long time. Thats why I want the new TE300, the old ones dont have the yellow frames...not that I will be able to afford one anytime soon.

As for a FI 2 stroke my favorite thing is never worrying about jetting again. With the 2 stroke jetting is a major factor on how a bike runs, with FI that completely goes away. I haven't ridden a FI 2 stroke but people are loving them, especially with the power band adjustment lever on the handlebars!

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Dylan
    If im correct KTM and Husaberg are like Chevy and GMC. Same bikes just different colors. You wont see me on a 4 stroke for a very long time. Thats why I want the new TE300, the old ones dont have the yellow frames...not that I will be able to afford one anytime soon.

As for a FI 2 stroke my favorite thing is never worrying about jetting again. With the 2 stroke jetting is a major factor on how a bike runs, with FI that completely goes away. I haven't ridden a FI 2 stroke but people are loving them, especially with the power band adjustment lever on the handlebars!
    Bergs used to be ktm's test platform basically. Anything new they were trying was on the berg first. My dad had a husaberg in 02 it was fast and light but horrible to maintain, ended up snapping a rocker arm in a race and blowin up....all the replacement parts came in ktm boxes
    O' cruel fate, to be thusly boned! Ask not for whom the bone bones - it bones for thee. -Bender

Wheeler
    Real Name
    John
    Quote Originally Posted by renojeepster View Post
    You looked right at home on the orange bike, with your orange gear, this weekend!

I would rock the 3-Hunny even if it was pink!

That Husaberg looks like the same bike. I'm not sure I'm sold on a fuel injected 2-stroke though. I love the simplicity, and once jetted properly the carbed 300's are as good as I could imagine.
    Yeah and now I'm sold on getting a 2-stroke. It was actually scary how light that thing felt. The power and hit wasn't an issue, but coming off my 450 that feels stuck to the ground was quite the experience. If I got one I'd have to change the plastic to white or black to avoid the full pumpkin orange overload. Not sure I can afford a 300, though.