Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tacoma

Vendor
    Real Name
    Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by renopride View Post
    I have all the stock skid plates over the differential, the front axle, etc. do you think aftermarket skids are better? who to make sliders? I don't off road that much, I'd like some equipment though. I was thinking about a grill, but i hear that they all mess up airbag deployments, except for the $900 arb bumper?
    Yeah if you actually hit a rock on one of the stock skids, you'll see how thin it is. Look for some beefy 3/16" to 1/4" thick skids. I'll be making some pretty soon.
    As for sliders, they're a great investment! Protect the rockers/doors offroad, and also help fend off carelessly swung car doors and shopping carts at the mall. I make sliders as well, could probably hook you up with a bit of a deal on a set of returned sliders coming back to my shop in the next week or two(nothing wrong with them, just sent the wrong set to a customer in Hawaii on accident).
    An aftermarket should not affect air bag depoloyment, they're inertia sensors like max said. You can find them under the hood on the inner fenderwell under the battery on the driver side, and under the air intake on the passenger side.
    Relentless off-road Fabrication | Sparks NV | 775-200-0544
    Fabricator of high quality off-road armor, 4x4 accessories, and more!
    We do Steel and aluminum welding, CNC cutting, tube bending, etc. Specializing in Toyota's, but work on any rig
    Check us out in my vendor forum, or on OUR WEBSITE ,on Facebook, and follow us on Instagram @relentlessfabricaion and also on our youtube

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Brett
    Quote Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
    Yeah if you actually hit a rock on one of the stock skids, you'll see how thin it is. Look for some beefy 3/16" to 1/4" thick skids. I'll be making some pretty soon.
    As for sliders, they're a great investment! Protect the rockers/doors offroad, and also help fend off carelessly swung car doors and shopping carts at the mall. I make sliders as well, could probably hook you up with a bit of a deal on a set of returned sliders coming back to my shop in the next week or two(nothing wrong with them, just sent the wrong set to a customer in Hawaii on accident).
    An aftermarket should not affect air bag depoloyment, they're inertia sensors like max said. You can find them under the hood on the inner fenderwell under the battery on the driver side, and under the air intake on the passenger side.
    Yeah I'd love to know how much you'd charge with installation and all that, for the sliders, probably a rear bumper and front bumper or grill if that's what you do. I drive an 03 xtracab.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Scott
    Yeah I'd love to know how much you'd charge with installation and all that, for the sliders, probably a rear bumper and front bumper or grill if that's what you do. I drive an 03 xtracab.
    Hs rear bumper is nice looking. I believe it's around $600 and he can add probably anything you want for more.
    i believe most front bumpers start around $900.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdevr View Post
    Wow, this thread is like a ping pong match with 8 players on an octagonal table. Pointless and dizzying...

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Kolt
    Here's one of Eric's first gen Tacoma front bumpers hacked up to fit a pick up and some of Erics sliders with optional kick ups
    Name:  8C522141-3845-475F-BD40-861693D3ABD1-571-000000F612D9C433.jpg
Views: 2862
Size:  351.2 KB

Vendor
    Real Name
    Eric
    Sliders I can do $300+$75 for the install(weld on). The rear bumpers I make start at $600, and the fronts run at $750+ depending on the options you choose. I could probably work a bit of a deal if you wanted all 3 items for you rig; Maybe free install on it all or something.
    Relentless off-road Fabrication | Sparks NV | 775-200-0544
    Fabricator of high quality off-road armor, 4x4 accessories, and more!
    We do Steel and aluminum welding, CNC cutting, tube bending, etc. Specializing in Toyota's, but work on any rig
    Check us out in my vendor forum, or on OUR WEBSITE ,on Facebook, and follow us on Instagram @relentlessfabricaion and also on our youtube

6. The Following User Likes RelentlessTaco's Post:

Dennis (September 18th, 2012)

renocomputerrepair.com
    Real Name
    Kevin
    So I'm relatively new to off-roading, I've been to hunter lake with friends and their modified 4x4s, but I've never had a vehicle that was off road capable before. I bought a 2003 tacoma TRD a year ago, and finally took it off roading. I don't know how difficult the trip is to hunter lake, but I was extremely impressed with my truck. the clearance, the traction and the power made it an almost effortless cruise up there. I had stock tires, and kept it in 4h the entire time, taking different loops and routes to get there. I did lose a mudflap on that nasty set of rocks on the trail that loops to the left, near hunter lake. fortunately, my truck's frame was protected by the mudflap, when it got pinched between the rock and the truck.
    Bottom line, that trail was a fantastic variety of terrains for my tacoma, and I was extremely impressed with how well it managed, with a 4x4 novice behind the wheel.
    lesson learned though, next time tell someone where you're going! if i had eviscerated my truck on those rocks, it'd be a fun hike back.
    Did you mean you kept it in 4-Lo or 4-Hi the entire way up?
    Mr. IPOD
    Ask Big Blue how I saved him $2,600.00 on data recovery!
    Home & office computer repair/ Reno laptop repair/Networking/WIFI/Reno Server repair/Hard Drive Data Recovery/ IP & CCTV Camera Surveillance Systems DVR & NVR
    Call 722-6969 After hours support available

www.sonicwall.com/us
    www.cisco.com

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Cal
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyChemist View Post
    Is this the toytec lift?
    I dont even remember to be honest. it's been a couple years, and I got everything seperately, at the same time but different manufacturers