User Tag List

Thread: Black Rock Hot Springs Tour This W/E

I support Reno4x4!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Rock Hot Springs Tour This W/E

Fall is a great time to visit the Black Rock! The crowds are down and the weather is starting to cool off but it's still not too cold at night. it's about Hot Springs all the way!

The final seasonal tour will be on October 13 & 14
    Our main group will camp at Trego Hot Springs Friday and on Saturday will move to Black Rock Hot Springs, one of the prettiest springs in the area.

Saturday night will be spent there with day trips and local activities at the North end of the Playa. Since evenings on the desert would be nothing without potluck...Saturday night is the time to share your culinary expertise! The exact itinerary will depend on area conditions. As of today playa is dry.

This is an easy car camp or bring your tents as no RV's or big trailers can be taken to these locations!

if/when you get there with Qs, etc. ask for me or Dave Book KD7YIM

Playa ham radio info:
    145.230 MHz with a PL of 123, and of course the offset is the standard 600 kHz good coverage

UHF Repeater and IRLP Node 7249 better coverage
    o 440.175 MHz (+), PL 100.0

* VHF IRLP Node 3075
    o 146.7 MHz, PL 100.0
    o Simplex
    * APRS Digipeater GERLCH
    o 144.39 MHz simplex
    o Gatewayed to the Internet (APRS-IS)

Hosted by Friends Of Black Rock-High Rock
    Last edited by RARECJ8; October 12th, 2012 at 11:04 AM.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

<a href=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/rareCJ8.jpg target=_blank>http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...J8/rareCJ8.jpg</a>
    www.hillsangels4x4.com. Plankowner
    Life Member Blue Ribbon Coalition
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang sounds fun!

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Brizz
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this a wheeling trip or just a hot springs trip? The XJ isn't up for wheeling, but is a much better camping rig. I wouldn't want to take the FJ for no reason.

Never mind. I just now realized the dates are this last weekend. Sorry I missed it.
    Last edited by Brizzman; October 16th, 2012 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Realized the dates were in the past.
    Brizz

Be careful infringing on peoples 2nd amendment rights with your 1st amendment rights, because you probably wouldn't like it the other way around.

FJ-40 on 37's, locked/posi. Stock Grand Cherokee.

Looking for 68-74 FJ-40 doors.

I support Reno4x4!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes indeed you missed it LOL. Good times and will try to get pix up later. PERFECT weather out there and these trips make the black rock a fine place to live adventure and walk with the emigrants. The stars were off the hook at night!

Albert Einstein

<a href=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/rareCJ8.jpg target=_blank>http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...J8/rareCJ8.jpg</a>
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Brizz
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You said "final seasonal tour" in the first post. Are they still open? Do they close (other than Burning Man)?
    Brizz

Be careful infringing on peoples 2nd amendment rights with your 1st amendment rights, because you probably wouldn't like it the other way around.

FJ-40 on 37's, locked/posi. Stock Grand Cherokee.

Looking for 68-74 FJ-40 doors.

I support Reno4x4!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the springs are open 24/7/365. This was the fall 'final' organized tour event. One may visit there anytime and since Oct is so nice, now is the time to go! IIRC, during BM, only Trego is shuttered, all others (and much better IMO) remain open for use. Just as a courtesy don;t camp right next to the springs, whether black rock, double hot, soldier meadow, frog pond or trego. Once playa gets wet during winter the soaking pools near black rock can be a challenge to reach unless one doesn't care about getting stuck in the wet muck. So the only limiting factor is the wx, and as noted, NOW is the very best time to visit and camp in that area.

Albert Einstein

Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Yeti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I was in town I would have been there. I spent 2 days out there last week, it was very nice. Was everything ok at Black Rock Point? When I drove by on the 5th there was a large group of people camped AT the springs, one had their tent almost up on the wagon there.
    Sasquatch doesn't believe in you either.

I'll tell you who it was, it was that damned Sasquatch.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Alan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was actually there on Sat, didn't see you guys though... Here is a pic I took at sunset.

Hot Springs black rock by mhawkcmaster, on Flickr

And this badass

Blackrock motorcycle by mhawkcmaster, on Flickr

Blackrock Mt by mhawkcmaster, on Flickr
    Last edited by apcreno; October 16th, 2012 at 09:08 PM.

I support Reno4x4!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice!

Albert Einstein

Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691