Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carson river hot springs

Looking for some info on this trail, thinking about taking sunday to hit up a hot spring and saw
    http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail...5#TrailReviews

Anyone been here? recently?
    Worth going?
    Hows the road going up?

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Shawn
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was planning on doing this 2 weeks from now. I have heard mix things about it.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Nathan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shawn are you thinking of a saturday or sunday?

I support Reno4x4!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fun place. can't drive across river anymore, so plan to get feet wet. several ways in/out. long and bumpy but worth the effort. on weekends expect company.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

<a href=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/rareCJ8.jpg target=_blank>http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...J8/rareCJ8.jpg</a>
    www.hillsangels4x4.com. Plankowner
    Life Member Blue Ribbon Coalition
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Shawn
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not decided what day yet.

Web Wheeler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sucks you have to pay to get the directions from the site.

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Yeti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flighht2k5 View Post
    Sucks you have to pay to get the directions from the site.
    Unless you know people who are going. Or you could buy the hot springs book of nevada. Or look at a map. Or pay the site.
    Sasquatch doesn't believe in you either.

I'll tell you who it was, it was that damned Sasquatch.

8. The Following 6 Users Like Sasquatch's Post:

CashMoney (March 13th, 2015), Dirty Harry (March 15th, 2015), owenst7 (March 14th, 2015), RARECJ8 (March 13th, 2015), Squirrel Cage (March 14th, 2015), Toyota_James (November 9th, 2017)

Web Wheeler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carson river hot springs

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Unless you know people who are going. Or you could buy the hot springs book of nevada. Or look at a map. Or pay the site.
    Kinda want to explore on my own. Either way gotta pay. Or you could be cool and give directions. Also if you did t notice I was speaking about the site that was linked. No need to be a fuck bag.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Jay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take the 395 south through Gardnerville. As you start to climb towards Simeh Dimeh Summit you'll crest and see two huge silos on the right and the road to Leviathon Mine. Go right there onto the hardpack. Keep traveling down Leviathon Mine Rd for about one mile. You will see a Y-intersection where a small rd goes to the right a parallel to Lev. Mine Rd down into a creek bed. Take that route down....follow it until you hit the River...take a left heading south and stay along the river a ways. You will cross a pasture and a creek....it'll be along the way at the river edge...
    Last edited by Teal-J; March 14th, 2015 at 07:30 AM.

I support Reno4x4!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teal-J View Post
    Take the 395 south through Gardnerville. As you start to climb towards Simeh Dimeh Summit you'll crest and see two huge silos on the right and the road to Leviathon Mine. Go right there onto the hardpack. Keep traveling down Leviathon Mine Rd for about one mile. You will see a Y-intersection where a small rd goes to the right a parallel to Lev. Mine Rd down into a creek bed. Take that route down....follow it until you hit the River...take a left heading south and stay along the river a ways. You will cross a pasture and a creek....it'll be along the way at the river edge...
    We used to go in via China springs and horsehide bend, but that driving across the river snafu... Another way is via loope canyon
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

<a href=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/rareCJ8.jpg target=_blank>http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...J8/rareCJ8.jpg</a>
    www.hillsangels4x4.com. Plankowner
    Life Member Blue Ribbon Coalition
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Yeti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda want to explore on my own. Either way gotta pay. Or you could be cool and give directions. Also if you did t notice I was speaking about the site that was linked. No need to be a fuck bag.
    Here's being a fuck bag. If you would have searched this site, then you would have found this link:

http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/showthr...836-Hotsprings

and within said link, you would have seen (or maybe not) post #31, in which were directions to the Carson River hot springs. I was trying to be nice, as hot spring locations are generally held close as to not have them get trashed, but I gave you enough of a hint to do some legwork on your own. Some people have to bee spoon fed though I guess. You say you want to explore on your own, but then ask for directions. Ironic in my opinion. I don't have anything against you, I don't even know you. Information is out there about hot springs, but you have to find it. Buy the Hot springs of California and Nevada by Matt Bischoff, and maybe pick up a benchmark mapbook. Between the two, you'll have access to a lot of hot spring locations.

13. The Following 5 Users Like Sasquatch's Post:

Desertdog77 (March 15th, 2015), Dirty Harry (March 15th, 2015), McNasty (March 15th, 2015), owenst7 (March 15th, 2015), Toyota_James (November 9th, 2017)

Web Wheeler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's being a fuck bag. If you would have searched this site, then you would have found this link:

http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/showthr...836-Hotsprings

and within said link, you would have seen (or maybe not) post #31, in which were directions to the Carson River hot springs. I was trying to be nice, as hot spring locations are generally held close as to not have them get trashed, but I gave you enough of a hint to do some legwork on your own. Some people have to bee spoon fed though I guess. You say you want to explore on your own, but then ask for directions. Ironic in my opinion. I don't have anything against you, I don't even know you. Information is out there about hot springs, but you have to find it. Buy the Hot springs of California and Nevada by Matt Bischoff, and maybe pick up a benchmark mapbook. Between the two, you'll have access to a lot of hot spring locations.
    You're a tough guy Huh? Yea I don't care how cool you think you are. Have a wonderful day

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Yeti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're a tough guy Huh? Yea I don't care how cool you think you are. Have a wonderful day
    I'm not a tough guy. I am someone who doesn't hang out on a forum and asks for directions everywhere. I get out and wheel and finds cool places. You should try it sometime.

16. The Following 7 Users Like Sasquatch's Post:

Battlecock (March 15th, 2015), Desertdog77 (March 15th, 2015), Dirty Harry (March 15th, 2015), MagmaFJ (October 23rd, 2017), McNasty (March 15th, 2015), owenst7 (March 15th, 2015), Toyota_James (November 9th, 2017)

Web Wheeler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a tough guy. I am someone who doesn't hang out on a forum and asks for directions everywhere. I get out and wheel and finds cool places. You should try it sometime.
    Aaww. Good for you . I'm sure that makes you happy and that's all that matters. Judging from the likes you received I'm sure that makes you feel good. However, isn't this the point in having a forum? So people can share info and ideas and what not? I'd it really hurt your feelings what I said, did it require a douce bag response? You complain that I am supposedly too lazy to search but yet you took the time to find the answers. Did you teach me anything? Nope. The fact is, I never thought about going to hot springs as it never was anything I thought I might be interested in seeing until I saw this thread. Did it waste your time to read my post? Apparently not as you took the time to respond. So once again, I truly hope you feel good about yourself and maybe we will see each other out and about.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Jay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why the hell does every fricken post turn into a pissing match between all these hot shot internet bullys?

I say; back to the top!!! Hotsprings on the Carson River. I hope my directions somewhat help you find them....

19. The Following 3 Users Like Teal-J's Post:

Desertdog77 (March 15th, 2015), flighht2k5 (March 15th, 2015), Sasquatch (March 15th, 2015)

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree, ppl need to get a life LOL,
    Thanks for the quick hints on getting there Teal-J, Was an awesome place, not a bad road in either, just was windy as hell yesterday lol.

21. The Following User Likes slackerman's Post:

Teal-J (March 16th, 2015)

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Jay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you found it???

It's pretty fun....way better in the winter when there is snow on the ground! Plus there's all kinds of wheeling around that area so it's fun to camp for the weekend and explore.

Wheeler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone have recent info on these springs? I heard they got washed out earlier this year but Iíve seen some other info that theyíre rebuilt and fine now. Also heard the road was really rough going in.

Wheeler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: took the trip down there today. Leviathan Mine Rd is rough but doable. I was in my prettymuchstock 3rd gen taco and made it down in an hour. Springs were in great condition. Was a little warm for an extended soak today but a 15 minute dip did the trick.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Keith
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmarjeep View Post
    Update: took the trip down there today. Leviathan Mine Rd is rough but doable. I was in my prettymuchstock 3rd gen taco and made it down in an hour. Springs were in great condition. Was a little warm for an extended soak today but a 15 minute dip did the trick.
    Can my stock chevy 4 door 1500 on 33's make it in there?

Wheeler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Valley View Post
    Can my stock chevy 4 door 1500 on 33's make it in there?
    I think you'd probably be okay, being careful in a couple spots or having a spotter. The biggest issue you'll probably have is with the longer wheel base and being a bit wider. I saw a completely stock FJ Cruiser down there and also followed up a guy for a bit in a Ram 2500 that looked stockish.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I donít know how much the road changed over the winter, but I drove my 3500 Cummins with a service body down there last year with no problems. Itís a open-open on 33s, no lift work truck.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Pete
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by turbobrick View Post
    I don’t know how much the road changed over the winter, but I drove my 3500 Cummins with a service body down there last year with no problems. It’s a open-open on 33s, no lift work truck.
    last year was a little rough on most trails from what I understand. I havent done any wheeling in a while.. Internet only wheeler at this point, the GF would rather Hike.
    ďThe trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.Ē -Carlos Castaneda

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Keith
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by turbobrick View Post
    I don’t know how much the road changed over the winter, but I drove my 3500 Cummins with a service body down there last year with no problems. It’s a open-open on 33s, no lift work truck.
    Right on been thinking of checking it out. If i gotta turn around no biggy

Or ill just take the honda 450 and be in a matter of mins