Real Name
    Todd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What haul trailer to buy?

Hello Everybody,

For those of us with out time, skills, location to build, ambition or any number of reasons, but still want a haul trailer for gear, tent, toys, water, what have you. What do you think would be good bang for the buck. I've looked at a number of manufacturers and do it your self from $1000 to $20,000. Thought I take input from the group. What would you go with and why?

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Conrad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a Mirage 18', 9800#, tanden axle carhauler from the lot in Fernley about 10 years ago. We beat that thing like a redheaded stepchild andit just comes back for more. It looks a little sad but works well beyond the $2150 we paid for it.

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrenchjunkie, Thank you for the input. I know a guy that did something similar. He used a car hauler and took the axles off his tent trailer and mounted that to the car hauler. He used the rest of the space for toys or more camping gear. Not very good for hauling behind the jeep on any trails. That's what I'm looking for. I would love the Adventure trailers "Chaser". Spendy! like all jeep things can be.

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang Newb......this is in the wrong thread! Hey somebody move me where I should be and re title me to off road trailer.
    Last edited by BrownBear; June 8th, 2015 at 09:21 PM. Reason: left something out

I support Blue Ribbon Coalition!
    Real Name
    Clint
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a bunch of threads on jeepforum and expedition portal on modifying those small Harbor Freight trailers to make them decent off-roaders. You can get pretty crazy with them, but it sounds like you don't want to. I think with even minimal work they can turn out pretty decent.
    Not all Americans are born in America, we have to wait for some to make it home.

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you McNasty, hmmm we are neighbors. I've viewed some of those, most people have more talent than I do. Its not as much a matter of want to. Its more of a matter I have no place to do it. I'm thinking rockboxoffroad.com they will let give a price at any level of completion or a completely finished product.

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep_mcnasty View Post
    "Be a dad. Don't be 'Mom's assistant.' ...Spend time with your kids and have your own ideas about what they need. It won't take away your manhood; it will give it to you. I did that. I spent more time with my kids. And I found out that I'm a pretty bad father. I make a lot of mistakes and I don't know what I'm doing. But my kids love me. Go figure." --Louis C.K.
    By the way......Love the Louis C.K. quote