User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 43 of 43

Thread: Damn allergies

  1. #26
    I piss excellence.
    Join Date
    27 Feb 2006
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Age
    34
    Posts
    13,041
    Real Name
    Steve
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moana nursery and scolaries usually have local honey too
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Trooper View Post
    haha If I have wood for more than 4 hours due to Viagra I am not calling there hot line. I am calling that woman's sisters, cousins, friends & quite possibly her mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89jeepcpl View Post
    A happy ending in a strip club, is leaving with some cash still in your pocket
    "The dog don't like you planting stuff there. It's his backyard. If you're the only one who craps in something, you own it. Remember that."
    -I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Casci
    I piss excellence.

  2. #27
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    30 Dec 2005
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    7,561
    Real Name
    Pete
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allergy specialist Dr app tomorrow, cant live like this.
    No good story was ever started with....Well we were drinking milk and.........

  3. #28
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    30 Dec 2005
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    7,561
    Real Name
    Pete
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CashMoney View Post
    I finally went and got some kind of shot from my dr, its seeming to help a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
    One Kenalog shot and done! It sounds like thats what you got Steve. I tried last year and I'm sold, went already for this years shot.

    Hell with the side affects, works like magic for the allergies. I'll pay the toll gladly.

    I mean who doesn't want a shot of steroids to the ass anyway?

    For real though, the doctor at the urgent care tried to talk me out of it. Told him don't care don't care, had it before, want it again. Last doctor recommended it. Might not be for everyone though, apparently it can have some serious side affects. Look into it. Best thing I've ever done, personally. Usually every spring I'm miserable with a stuffy runny nose, can't sleep, can't breathe, miserable... But Kenalog works like F M
    can you PM me the Doctors info. I just found out the Dr I'm going to my brother has used before and he sucks and strings you along so he can get more visits and make more money. Shipro or something like that.
    No good story was ever started with....Well we were drinking milk and.........

  4. #29
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    25 Jan 2010
    Location
    Elko
    Posts
    2,717
    Real Name
    Max
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGimp View Post
    can you PM me the Doctors info. I just found out the Dr I'm going to my brother has used before and he sucks and strings you along so he can get more visits and make more money. Shipro or something like that.
    I live in Elko... Sorry.

  5. #30
    I piss excellence.
    Join Date
    27 Feb 2006
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Age
    34
    Posts
    13,041
    Real Name
    Steve
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is Dr Smith at Reno family physicians but I don't believe he's taking any more patients. There are quite a few Dr's at that practice. I actually saw one of his lady colleagues that day because he was on vacation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Trooper View Post
    haha If I have wood for more than 4 hours due to Viagra I am not calling there hot line. I am calling that woman's sisters, cousins, friends & quite possibly her mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89jeepcpl View Post
    A happy ending in a strip club, is leaving with some cash still in your pocket
    "The dog don't like you planting stuff there. It's his backyard. If you're the only one who craps in something, you own it. Remember that."
    -I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Casci
    I piss excellence.

  6. The Following User Likes CashMoney's Post:

    tahoe1028 (April 4th, 2016)

  7. #31
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    14 Dec 2008
    Location
    Cold Springs
    Posts
    1,502
    Real Name
    Dave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CashMoney View Post
    Mine is Dr Smith at Reno family physicians but I don't believe he's taking any more patients. There are quite a few Dr's at that practice. I actually saw one of his lady colleagues that day because he was on vacation.
    I had Dr Smith for 10 plus years but couldn't afford the $ 1600 a year to keep him as he shrunk his patient count a few years ago. He is a great Dr if you can get him. He gave me one of those shots before. And yes his lady drs are good too...

  8. The Following User Likes tahoe1028's Post:

    CashMoney (April 4th, 2016)

  9. #32
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    27 Dec 2006
    Location
    Red Rock
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,070
    Real Name
    Dan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGimp View Post
    Costco has flownase on sale right now. First time I've tried and that stuff works fast, at least for me.
    Flonase is the shit!!! The only pills that ever worked for me are the little yellow 4 hour ones, chloro-something-or-other. Last year I had a cold that wouldn't go away for 8 weeks, dr said it was allergies and suggested Flonase (or whatever the prescription equivalent is) been on it ever sense and it's awesome. Expensive, but so worth it.

  10. #33
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    30 Dec 2005
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    7,561
    Real Name
    Pete
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CashMoney View Post
    I finally went and got some kind of shot from my dr, its seeming to help a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by chevydan3 View Post
    Flonase is the shit!!! The only pills that ever worked for me are the little yellow 4 hour ones, chloro-something-or-other. Last year I had a cold that wouldn't go away for 8 weeks, dr said it was allergies and suggested Flonase (or whatever the prescription equivalent is) been on it ever sense and it's awesome. Expensive, but so worth it.
    I dont know why but I'm one of the lucky people that flownase gives me a nasty headache, along with barely working.
    No good story was ever started with....Well we were drinking milk and.........

  11. #34
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    30 Dec 2005
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    7,561
    Real Name
    Pete
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well shapiro is the charming grumpy old fart my brother made him out to be. But I'm stuck with him I guess, oh well... Got two inhalers today from the Dr and Allergy test scheduled and picked up some Cetirizine to try...

    Today actually hasnt been that bad on the allergies knock on wood.
    No good story was ever started with....Well we were drinking milk and.........

  12. The Following User Likes DaGimp's Post:

    CashMoney (April 5th, 2016)

  13. #35
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    03 Nov 2010
    Location
    Sparks
    Posts
    3,167
    Real Name
    Mike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGimp View Post
    Well shapiro is the charming grumpy old fart my brother made him out to be. But I'm stuck with him I guess, oh well... Got two inhalers today from the Dr and Allergy test scheduled and picked up some Cetirizine to try...

    Today actually hasnt been that bad on the allergies knock on wood.
    any better?

  14. #36
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    30 Dec 2005
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    7,561
    Real Name
    Pete
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLittle View Post
    any better?
    Its very strange.. The day I went to see the Dr My allergies dropped to almost nothing. I was actually pissed because when I got to Dr it looked like I was exaggerating my symptoms from the day before. Anyhow, I've only had to take pills 3 times since then for fairly mild symptoms. Its strange to have them so bad to almost nothing over night, but you wont hear any complaints from me... Rain was great, zero allergies when its raining.

    With the wind picking up I had to take one today... But only one does the trick (spoke to soon)

    The side effects of Cetiriizine are much better for me...
    Last edited by DaGimp; April 12th, 2016 at 02:36 PM.
    No good story was ever started with....Well we were drinking milk and.........

  15. #37
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    30 Dec 2005
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    7,561
    Real Name
    Pete
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange wind is worse today and I'm hardly feeling it.
    No good story was ever started with....Well we were drinking milk and.........

  16. #38
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    30 Dec 2005
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    7,561
    Real Name
    Pete
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No good story was ever started with....Well we were drinking milk and.........

  17. #39
    Wheeler
    Join Date
    11 Jul 2007
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    327
    Real Name
    Kurt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then trick with claritin/alegra/zyrtec is to stay ahead of the allergies. The first moment you feel a bit off you need to pop one. If you let things get bad then you will spend weeks trying to feel better.

    The generic stuff at costco is pretty good, its like $30 for 365 pills. If you want to go the shot route, then Northern Nevada Alergy clinic is pretty good, I have two co-workers that went there for a year of shots. Probably will be sending my wife there as she got hit hard this year. She had zero allergies for the the first 9 years we lived here, but this year it got her.
    1997 SAS 4runner with a few mods.

  18. #40
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    30 Aug 2012
    Location
    sparks
    Posts
    1,204
    Real Name
    dave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing that works for me over the counter is Claritin D 24 hour. Other than that I have learned that it is not a good thing to sneeze right after a double hernia surgery !

  19. #41
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    30 Dec 2005
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    7,561
    Real Name
    Pete
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willys dave View Post
    The only thing that works for me over the counter is Claritin D 24 hour. Other than that I have learned that it is not a good thing to sneeze right after a double hernia surgery !
    Claritin didnt work for me... A doctor gave me a pretty stern warning about repeated use of decongestants FYI
    No good story was ever started with....Well we were drinking milk and.........

  20. #42
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    30 Aug 2012
    Location
    sparks
    Posts
    1,204
    Real Name
    dave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every one is different, that's why there are so many out there. I haven'y had allergies for years but it came back this year. I mostly just suffer because I hate taking pills.

  21. #43
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    30 Dec 2005
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    7,561
    Real Name
    Pete
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday I almost didnt have to take anything, this morning I woke up with a stuffy nose, itchy face and having asthma related issues. WIth my HEPA filter running all night next to my bed.
    No good story was ever started with....Well we were drinking milk and.........

Similar Threads

  1. Damn Allergies
    By DaGimp in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 4th, 2012, 09:50 AM
  2. Allergies
    By DaGimp in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 1st, 2010, 07:44 AM
  3. Is it possible to all the sudden have allergies?
    By JeepersCreepers in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: April 8th, 2009, 01:43 PM
  4. Damn, A.S.
    By Roach in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 1st, 2009, 05:18 AM
  5. Damn!!!!
    By izzy in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: January 8th, 2007, 04:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •