Wheeler
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 69cj5 View Post
    This is good news. The shooting in this area was out of control anyway and needed to be addressed.
    ever more restrictive gun rules is NEVER good news. proper enforcement of rule/law breaking would have been.
    '04 WJ -Custom front winch bumper -12,000lb Engo winch -4in RCX Lift -32' Treadwright Claw Tires

2. The Following User Likes WJeeper's Post:

renoanyone (April 18th, 2017)

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Roger
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way I look at it, I have lots of places I can shoot, but there is only one Moon Rocks to wheel.

4. The Following User Likes shady's Post:

69cj5 (April 19th, 2017)

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Max
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More restrictions and people coming to all your favorite spots.

6. The Following User Likes maxamillion2345's Post:

unreng (April 25th, 2017)

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Mark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WJeeper View Post
    ever more restrictive gun rules is NEVER good news. proper enforcement of rule/law breaking would have been.

I generally agree with you, however in this case the shooting was completely out of control in this area with some shooters being very close to houses. Certainly enforcement could/should have been stronger, but some of the shooting was actually outside of the "congested area" limits but within 500' of a few houses. Not good news with people hiking and off roading through the hills with bullets wizzing by. Yes this happened here. At a minimum the congested area limits needed to be updated and enforced. That would have been my first choice. Short of that, this new enforcement is a welcome change to those of us that are frequently in this area.

Definitely not a fan of potentially needing a permit for this area and not a fan of having Moon Rocks and much of the other area within a potential permit area. Hopefully that does not become a major factor.

And yes, I am a shooter as well... Just not someone that enjoys doing it in the desert near population centers with motorcycles, hikers and others in my shooting path. And not someone that trashes the desert with crap in the process.

8. The Following 2 Users Like 69cj5's Post:

Cole (April 20th, 2017), LEKCAH38 (April 24th, 2017)

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Mark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
    More restrictions and people coming to all your favorite spots.
    Unfortunately, this is true. With more people come more restrictions serving the lowest common denominator. Ugh.

Real Name
    z
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 69cj5 View Post

I generally agree with you, however in this case the shooting was completely out of control in this area with some shooters being very close to houses. Certainly enforcement could/should have been stronger, but some of the shooting was actually outside of the "congested area" limits but within 500' of a few houses. Not good news with people hiking and off roading through the hills with bullets wizzing by. Yes this happened here. At a minimum the congested area limits needed to be updated and enforced. That would have been my first choice. Short of that, this new enforcement is a welcome change to those of us that are frequently in this area.

Definitely not a fan of potentially needing a permit for this area and not a fan of having Moon Rocks and much of the other area within a potential permit area. Hopefully that does not become a major factor.

And yes, I am a shooter as well... Just not someone that enjoys doing it in the desert near population centers with motorcycles, hikers and others in my shooting path. And not someone that trashes the desert with crap in the process.
    On some days it is like war zone out there . I live at the end of Estate Rd and I can hear them at my house.
    There is also a lot of junk out there, appliances, mattresses, car parts, even whole cars. There is junk car sitting right now not far in to dirt on Estate, full of bullet holes.
    I go out a lot with SxS, hope they don't close it since it is so convenient for me to just drive out of the garage.

11. The Following User Likes zadar's Post:

LEKCAH38 (April 24th, 2017)