If anyone still cares or interested...

TroubleShooter
    Real Name
    Denis
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm always voting NO for any new taxes. Manage what you have already, if you can't, find a way to make it work, or you suck at your job and should be fired.
    Reno4x4Garage.com - CNC plasma cutting, welding, tube bending and custom 4x4 fabrication - (775) 771-2734

3. The Following 3 Users Like Dennis's Post:

CashMoney (September 20th, 2016), DJRENO (September 26th, 2016), Mrburns (September 27th, 2016)

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Scott
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLittle View Post
    How much will this tax raise in total?
    How long will it last?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Supposed to be something like 8.25% after it's passed. Lasts forever. Blank check to the schools, who have a fund raising branch funded by the education fund, to spend the money to build more schools. If the "add to the top and take from the bottom" is correct along with the 2 years "spend as you want" is 100% true I hope MORE people hear about that and talk to those trying to get WC-1 passed for answers. I'm not for giving the school a blank check into a fund they say is for buildings but they can spend on employee benefits while the same employees talk about needing money for school supplies.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdevr View Post
    Wow, this thread is like a ping pong match with 8 players on an octagonal table. Pointless and dizzying...

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They say its illegal to spend the capitol funds on pay and what not, but seems to be not the case. When I first heard the SOS people I kind of was thinking well maybe its not the evil I first thought, but seems the more I look for info the more I go back to this should be defeated. I've seen a lot of SOS signs around lately, dunno if I never noticed em before or what but definitely noticing a bunch, especially out in Red Rock.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Scott
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertninja775 View Post
    They say its illegal to spend the capitol funds on pay and what not, but seems to be not the case. When I first heard the SOS people I kind of was thinking well maybe its not the evil I first thought, but seems the more I look for info the more I go back to this should be defeated. I've seen a lot of SOS signs around lately, dunno if I never noticed em before or what but definitely noticing a bunch, especially out in Red Rock.

I've really wanted to go out late at night and act like a 13 year old and gather up all the YES signs in the area within driving distance. I couldn't believe the number along the old Meadowood mall area. Not a single on the fence of the school just down the road. Nothing at ANY of the schools. I think most people are uninformed about the entire thing which helps when the "Yes on WC-1" side has $1,000,000 to spend this time on websites, face page accounts, positive ads, and banners.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdevr View Post
    Wow, this thread is like a ping pong match with 8 players on an octagonal table. Pointless and dizzying...

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Zack
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyChemist View Post
    Not a single on the fence of the school just down the road. Nothing at ANY of the schools.
    As it should be. Public buildings shouldn't have political signage.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLittle View Post
    Something like 70% of voters here don't have kids in school.

NV does not really like tax hikes.

Snowball's chance in hell of passing.

And yes, we do need more schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you say snowballs chance but they have the "numbers" on polling right now... and for the record, I am against it. How in the world can the state hold a special session and vote to give a Billionaire 750 Million dollars that the state doesn't have all the while we as a state rank LAST in the nation in schools and performance, and repair, growth etc etc.... total BS to me.
    Friends, don't let friends get married...!!! Beer, proof god loves us! ~B.F.

9. The Following User Likes Mrburns's Post:

CashMoney (September 27th, 2016)

Wheeler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoTaco View Post
    As it should be. Public buildings shouldn't have political signage.
    It's illegal for the district to take sides on political issues.