Thread: Big Dirt Area By Talus Point

Real Name
    Shay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big Dirt Area By Talus Point

Hey guys. I was driving by the Talus area and I saw this nice big area of dirt and I was wondering, is it legal to drive out there?? Last thing I need is legal issues, I heard it was a $75 fine and a few points on your license if you off road where you're not supposed to. I saw plenty of tire marks and I've seen people out there before but I've always assumed they were just a lot more ballsy than me (lol). I'll attach some pics of the area.

https://imgur.com/a/ACESy

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Dave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's private property so its up to the landowner to restrict access which they can do at will and or get you for trespassing. what I would do if I accessed it is to not drag a bunch of mud on your way out. if the right person is there you could get a violation for messing up the street.

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Mark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave is correct, this is private property. There are 2 separate land owners there, one is claiming to be from Jackson WY, the other from Truckee.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Dan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like others have said, private property, I used to go play in that mud hole when I was a kid, but in recent years boulders have been stacked across the trails leading in there and I took that as a message that they don't want people in there.

The little trail that used to run down the creek in the canyon from the west end of parr was fun to explore before they built the condos up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I support Reno4x4!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed. Back in the day from parr south along creek to mccarran. Fun trail, some tailings, etc. or hogue road down canyon to macarran. The wonder years.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

<a href=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/rareCJ8.jpg target=_blank>http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...J8/rareCJ8.jpg</a>
    www.hillsangels4x4.com. Plankowner
    Life Member Blue Ribbon Coalition
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

Real Name
    Shay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chevydan3 View Post
    Like others have said, private property, I used to go play in that mud hole when I was a kid, but in recent years boulders have been stacked across the trails leading in there and I took that as a message that they don't want people in there.

The little trail that used to run down the creek in the canyon from the west end of parr was fun to explore before they built the condos up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yeah! I saw The boulders on the main road. If you drive up Talus there's another entrance with no boulders. Is there anywhere near by you suggest going where I won't get nailed with trespassing? Lol
    The Doggy Dog

I support Reno4x4!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaydoggy View Post
    Yeah! I saw The boulders on the main road. If you drive up Talus there's another entrance with no boulders. Is there anywhere near by you suggest going where I won't get nailed with trespassing? Lol
    head up north virginia street past the new maverick and at raleigh heights left on wellington. go to top of loop and left on is a park. left here and up to the water tanks. LOTS of miles and miles of play areas.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

<a href=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/rareCJ8.jpg target=_blank>http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...J8/rareCJ8.jpg</a>
    www.hillsangels4x4.com. Plankowner
    Life Member Blue Ribbon Coalition
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

Real Name
    Shay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RARECJ8 View Post
    head up north virginia street past the new maverick and at raleigh heights left on wellington. go to top of loop and left on is a park. left here and up to the water tanks. LOTS of miles and miles of play areas.
    Sweet! Thanks man!
    The Doggy Dog