User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Warrior 350 Help.

  1. #1
    Wheeler
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2012
    Location
    North Reno
    Posts
    288
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Warrior 350 Help.

    So I've been having issues on and off with my old 88-89 warrior. I had it running well a few weekends ago, then parked it, now it wont rev at all. I can get it to start and kinda idle but if i give it any throttle at all, it falls on its face.

    Carb was thought to be the issue 3 weeks ago and was replaced with a new one from amazon. After that it did the same stuttering/dying it was doing before, but after sitting for a bit, it started fine and ran for 4-5 hours. Then we parked it for a few weeks and now same issue.

    Anyone feel like coming over to take a look and tell me what I'm missing? live just under sun valley, right off of clear acre.

    -Aaron 775-830-9310
    '04 WJ -Custom front winch bumper -12,000lb Engo winch -4in RCX Lift -32' Treadwright Claw Tires

  2. #2
    Vendor
    Join Date
    30 May 2011
    Location
    Sparks NV
    Age
    29
    Posts
    692
    Real Name
    Eric
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clogged jet in the carb? You check to see if your fuel tank had any crap in it?
    If you dont have a in line fuel filter between the tank and carb, slap one in there. Probably need to take apart the new carb and check/find the clogged jet.
    Relentless off-road Fabrication | Sparks NV | 775-200-0544
    Fabricator of high quality off-road armor, 4x4 accessories, and more!
    We do Steel and aluminum welding, CNC cutting, tube bending, etc. Specializing in Toyota's, but work on any rig
    Check us out in my vendor forum, or on OUR WEBSITE ,on Facebook, and follow us on Instagram @relentlessfabricaion and also on our youtube

  3. #3
    Wheeler
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2012
    Location
    North Reno
    Posts
    288
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cleaned the old carb 3-4 times before saying fuck it and ordering the new one. Clean new carb a little tonight and same issue. The tank and petcock and fuel lines were all cleaned and changed late last year. Clear fuel filter under tank is clean.

    Bypassed the clutch and brake rpm limiters.

  4. #4
    I piss excellence.
    Join Date
    27 Feb 2006
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Age
    34
    Posts
    13,070
    Real Name
    Steve
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the wires by the reverse lever. I can't remember why I'm thinking this but for some reason my minds saying my buddy had a problem with a ground wire near his when were kids that did something similar. The banshee's had limiters on the carburetor slides too no sure if the warrior has that or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Trooper View Post
    haha If I have wood for more than 4 hours due to Viagra I am not calling there hot line. I am calling that woman's sisters, cousins, friends & quite possibly her mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89jeepcpl View Post
    A happy ending in a strip club, is leaving with some cash still in your pocket
    "The dog don't like you planting stuff there. It's his backyard. If you're the only one who craps in something, you own it. Remember that."
    -I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Casci
    I piss excellence.

  5. #5
    Wheeler
    Join Date
    16 Nov 2007
    Location
    Cold Springs
    Posts
    265
    Real Name
    Bob
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CashMoney View Post
    Check the wires by the reverse lever. I can't remember why I'm thinking this but for some reason my minds saying my buddy had a problem with a ground wire near his when were kids that did something similar. The banshee's had limiters on the carburetor slides too no sure if the warrior has that or not.
    Didn't ATVs back then have safety "feature" like a rev limiter of some sort when the quad was in reverse? That could be what you're thinking of Cash...and maybe the issue here.

  6. #6
    Wheeler
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2012
    Location
    North Reno
    Posts
    288
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it could be, but its not even able to rev up high enough to run, let alone go too fast in reverse. I did bypass the e-brake rev limiter. I want to think it is electrical related, but ....
    '04 WJ -Custom front winch bumper -12,000lb Engo winch -4in RCX Lift -32' Treadwright Claw Tires

  7. #7
    Wheeler
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2012
    Location
    North Reno
    Posts
    288
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did bypass the e-brake rev limiter. also known as parking brake, they are notorious for failing, but yeah, that's not it either :*(
    '04 WJ -Custom front winch bumper -12,000lb Engo winch -4in RCX Lift -32' Treadwright Claw Tires

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    22 Jul 2016
    Location
    Spanish springs
    Posts
    18
    Real Name
    Brian
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check:
    -ground wire
    -jets (hold them up to the light and run a wire through them)
    -the Orpheus from the excellorator pump to where it sprays the fuel against the slide.

    Sounds like a carb issue to me.
    Does it run better with the choke on?

  9. #9
    Wheeler
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2012
    Location
    North Reno
    Posts
    288
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Choke doesn't seem to really make any difference.

  10. #10
    Wheeler
    Join Date
    16 Nov 2007
    Location
    Cold Springs
    Posts
    265
    Real Name
    Bob
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WJeeper View Post
    it could be, but its not even able to rev up high enough to run, let alone go too fast in reverse. I did bypass the e-brake rev limiter. I want to think it is electrical related, but ....
    I think its electrical as well, what are the odds a second carb would act the same way? But, because I like to start at the beginning- have you disconnected the line to the carb and watched the fuel flow from the tank? if the tank isn't venting fuel wont flow for very long.

  11. #11
    Wheeler
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2012
    Location
    North Reno
    Posts
    288
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I think its electrical as well, what are the odds a second carb would act the same way? But, because I like to start at the beginning- have you disconnected the line to the carb and watched the fuel flow from the tank? if the tank isn't venting fuel wont flow for very long.
    Yeah, so funniest FUCKING thing. I did NOTHING to it today and tried firing it up. better than usual, Idled ok, but still wouldn't rev more than 2% over idle, would sputter and fall on its face again. got pissed and shut it off about 10 mins. Came back and just to make sure it had gas flow, i opened the carb drain and watched it stream about a cup of fuel out the hose. so its not a lack of fuel issue. tried starting it up again, and boom, started just fine as if the damn thing never had an issue. rode it around for about 15- 20 mins and all was good.

    So I'm thinking maybe cdi box?
    '04 WJ -Custom front winch bumper -12,000lb Engo winch -4in RCX Lift -32' Treadwright Claw Tires

  12. #12
    I piss excellence.
    Join Date
    27 Feb 2006
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Age
    34
    Posts
    13,070
    Real Name
    Steve
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the CDI box to me to now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Trooper View Post
    haha If I have wood for more than 4 hours due to Viagra I am not calling there hot line. I am calling that woman's sisters, cousins, friends & quite possibly her mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89jeepcpl View Post
    A happy ending in a strip club, is leaving with some cash still in your pocket
    "The dog don't like you planting stuff there. It's his backyard. If you're the only one who craps in something, you own it. Remember that."
    -I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Casci
    I piss excellence.

  13. #13
    Wheeler
    Join Date
    16 Nov 2007
    Location
    Cold Springs
    Posts
    265
    Real Name
    Bob
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CashMoney View Post
    Sounds like the CDI box to me to now.
    Fuel flow answers that question, so yep, sure sounds like the CDI box.

Similar Threads

  1. Shooting under stress - Cola Warrior West 2015 AAR
    By nvgeologist in forum Firearms
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: January 30th, 2016, 07:45 PM
  2. Compare the Yamaha Warrior and the Honda 400ex
    By Black Rock in forum ATVs & Motorcycles
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: December 15th, 2010, 12:06 PM
  3. TRADE Savage 116 .300 mag Weather Warrior
    By reno2507 in forum Firearms
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: August 8th, 2009, 04:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •