Wheeler
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need a new shooting spot.

So we used to go shooting in hungry valley off of chickadee, but due to recent land changes, I need a new place to go. I got a few people that want to go this Saturday, but not sure of a good spot anymore.

Anyone want to let me know where they go near north Reno? Or pm if you don't want your secret spot out there.

2wd accessible is a plus, but looking for anything though.

-Aaron
    '04 WJ -Custom front winch bumper -12,000lb Engo winch -4in RCX Lift -32' Treadwright Claw Tires

Real Name
    Nathan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WJeeper View Post
    So we used to go shooting in hungry valley off of chickadee, but due to recent land changes, I need a new place to go. I got a few people that want to go this Saturday, but not sure of a good spot anymore.

Anyone want to let me know where they go near north Reno? Or pm if you don't want your secret spot out there.

2wd accessible is a plus, but looking for anything though.

-Aaron
    There was a few good looking spots right up north of Cold Springs on highway 293. Road is rough but passable by 2 wheel drive. I have not shot there but I saw a few groups out there on Mother's Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any other suggestions? I find it hard to believe that no one here on RenoGunsN4x4.com has a place they go that is somewhat close.

I know there are areas out at the mine locations north on pyramid hwy that are a little bit closer than up past cold springs, plus I've been there before also. But, still hoping for somewhere a little closer.
    '04 WJ -Custom front winch bumper -12,000lb Engo winch -4in RCX Lift -32' Treadwright Claw Tires

Real Name
    Nathan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WJeeper View Post
    Any other suggestions? I find it hard to believe that no one here on RenoGunsN4x4.com has a place they go that is somewhat close.

I know there are areas out at the mine locations north on pyramid hwy that are a little bit closer than up past cold springs, plus I've been there before also. But, still hoping for somewhere a little closer.
    Your old shooting spot was my old shooting spot, so it seems like you and me are both looking for the same thing .

I know my buddy shoots out east of Damonte Ranch, but if your in the north that might be just as far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    John
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    North up Red Rock Rd has some decent spots, but you gotta pick a good backdrop because there are a lot of dispersed homesteads out that way.

I've gone to a few spots on the opposite side of Pyramid Hwy across from the Washoe County range without issue as well.

I haven't gotten out nearly as much as I used to since the arrival of my first born. My go-to spots were all in the new reservation lands off Eagle Canyon.
    Only wheeled Kia Sorento in Nevada on 31's.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    David
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on the south end of town and just find it easier to go the the range in Carson City. Pretty good setup and its free.