User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best area to live in Reno/Sparks area?

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Andrew
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zadar View Post
    We must be neighbors, you just described my house
    Maybe it IS your house!!

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Max
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Gotta dispute the higher crime in W/V. Pretty quiet here. Most crime is due to bored teens getting into unlocked cars. HOA is reasonable, control the weeds, put your shit behind the fence and things are fine. Most lots have RV access.
    Thats reasonable?

3. The Following User Likes maxamillion2345's Post:

jfrey123 (June 1st, 2017)

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Bob
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
    Thats reasonable?
    Yep, it is for me. I am the guy who previously lived across the street from professional flea market sellers and packrats who probably cost me $10K when i sold my house. Oh yeah, lets not forget the house around the corner that had a fire and still isn't completely repaired (20+ yrs later). So an HOA that makes people keep their shit in order is reasonable to me....but I understand the concept of an HOA isn't for everyone. And there are some super shitty HOA's...

5. The Following User Likes Bob's Post:

McNasty (June 2nd, 2017)

Web Wheeler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in sparks close to the highway and love it. Especially with you working on Glendale there are a couple ways to get there and it would be a 10 minute commute door to door.

There are lots of nice neighborhoods especially closer to Vista and the hills. I feel like if you drew a rectangle with prater as the south border and disc or los altos as the north border and sparks blvd being the west side and the mountains making the east it's mostly pretty nice. You might find a 3 car for your budget but it will be close. 2 years ago when I bought near the sparks police station it was easily doable but the prices keep going up.
    A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Jeff Cooper

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Scott
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll toss Galena and South Reno areas into the mix of places to live. Veterans Blvd. is going to go all the way through Hidden valley (another nice area) to Sparks Blvd. It's going to have stop signs/lights on it so it won't be a straight shot but it opens up areas to live. The #1 advantage I'd say South Reno has over the North Valleys is there is more than one way to get home. The North Valleys has 1 primary way. Interstate 80. When there is an accident due to snow/rain/ice/semi/stupid drivers it can easily stop traffic going North all the way to the Grand Sierra Resort. I carpool with people who have been stuck in it for over an hour.

I also lived in Sparks and Spanish Springs. Nice areas. Pyramid Highway rarely shut down in the mornings. Its 55 MPH pretty much the whole way North of McCarran.

Avoid Hug High and Sparks High school. Every county outside Washoe is smog exempt.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdevr View Post
    Wow, this thread is like a ping pong match with 8 players on an octagonal table. Pointless and dizzying...

Real Name
    Scott
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, we are in escrow on a home in Cold Springs, we went over budget, but the wife fell in love with the house, so how could I say no? 5 bedrooms 2.5 bathrooms, 2712 square feet. 3 car garage and RV parking. Excited to get moved in soon. Escrow closes 8/23.

Photos are in google photos.. Here's one of the outside.. I hope..

Below is a link to my google photos album of the pics I took of the house last time I was there, before remodel is complete.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yt80ZD0ecXBP1Ghn1

9. The Following 4 Users Like poriggity's Post:

CashMoney (July 31st, 2017), Dennis (July 29th, 2017), Mr_Scott (July 31st, 2017), RenoTaco (August 2nd, 2017)

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me too in the NORTHWEST Except 3 bed 2 bath 2 car 1260 sqft, some with RV parking is about a minimum of 315k unless you go purchase off 7th street area, larger homes a bit lower cost