Thread: Rubicon

Real Name
    Rodney
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rubicon

We're doing the Rubicon the 1st camping on the trail & heading out on the 2nd. Planning on making it as far as we can. Entering on Tahoma side. We were up there last weekend & it wasn't bad. Still snow & lots of water though. Throwing it out there to see if anyone wants to join us.

Vendor
    Real Name
    sharon(male)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might be game, what rigs are you going in with?
    ** Quality Firearms for competitive prices, with the best customer service by ret. Law Enforcement & Combat military Veterans (U.S & IDF)**

MaccabeeArms.com

I support Reno4x4!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just below morris rock is some new, really big boulders making for a challenge. Also at bottom really deep water, 40s submurged. Enjoy! You will have a lot of company this weekend,
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

<a href=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/rareCJ8.jpg target=_blank>http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...J8/rareCJ8.jpg</a>
    www.hillsangels4x4.com. Plankowner
    Life Member Blue Ribbon Coalition
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

Real Name
    Rodney
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As of now it's just us in our XJ & one more Wrangler. We're pretty set up & should all have no problems. Let me know if you decide to come & we can all meet up at the trail head.

I support Reno4x4!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just got a report the water at miller creek is at 48" so have good door seals, LOL.

Albert Einstein

<a href=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/rareCJ8.jpg target=_blank>http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...J8/rareCJ8.jpg</a>
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're doing a Sunday Monday trip this weekend. I gotta take care of some things on sat otherwise we'd join ya. We went last year for the forth and only ran into 2 other groups, doing the same trip, tahoma side. If the water is as crazy as Mark says and the "common knowledge" is the con is crazy busy on the 4th, I don't expect to see many people up there given I was told that (it'll be crazy packed) last year for the 4th and the conditions of the trail were far better then this year.

Real Name
    Rodney
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sunday/Monday might work better for us... we're open the whole weekend, just trying to get a group together for the Rubicon! No doors here lol.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertninja775 View Post
    We're doing a Sunday Monday trip this weekend. I gotta take care of some things on sat otherwise we'd join ya. We went last year for the forth and only ran into 2 other groups, doing the same trip, tahoma side. If the water is as crazy as Mark says and the "common knowledge" is the con is crazy busy on the 4th, I don't expect to see many people up there given I was told that (it'll be crazy packed) last year for the 4th and the conditions of the trail were far better then this year.
    I ran it last year on the 4th, and everyone told me I was crazy and it would be packed. But I had zero issues, there was ten times the trail traffic the weekend after when we went back to recover a broken rig

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curious to hear a trail report afterwards, I'm planning on doing the Rubicon next weekend, hoping to run it all the way, entering from Loon. From the reports I've heard I should be fine to Buck Island, but after that is the deeper water. How far in are you going to go?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hoping to go from Tahoma to buck, camp and head back but guess we'll see if thats possible depending on trail conditions.

Rodney, if you guys wanna meet up that be cool. It's just me, my wife is my co and a buddy will have his kid as his co. We're planning on heading up sat afternoon/evening depending how long the other crap takes and camping at the trail head (or exit I guess).

I'll try and get pics, though I'm usually pretty bad about it. Like to be in the moment more then attached to my phone when I'm out.

Real Name
    Rodney
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfect Desertninja! Let us know what time you want to meet up!

I support Reno4x4!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Below buck island saturday

https://youtu.be/cQ_i8TyWIuk

Albert Einstein

Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Ronnie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be going on the 6th. This is the report I got from the Auburn jeep club. ......Hello everyone. With our trip fast approaching we wanted to give an update on the conditions and our current plans. As of today if you signed up for option A, which is to run the entire trail from Tahoe to our property at Loon lake, we will be making the run. We are in touch with RTF, Rubicon Springs, and others and have determined that snow should not be a problem. We anticipate the what snow remains will be passable. Our only concern will be water levels. Right now the water at the bottom of Cadillac Hill leading into the Springs is deep. They have staked off the more shallow areas in an effort to help everyone through. The consensus is that by the time we make our run the levels should be lower and passable.

That being said there are other concerns. Due to the extreme winter the trail is very rough! This means that you will need to have read the application and understand the vehicle requirements. Everyone in your group must sign the waiver and we will be doing vehicle inspections at both the Tahoe trail head and for those choosing option B, when you arrive at our property.

For Option A you will be required to have a minimum 35" tire, a working winch, tow straps, solid tow points, and working seat belts. Other mandatory items are also listed in the application. Be prepared to camp on the trail Friday night! Due to the conditions it will take longer than usual to make the trip. We are still optimistic that we can get you into camp but if not make sure to have your camping gear ready and bring extra food. We will make every effort to still provide dinner Friday night but be prepared.

For option B, going straight to our property, similar vehicle inspections will occur and you must have the required items listed in the application.

Our final check on the trail conditions will be July 5th and if anything changes we will contact everyone as quickly as possible.

For everyone on the trip safety will be our top priority. There is still over a week to go so please make sure you and your vehicles are fully prepared according to the details listed in the application. Again, this years conditions are more extreme than normal.

If you have any questions or concerns you can message us here or contact us via our website at www.auburnjeepclub.com.

We look forward to another fun filled weekend at our home on the Rubicon Trail and look forward to seeing everyone there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Ronnie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was told there is like a 9' deep hole in spring on Cadillac hill

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mixed messages in the post are killing me. Don't go to the con over the 4th cause its wall to wall people. Also, the water is too deep, no one can make it, it's un runable. Guess it'll be wall to wall people in the water that's too deep on a trail that's not doable. Party on Garth.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodneycoral View Post
    Perfect Desertninja! Let us know what time you want to meet up!
    Pm'd you my #.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Max
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take pictures!

18. The Following User Likes maxamillion2345's Post:

Desertninja775 (June 29th, 2017)

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Don
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I support Reno4x4!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    going down with gravity makes it a tad easier, but going back up morris will be interesting. Most so far are forced to pull cable. bet that rock won't last long...

Albert Einstein

Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Real Name
    Mark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the current verdict on the tahoe side? My front axle is out and getting all the upgrades I think it needs. Looking forward to getting out on the trail. Rather not be going in and out loon. Has anyone been able to run all the way through yet?

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Ronnie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think some guys hit it this weekend. I'm going on Thursday I'll come back with a full report and pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've pumped water out in the really bad spots but was still to the top of my tires at times and I'm on 38s. My buddy that went with me is on 35s and was fine also. I'd assume it'll only get better as they were still working on improving the trail as we went through. Most of the people we encountered were working the trail actually.

24. The Following User Likes Desertninja775's Post:

AR1988 (July 5th, 2017)

Real Name
    Mark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be a good year to water proof the fuse box on the jk. Never been a snorkel guy, not going in over hood deep, but I may go fuse deep hahah. I'm on pbr 37s now. Thanks for the info gents! Looking forward to doing more wheeling with the nv community.