Real Name
    sharon(male)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fordyce Run September

Howdy all,

Tim (RubiconLimo) and I will be heading up Fordyce weekend of September 8 from meadow lake with plans of doing the full round trip, if interested in joining, post up here, also, if you are going through in the next few weeks, please post pics and conditions (especially the water crossings..)
    ** Quality Firearms for competitive prices, with the best customer service by ret. Law Enforcement & Combat military Veterans (U.S & IDF)**

MaccabeeArms.com

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Troopster and I went last weekend and it was a blast!! I might be down for another trip. One of the best places I've been for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following 2 Users Like Newbie CJ7's Post:

Dirty Harry (August 2nd, 2017), seal13il (August 2nd, 2017)

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Steve
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested. I whitewater kayaked Fordyce several years ago and I wish I had a picture of 4 guys and 4 kayaks driving down to the river in a sammi. I understand the full trail is tough so I'm wondering about the rig requirements. Tim, I'm the orange LJ, that followed you up cadillac with the help of you and your son. Actually, I think sharon was also in that group. My rig's the same '06 LJ, 4' lift, skidded, beefed up suspension on 33" tires.
    '06 Orange LJ Rubicon
    KI7HVC

6. The Following User Likes FOUR FLUSHER's Post:

seal13il (August 2nd, 2017)

Vendor
    Real Name
    sharon(male)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I never wheeld Fordyce I do not know what is the minimum requirement....Prob Tim will have the answer to that....will be great to wheel with you again Steve
    ** Quality Firearms for competitive prices, with the best customer service by ret. Law Enforcement & Combat military Veterans (U.S & IDF)**

MaccabeeArms.com

Vendor
    Real Name
    sharon(male)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie CJ7 View Post
    Troopster and I went last weekend and it was a blast!! I might be down for another trip. One of the best places I've been for sure.

How where the water levels?

MaccabeeArms.com

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Mike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say you should pass this trail it is no joke and tough. You don't want to tear your rig up. There are plenty of other trials to run. just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by FOUR FLUSHER View Post
    I'm interested. I whitewater kayaked Fordyce several years ago and I wish I had a picture of 4 guys and 4 kayaks driving down to the river in a sammi. I understand the full trail is tough so I'm wondering about the rig requirements. Tim, I'm the orange LJ, that followed you up cadillac with the help of you and your son. Actually, I think sharon was also in that group. My rig's the same '06 LJ, 4' lift, skidded, beefed up suspension on 33" tires.
    1975 J20 Jeep FI454/ th400/203/205 /118 wheelbase. SOA, OBA, 42" Pitbulls beadlocked on tons

10. The Following 2 Users Like Mike's Post:

jsipe007 (August 2nd, 2017), trupster415 (August 3rd, 2017)

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Steve
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mike, after doing some research I was thinking the same thing, and I'd hate to miss the Rubicon which is a couple weeks later
    '06 Orange LJ Rubicon
    KI7HVC

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Max
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its definitely a tough trail with plent of chances for flopping and body damage or breakage. We had a TJ on 35s locked locked follow us through a couple years back but he took all the bypasses he could.

Far nastier than anything on Cadillac IMO.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Dan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read in 4wheeler about 20 years ago that to prepare to run Fordyce you should run the entire Rubicon in 2wd. That should get you there. Although that may be a little extreme the trail is no joke. I would recommend running it during the Sierra Trek for the more cautious people. There is a lot of help to get you through the 5.5 winch hills. The minimum vehicle requirements for the full trail according to Cal4wheel are 35's. 3" lift and minimum 1 locker. Although 2 make it more enjoyable.

As far as the water flows it looks like they are not releasing much water right now. A flow of 30 is easily doable for anyone. This could change especially after Sierra Trek. I recommend checking Dream flows before you go...

http://www.dreamflows.com/graphs/day.063.php

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Madison
    “What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.”

KG7DLY

14. The Following User Likes carbonunit's Post:

seal13il (August 3rd, 2017)

I support Reno4x4!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X2 on going with Trek. Much like Jamboree, they have assist crews at the main obstacles, plus a great meal plan, entertainment and legendary raffle.

https://cal4wheel.com/sierra-trek

We will be in hanging out at winch hill 5 sat afternoon to watch carnage and main camp sat night for dinner, bon fire and the vendors row.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

<a href=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/rareCJ8.jpg target=_blank>http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...J8/rareCJ8.jpg</a>
    www.hillsangels4x4.com. Plankowner
    Life Member Blue Ribbon Coalition
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

16. The Following 2 Users Like RARECJ8's Post:

carbonunit (August 3rd, 2017), Dirty Harry (August 3rd, 2017)

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Harry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be supporting Cal4Wheel by attending Sierra Trek next week as a participant.

Vendor
    Real Name
    sharon(male)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tried supporting them.... bit of a cluster and misinformation through the registration process, going into an emergency surgery today therefore I couldn't make it even if I tried...

MaccabeeArms.com